Liverpool spending under rafa - To prove a point !

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:59 pm

A manc.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:00 pm

bavlondon wrote:Sorry mate but those figures are bs. The only thing this proves is some people are too lazy to look for the old thread to bump.

which figure is BS ?

show me one figure thats BS please before coming up with sht like that ...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:04 pm

:laugh:  fcking hell if i had come on and said we spent 100mill less than manutd in the past 4 years you lot would have all agreed... cant handle the truth now can we ladies ?! :;):

typical nonsense so ill stay away from replying for a while but im still waiting for some who claim the figures to be inaccurate and BS to point out the mistakes so i'd fix them... until then i take it this list is as accurate as they come...

:cool:
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:04 pm

aCe' wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Sorry mate but those figures are bs. The only thing this proves is some people are too lazy to look for the old thread to bump.

which figure is BS ?

It's all a pathetic bunch anyways.

Anyway here is a relative part to today.

Ferguson spent more money between 1986 and February 1991 (£12.8m gross, £9.87m net) than Dalglish managed in his six seasons (£12.5m gross, but only £5.77m net), but got nowhere near to toppling the Reds in that time.

So United's net spend was virtually twice that of Liverpool, and yet Ferguson still didn't trouble Dalglish. The money Ferguson spent wisely in the late '80s on players like Ince, Pallister, Hughes and Bruce took four years to have any effect on the league title. This is only Torres and Mascherano's second season.

So why did Ferguson spend so much more than Dalglish?

Well, Dalglish (like Ferguson in 2004) had a lot of his squad already in place.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:05 pm

Most people accept that lfctransfer.net is the most accurate record of Liverpool's transfers.

Torres for starters is listed at £20.2 million.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:06 pm

aCe' wrote: :laugh:  fcking hell if i had come on and said we spent 100mill less than manutd in the past 4 years you lot would have all agreed... cant handle the truth now can we ladies ?! :;):

typical nonsense so ill stay away from replying for a while but im still waiting for some who claim the figures to be inaccurate and BS to point out the mistakes so i'd fix them... until then i take it this list is as accurate as they come...

Maybe you should also get the figures in contrast to us when Fergie first took over at Utd? At least then you will be aware of what was needed for them to topple us and you will see that it is the same as what Rafa is doing now. The only difference is that times have moved on so the fees are a lot bigger but the overall strategy and method is the same.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:10 pm

bavlondon wrote:
aCe' wrote:

which figure is BS ?

It's all a pathetic bunch anyways.

Anyway here is a relative part to today.

Ferguson spent more money between 1986 and February 1991 (£12.8m gross, £9.87m net) than Dalglish managed in his six seasons (£12.5m gross, but only £5.77m net), but got nowhere near to toppling the Reds in that time.

So United's net spend was virtually twice that of Liverpool, and yet Ferguson still didn't trouble Dalglish. The money Ferguson spent wisely in the late '80s on players like Ince, Pallister, Hughes and Bruce took four years to have any effect on the league title. This is only Torres and Mascherano's second season.

So why did Ferguson spend so much more than Dalglish?

Well, Dalglish (like Ferguson in 2004) had a lot of his squad already in place.

Mate you are totally missing the point.. i understand the newbies getting their knickers in a twist over this but you've seen all the nonsense about Rafas spending on these boards over time... the takeover thread last night was pathetic... anyways...

this isnt about us missing out on the league or any of that... has nothing to do with manutd winning the league or us missing out or anything.... simple facts and figures.... nothing more to it....

some will say manutd spent loads more than we did, this is just to put things right....
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:11 pm

Ace it's hard to put credibility in your figures when you won't even tell us where you got them from.

Flight made some valid points as he did in Bad Bob's money thread which Bav has mentioned, you didn't respond to them apart from calling him a newbie and I've told you the correct transfer fee for Torres.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:11 pm

tiresome...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:11 pm

bavlondon wrote:
aCe' wrote::laugh:  fcking hell if i had come on and said we spent 100mill less than manutd in the past 4 years you lot would have all agreed... cant handle the truth now can we ladies ?! :;):

Maybe you should also get the figures in contrast to us when Fergie first took over at Utd? At least then you will be aware of what was needed for them to topple us and you will see that it is the same as what Rafa is doing now. The only difference is that times have moved on so the fees are a lot bigger but the overall strategy and method is the same.

again, same thing....

nothing to do with the point of the thread....

lets just say i agree with you that we need to spend much more than Manutd do to get the squad to match theirs in terms of quality.... because i do i really do....
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:11 pm

You are wasting your time Ace'

We finished second in the league and ABOVE the mancs 2 years before Rafa arrived. We won the CL in Rafa's first season while the mancs won NOTHING. We won the FA CUP the following year while the mancs had to make do with the Milk cup.Yet our players were cr@p and theirs were all world stars?

If people want to live in cloud cuckoo land were Rafa has only spent 6 quid since he came while the mancs have spent £80million on Ronaldo let them mate. It makes them happy so why worry.
account deleted by request

Postby aCe' » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:14 pm

fivecups wrote:Ace it's hard to put credibility in your figures when you won't even tell us where you got them from.

Flight made some valid points as he did in Bad Bob's money thread which Bav has mentioned, you didn't respond to them apart from calling him a newbie and I've told you the correct transfer fee for Torres.

Liverpoolfc.net doesnt cite a price tag for Torres...
When Rafa was asked about the Torres deal he said we talk about it including the Garcia deal which was 4 mill... the deal from most sources is a 20mill, going to 2.5 with add ons + Garcia (4mill) so i dont understand where this one is in the wrong.. if anything the 4 mill listed up there for Garcia shouldnt be there but then again that wouldnt really make much of a difference now would it ?!

EDIT: the source is up there in the opener i edited into it after he made the first comment...
Last edited by aCe' on Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:16 pm

s@int wrote:You are wasting your time Ace'

We finished second in the league and ABOVE the mancs 2 years before Rafa arrived. We won the CL in Rafa's first season while the mancs won NOTHING. We won the FA CUP the following year while the mancs had to make do with the Milk cup.Yet our players were cr@p and theirs were all world stars?

If people want to live in cloud cuckoo land were Rafa has only spent 6 quid since he came while the mancs have spent £80million on Ronaldo let them mate. It makes them happy so why worry.

certainly seems so mate but anyways...

funny how they go on about the figures being wrong without actually bothering to point out where....

THEY ARE JUST WRONG FFS ! THEY CANT BE RIGHT !   :down:

eh anyways.....
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:20 pm

Come on mate are you really going to say that the squad Rafa inherited is better than one we have now?

I don't recall Real Madrid and Barcelona trying to sign the likes of Igor Biscan or Salif Diao. No disrespect to those players but the squad has evolved since then. By saying what you are saying you are implying that anyone would have won those things we won those years as we 'had the players in place from GH'.

It's easy to look at it that way but GH did not win those things. He was sacked, and for a good reason. Rafa organised what he had to work with and brought in a few players. The contributions of Luis Garcia and Xabi were immense on those seasons.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:21 pm

aCe' wrote:

certainly seems so mate but anyways...

funny how they go on about the figures being wrong without actually bothering to point out where....

THEY ARE JUST WRONG FFS ! THEY CANT BE RIGHT !   :down:

eh anyways.....

Well for starters the Torres figure is wrong. It was banded around as 26.whatever mil but that was before Garcia went the other way so in the end it was 20.something mill.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion