Champions league nxt season - Decision tomorrow?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:26 am

:angry: You can :censored: off aswell bitter blue nose :censored:  :angry: what a moaning shower of :censored:.

Cahill speaks up.

Cahill has joined the chorus of Everton voices insisting that we must not suffer if the loveable reds are allowed to enter next season’s Champions League.

In the names of fairness and reasonableness, there are concerns that such a move would hit Everton financially, with the club’s potential revenue decreased as there would be a fifth English side in the competition.

Speaking to Sky Sports, Cahill said, "I am absolutely delighted for Liverpool, it is a remarkable achievement and they deserve it. But, when you start asking for rules to be changed, I am not sure. There must not be rules for one and rules for another, but I will leave that to the top men to decide. But just as long as it does not affect us, then I am happy for Liverpool to be in the Champions League. For two massive clubs in such a small city to have achieved what they have is tremendous. It is fantastic for everyone. But we are just worried about Everton after what we have done this year, our results speak for themselves. If Liverpool get a place in the Champions League, then fair play to them. But if it affects us then I will not be happy as an Everton player
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:53 am

john craig wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:John Craig, your name will go down in history.

This was well worth another thread.

Fu.ck sake LeonMC0718!!

Sarcasm??

Thats not like you!!

Why don't you make a few posts that actually relate to LFC rather than pointless whinging?

I do, the difference being that I add them to existing debates rather than starting new threads in a pathetic attempt to get some replies to already exhausted topics.

Your post starting thread could have gone herea thread started only Monday, or it could have gone here had you bothered to look. Alternatively, you could have added you ten bobs worth here, OR here, OR here, OR here OR or here ! ! !.

Pull your finger out, stop being so lazy and look and think before you post.
Last edited by Leonmc0708 on Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:14 am

here we go again.........
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:55 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
john craig wrote:

Fu.ck sake LeonMC0718!!

Sarcasm??

Thats not like you!!

Why don't you make a few posts that actually relate to LFC rather than pointless whinging?

I do, the difference being that I add them to existing debates rather than starting new threads in a pathetic attempt to get some replies to already exhausted topics.

Your post starting thread could have gone herea thread started only Monday, or it could have gone here had you bothered to look. Alternatively, you could have added you ten bobs worth here, OR here, OR here, OR here OR or here ! ! !.

Agreed, close this sh!te thread
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:50 am

Not getting a champions league spot COULD be a blessing in disguise. If we dont get it, the team will be 100% focused on progress in the league and the wont have europe on their minds like last season plus we will use our strongest sides in the epl instead of in europe. It may even give us a chance to push for the title if the top 3 are busy thinkin of europe
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:09 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
john craig wrote:

Fu.ck sake LeonMC0718!!

Sarcasm??

Thats not like you!!

Well apart from you and that pri.ck stinger, no one else seems to care, do they?

I'm happy to for me and others to post on this thread if it means whinging fu.cks like you won't bother to post on it, so go and do one.

Most peolple on here think you're a moaning cu.nt so why don't you take the hint, shut up and let people post how they want :p
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:50 am

.oh happy days.................. :D
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:53 am

john craig wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
john craig wrote:

Fu.ck sake LeonMC0718!!

Sarcasm??

Thats not like you!!

Well apart from you and that pri.ck stinger, no one else seems to care, do they?

I'm happy to for me and others to post on this thread if it means whinging fu.cks like you won't bother to post on it, so go and do one.

Most peolple on here think you're a moaning cu.nt so why don't you take the hint, shut up and let people post how they want :p

Go have a lie down and a cry  :kungfu:
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lawrenson_sarah » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:06 pm

It doesnt matter that much does it....
www.myspace.com/lawrenson_sarah

www.sarahlawrenson.piczo.com

He's scouse, he's sound. He'll T-w-a-t you with a pound Carragher - Carragher
lawrenson_sarah
LFC Super Member

Postby ciccioweb » Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:36 pm

The champion has to defend the cup next season...

NOWAY !!!

:devil:
ciccioweb

Postby el_stinger » Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:18 pm

ciccioweb wrote:The champion has to defend the cup next season...

NOWAY !!!

:devil:

Must be a f@g
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:57 am

hey so i read that UEFA will have a decision by tomorrow. via phone conference. finally the wait will be over. From reading most of the articles relating to this it seems there is a consensus in news print the Liverpool should go through the whole qualifying stages, ie unseeded.

What will this mean for our chances in the EPL and getting through to the latter stages of the CL? Will we again do well in one to the detriment of the other. Hopefully after the purchases made by rafa the squad will have enough depth to do well in both. up the 'pool !!!! :cool:

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:13 am

babu wrote:hey so i read that UEFA will have a decision by tomorrow. via phone conference. finally the wait will be over. From reading most of the articles relating to this it seems there is a consensus in news print the Liverpool should go through the whole qualifying stages, ie unseeded.

What will this mean for our chances in the EPL and getting through to the latter stages of the CL? Will we again do well in one to the detriment of the other. Hopefully after the purchases made by rafa the squad will have enough depth to do well in both. up the 'pool !!!! :cool:

That is impossible, the holders are automatically the top seeds in the competition.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:29 pm

And according to the Echo, I was right:

By Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL'S entry into next season's European Cup is set to be confirmed tomorrow after a powerful high ranking Turkish delegate threw his weight behind the holders.

It's been widely presumed the Turks were against the move to hand Rafa Benitez's side a place in this year's competition.

Fenerbahce were worried they would lose their automatic qualification spot if the European champs were successful.

However, that's not going to be the case. The increasingly likely compromise is the Reds will be entered into the third qualifying round alongside Manchester United and Everton.

The UEFA senior vice-president is Turkish delegate Senes Erjik and he is understood to be backing this proposal.

Erjik is a powerful figure within the organisation. He's second in command to Lennart Johannson and is tipped to take over the Presidency when the 75-year-old steps down.

Having fought to assure Fenerbahce of their place, Erjik is now believed to be lobbying support for Liverpool's right to defend their title.

The club who will miss out on Champions League football is expected to come from either San Marino or Andorra, one of whom will be withdrawn from the first qualifying round.

This will have a knock-on effect, creating a vacancy for Liverpool to enter as top seeds in the third qualifier in August.

The most contentious topic of discussion for the committee, which meets tomorrow, isn't Liverpool's right to defend their title. No European champion has ever been denied that privilege since the competition began and the majority of members support Liverpool's cause.

Of more concern is the repercussions of an unprecedented five clubs from one Football Association participating. Financially, this will impact on the share of the lucrative market pool.

As it stands, if all reach the group stage, five rather than four clubs share an estimated £52m. That means Liverpool, Everton, Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal would get £10.4m each rather than £13m.

The further the clubs get, the greater their share of the market pool. If all five clubs then reached the knockout stage, or even the last eight, their share of earnings would inevitably be less than in previous years when four clubs divided the cash allocated to their association.

UEFA also know they will have to clarify the rules for future tournaments in the event of a repeat of the current farce.

The example of 2000 when Real Madrid were given a place ahead of Real Zaragoza has been widely interpreted as a missed opportunity.

However, in UEFA's defence, the Champions League format was different then as there were only four groups in the competition.

UEFA didn't want any of the groups to include two clubs from the same association - a policy still in place. Since then, the format has changed and there are eight groups.

Technically, UEFA could amend the rules to allow a maximum of eight teams from one association, and still ensure they didn't meet during the group stage.

In 2000, Real Madrid finished outside a qualifying position in La Liga but entered the Champions League in the group stage as number one seeds.

Liverpool believe the same should apply to them, but if a compromise is reached and they enter the final qualifying round, they're not likely to launch an appeal.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:55 pm

So if we are in the 3rd qualifying round will we have to play the bitters and the mancs over 2 legs  ??? Cause I dont fancy our chances's against the mancs if I am honest.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion