Champions league nxt season - Decision tomorrow?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedorDead » Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:16 pm

I don't thinnk that is how it works Cigs....I think a whole bunch of teams qualify from the third qualifying round, If Everton, Man Scum and us all win our games then we'd all qualify for the group stages...don't quote me on that however
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:25 pm

RedorDead wrote:I don't thinnk that is how it works Cigs....I think a whole bunch of teams qualify from the third qualifying round, If Everton, Man Scum and us all win our games then we'd all qualify for the group stages...don't quote me on that however

I am a bit confused by it all TBH oh well better than having to qualify in all three rounds I suppose, still a bit unfair if we take someones place though, cant see why we cant just be invited as a wildcard, like UEFA do every year.
So if we are in the 3rd qualifying round how many games do we play to actually go through to the group stages? Is it 2?
Cause then that wont really effect our pre season plans.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neilE » Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:31 pm

[So if we are in the 3rd qualifying round how many games do we play to actually go through to the group stages? Is it 2?

same as we did this season - two leg tie, home & away
]
neilE

Postby 76-1115222408 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:55 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
RedorDead wrote:I don't thinnk that is how it works Cigs....I think a whole bunch of teams qualify from the third qualifying round, If Everton, Man Scum and us all win our games then we'd all qualify for the group stages...don't quote me on that however

I am a bit confused by it all TBH oh well better than having to qualify in all three rounds I suppose, still a bit unfair if we take someones place though, cant see why we cant just be invited as a wildcard, like UEFA do every year.
So if we are in the 3rd qualifying round how many games do we play to actually go through to the group stages? Is it 2?
Cause then that wont really effect our pre season plans.

I think somebody has to lose their place because there must have to be an EVEN number of teams(IMO!! btw) in the tournament for it to work properly. If we were given a wild card, there would be an ODD number of teams and it would create logistical problems.
Again pleas dont qoute me on this as fact, just what seems to be common sense in my opinion....and im not saying YOU have'nt got common sense CGGY btw...just that this way would make common sense to me!!   :;):
76-1115222408

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion