Liverpool sign joao carlos teixeira

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:58 pm

maguskwt wrote:
tubby wrote:What's happend to that Suso? Thought he was meant to be the 2nd coming?

2nd coming of what?

Pacheco.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maguskwt » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:11 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
tubby wrote:What's happend to that Suso? Thought he was meant to be the 2nd coming?

2nd coming of what?

Pacheco.

:laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:18 pm

metalhead wrote:Good signing the next "Gerrard"

no pressure then? :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JC_81 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:18 pm

Agree with those saying it's difficult to get excited about signing these kids... so many false dawns.

Pongolle and Le Tallec were meant to be superstars in the French youth set up when we signed them.

Nemeth looked a great player at reserve level but never got a chance.

Pacheco was also a standout player at reserve level, but we keep loaning him out rather than give him a chance.

Now it's Sterling and Suso people are bigging up, although Sterling does genuinely look like he has a chance.  I thought the whole Sporting team looked good in that Next Gen tournament, but I'd be lying if I said I was talking after the game about how much Teixera stood out at the time.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alxy » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:22 am

Am more hopeful this time. Kenny and our owners seems to have a good policy of looking at youngsters and giving them a chance. Which is more than what they got under Benitez (Roy didn't have enough time to have an impact on youngsters). Under Rafa, it seemed as if one bad performance and you're out. Though I guess Rafa can be credited for sticking with Lucas, and see how he turned out now. Not saying Lucas is the find of the century, but at least not a total flop-out. Having said that, I wish we could unearth a gem in the likes of Owen, Fowler and Gerrard, i.e. a youngster who comes in and has a tremendous impact, and not just "do ok".
alxy

Postby Raoul » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:40 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
maguskwt wrote:

2nd coming of what?

Pacheco.

:bowdown
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:23 pm

kartiek wrote:Teixeira will probably need a whole year of bulking up and excellent showing before he can even think about showing up for the first team.

when you see players like modric running the show and he must be around 8 stone then the whole argument of bulking up players doesnt hold much weight.
no pun intended.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:53 pm

lakes10 wrote:get a bit fed up of hearing stuff like this over the last few years, they never seem to make it into the first team, lets hope he is good and we see him soon.

same here..."wonder kid signs for livepool...blar blar blar"

Hope to see some of these youngsters breaking into the team instead of getting free transfers to lower league teams, only to never be heard of again...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:34 pm

Where and what is Sterling doing at the moment?
As poor as Downing has been this year surely it's worth having a punt on Raheem!!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:27 pm

red till i die!! wrote:
kartiek wrote:Teixeira will probably need a whole year of bulking up and excellent showing before he can even think about showing up for the first team.

when you see players like modric running the show and he must be around 8 stone then the whole argument of bulking up players doesnt hold much weight.
no pun intended.

But even the likes of Modric, Aguero and even Messi had to bulk up to some extent when they hit the big time.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:07 pm

tubby wrote:
red till i die!! wrote:

no pun intended.

But even the likes of Modric, Aguero and even Messi had to bulk up to some extent when they hit the big time.

that wasnt the point i was making,im saying if a player has inteligence,pace and is fit then that should be enough to play football.it should not matter what size a players chest or arms are.
now if we were lfc wrestling club then id say we need to bulk them up. :eyebrow
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu May 10, 2012 12:58 pm

Anyone know why he hasn't featured in the reserves?

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Thu May 10, 2012 1:15 pm

Cool Hand Luke » Thu May 10, 2012 11:58 am wrote:Anyone know why he hasn't featured in the reserves?

I was watching a little bit of a recent game on LFC TV, he is injured apparently.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Frank McParland, Liverpool’s Academy Director:

"The NextGen Series has been fantastic for us. The lads experience what it is like to go to the next level. You are travelling across Europe like the first team do. Spending time at airports, on planes, in hotels, coping with the downtime, playing top European teams such as Sporting Lisbon. It’s a brilliant learning curve. Even in the games you have different referees and formations to adjust to. For the likes of myself it allowed us to scout one or two players too.

One that was outstanding last year was Joao Texeira at Sporting. We knew when we saw him he was one for us and when we got the chance to sign him the manager backed me and we spent a considerable sum on him. The trouble was when we got to the medical his back was in a seriously bad way. We questioned going ahead with it but he was worth the risk. He was put in a back brace for six months and after some fantastic work by the physios he is starting to play again. He is going to be a top, top player."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... thing.html
Eagle

Postby Eagle » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:05 am

The U21s lost 0-1 to Man Utd on Monday night. In a match that featured Wisdom, Coady, Suso, Morgan, Shelvey and Sterling, it was Joao Carlos Teixeira who stood out for us.

For me he is ahead of Suso in terms their current levels and had it not been for the serious nature of his back injury he probably would have got a few games in the first team by now. He is also far better suited to playing in the centre than Suso and he can play in both the roles Gerrard and Henderson are currently performing for the first team.

He has started to regularly play 90 minutes for the U21s since the turn of the year and had the chance to train with the first team a couple of weeks ago. It wouldn’t surprise me if he gets on the bench towards the end of the season and trains with the first team in pre-season.
Eagle

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion