Liverpool's chances - Of champions league for next season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby DrLiverpool » Sat Apr 10, 2004 7:42 pm

Do Liverpool have a good cahnce to finnish 4th this season ?

Looking at Liverpool's and Newcastle's fixtures for the last six games I think they do have a good chance.

Liverpool                     Newcastle                                     
-------------             ------------
charlton     H              Arsenal    H
fulham       H             aston villa  A
man utd.    A              chelsea    H
m'boro       H              man city   A
birmingham A              wolves      H
newcastle  H              liverpool    A

We have 4 home games while newcastle 3. thats one advantage.
they have chelsea and arsenal at home but we have united away.
Liverpool SHOULD win all their home games and at least get a draw at birmingham. forget united for the moment.
Newcastle have a few other hard games like aston villa and LFC away.

If it comes down to the last game of the season then we should win it as we're at home.   

And Newcastle are still in the UEFA Cup so they might be concentrating on that and be tired from midweek games.

Now looking at this Liverpool look like they will get 4th spot.

your views............

:)

dr liverpool

*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jedwards » Sat Apr 10, 2004 8:25 pm

I do not think LFC will make it, They wouldn't get anything from Man Utd, or Birmingham,Fulham,
I don't have faith in the Manager, he has too many averge player in the team, apart from 3-4 good players !! :(
jedwards

Postby DrLiverpool » Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:56 pm

Thats very negative mate saying we'd lose to fulham united and birmingham.
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Sat Apr 10, 2004 10:07 pm

Heres what I think the results will be.

Liverpool beat charlton,boro,fulham and birmingham. 
Lose to united and draw to newcastle.

Newcastle lose to arsenal,chelsea and probably aston villa.
They will probably beat man city and wolves and draw with us

You might say that this is what I hope the results are (it probably is) but its probably what will happen.

DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:40 am

I think there wil be MORE Draws than you are predicting there Dr :D i can't see us getting more than a POINT @ Brum or Man U , We will struggle to break down Boro at Home as their away form is very impressive and we will probabbly beat Charlton And Fulham .... So thats 9 more pts ....

Newcastle will draw with Arsenal and I suspect beat Chelsea. They wil win at Villa , beat Wolves at home and  win or draw at City so thats 11 points minimum given tham an advantage when they visit Anfield. Recent seaons have shown that when the s##t HAs to stick and LFC win to achieve 4th spot they have failed. Its not loking good for LFC and it will just about cap off a disappointing season all round if we don't .....

Walk On .....
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:48 am

Firstly you have a very negative attitude which I dont like.
We can win all our home games. While I doubt that Newcastle will beat chelsea as chelsea are superb away from home also i doubt they will get anything playing arsenal.
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:14 am

Read my previous posts Dr, I think you will find my attitude is hardly negative and I dont particualrly concern myself with what you like or dislike LOL:D Your right , we CAN win ALL our home games , the question is WILL WE? Liverpool have LOST 4 AT HOME and Drawn 3  and won 8 so in nearly HALF our HOME games we have failed to win, so what was your point about us winning ALL remaining 4 fixtures at home ? On CURRENT form we will fail to win at least 2 of these so my predictions are based on simply attaianing what we done all season. So 2 DRAWS and 2 WINS and Ok maybe a win at Brum and a  LOSS or a draw at Man U will leave  us needing to WIN on the last day of the season, something we have failed to do in the last 2 seasons ....... lets see shall we :p
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:19 am

Looking at Newcastles fixtures I think we have 4th place on a plate. They have a poor away record and out of their home games they have to face Arsenal and Chelsea! I can't see them getting many points.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:19 am

We'll see who's right and who's wrong.

So you think liverpool wont finish fourth while I do.

I'll see you at the end of the season. :p
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:20 am

XSD wrote:Looking at Newcastles fixtures I think we have 4th place on a plate. They have a poor away record and out of their home games they have to face Arsenal and Chelsea! I can't see them getting many points.

Dalglish mate listen to this chap.
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:36 am

I'm listening Dr I am !!!! LOL :p  Whilst I appreciate that Newcastle have hardly set the Prem alight either this season I know a lot more about the team I choose to watch. The statistics say (And Thank God Staistics dont rule football!!!) that Liverpool WON'T win all 4 Home fixtures and we have 2 VERY tricky AWAY games. I sincerely hope we win EVERY game but even the most optimistic amongst us doesn't think that possible. Do you attend the games ? If so we shall have a BEER on it but believe me I HOPE TO GOD your right , a round of drinks is a small price to pay for entry into the Champions League ! LOL
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrLiverpool » Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:38 am

No I dont attend the games as I live nowhere near Liverpool but I watch almost every game on satellite (not sky they hardly ever show LFC).
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:56 am

a)shd win against Charlton, Fullham.
b)I can't see them winning or even drawing against manure.
c)Best a draw against brimingham
d)Boro at home will be a 0-0 draw.
e)Against Newcastle, same senario as last season, think Newcastle will pinch a 1-1 draw as liverpool chokes again.

All the above predictions are valid if biscan continues to play centreback....... If GH Makes sensible tactical changes, we are good enuff to beat birmingham & boro.

Not easy to make prediction for our matches. Must always anticipate what screw-ups that kermit makes during matches before predicting
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Apr 11, 2004 9:46 am

In spite of some surprising optimism, Newcastle aren't the only team in contention, we're not that great at the moment and all our remaining fixtures are against top eleven sides. Newcastle have Man City and Wolves, two relegation candidates, we have the probability/possibility of beating Charlton and Fulham at home. If only it were clear-cut, we lost to Man City at home in the run-in last season ffs. As I pointed out in a similar thread, we picked up eight points from those fixtures last season and eight points from the reverse fixtures this season - where is the optimism coming from?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:37 am

Owzat wrote:In spite of some surprising optimism, Newcastle aren't the only team in contention, we're not that great at the moment and all our remaining fixtures are against top eleven sides. Newcastle have Man City and Wolves, two relegation candidates, we have the probability/possibility of beating Charlton and Fulham at home. If only it were clear-cut, we lost to Man City at home in the run-in last season ffs. As I pointed out in a similar thread, we picked up eight points from those fixtures last season and eight points from the reverse fixtures this season - where is the optimism coming from?

I think If arsenal hadn't outplayed us, i would have been a little optimistic. Our defence is really in a very bad shape. I can't imagine how they can let players run at them and they just back off.

Fullham has Boa morte who can do a henry (ie run at our defence).
Boro has Junino who can do a henry.
Manure has ronaldo & giggs
Birmingham has that short winger. Forgot his name. Always seems to have a good game against us.
Newcastle has Laurent robert.

U can bet now that the managers know how to beat us. Just run at our defence....... It will cause panic & confusion.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion