LAZAR MARKOVIC- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:04 pm

redshade » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:07 pm wrote:I feel Marko has got a chance now with Klopp in. His the type of wide player we need.
Wonder if his loan will be cut short...hmm

Can it be cut short? Don't his club have an option to buy? Pretty sure they paid us for the loan too, which probably means he's there for the season.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:55 pm

7_Kewell » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:04 am wrote:
redshade » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:07 pm wrote:I feel Marko has got a chance now with Klopp in. His the type of wide player we need.
Wonder if his loan will be cut short...hmm

Can it be cut short? Don't his club have an option to buy? Pretty sure they paid us for the loan too, which probably means he's there for the season.

I'd love to see Markovic and Ilorri back here and given a chance under Jurgen, Manquillo was a good young player too.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:24 pm

Being widely reported this afternoon that we have the option to bring Lazar back in January if we wish to and that Klopp is a big admirer
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:47 pm

C-R » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:24 pm wrote:Being widely reported this afternoon that we have the option to bring Lazar back in January if we wish to and that Klopp is a big admirer

Great news if true. Thanks for that mate.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:06 pm

Markovic would be great in Klopps side so hopefully we can bring him back in jan

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:21 pm

From today's Liverpool Echo...

Liverpool FC boss Klopp considering whether to recall Markovic in January

Reds do have the option of bringing Serbian winger back during winter transfer window

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp will consider the merits of recalling winger Lazar Markovic from his loan spell at Fenerbahce in January.

It has emerged that the Reds do have the option of cutting short the Serbia international’s season-long stay in Turkey during the winter transfer window.

Klopp is an admirer of Markovic and must decide whether the 21-year-old attacker would be better served returning to Anfield for the second half of the campaign or continuing his development in Istanbul until next summer.

Markovic moved to Fenerbahce back in August after a disappointing first season at Liverpool following his £20million move from Benfica.

He struggled for confidence as he scored three goals in 23 starts in all competitions. However, his cause wasn’t helped by being played out of position at times by Brendan Rodgers.

Markovic has proved to be a big hit with the supporters in Turkey. Markovic played a vital role in their 2-1 win over Bursaspor last month before a back injury left him on the sidelines for three weeks.

He returned to action in their 1-0 victory at Kayserispor last weekend.

Fenerbahce, who are paying 100% wages of his wages this season, don’t have the option to buy Markovic.

Liverpool were always insistent that the switch to Turkey was simply to get him regular game-time and Klopp is likely to give Markovic the opportunity to belatedly kick-start his Reds career.

Link : http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... g-10298567
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:29 pm

That great news, I think all that Markovic needs is a coach that believes in him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:50 pm

Would hope they do bring him back. His better off here getting nurtured by JK rather than playing on loan.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby SkippyRed » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:14 am

I'd happily bring him back and play him wide right instead of Milner.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:56 am

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:57 am

uh oh, James Pearce.... Markovic's reps thinks #LFC can recall him in Jan, #LFC insist under the rules they can't. Looks like he's staying in Turkey for the season.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:54 pm

C-R » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:57 am wrote:uh oh, James Pearce.... Markovic's reps thinks #LFC can recall him in Jan, #LFC insist under the rules they can't. Looks like he's staying in Turkey for the season.

Link to source please CR

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby aCe' » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:18 pm

I think we're overrating Markovic a bit on this thread. He failed to impress when given the chance last season and while I'd agree that we could have set the stage a bit better for him (position he played, chance to string strarts, etc.) he really didnt look like a supremely talented player struggling for form (take the examples of Di Maria and Depay at Utd). He'll do better in Turkey and given his age he'll no doubt improve as a player. Whether he'll ever be good enough for a regular place in the starting 11 I have serious doubts.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:23 pm

woof woof ! » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:54 pm wrote:
C-R » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:57 am wrote:uh oh, James Pearce.... Markovic's reps thinks #LFC can recall him in Jan, #LFC insist under the rules they can't. Looks like he's staying in Turkey for the season.

Link to source please CR

His official Twitter account, if you have an account feel free to check yourself or if you prefer below is one i took a screen shot of for you

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:49 pm

aCe' » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:18 pm wrote:I think we're overrating Markovic a bit on this thread. He failed to impress when given the chance last season and while I'd agree that we could have set the stage a bit better for him (position he played, chance to string strarts, etc.) he really didnt look like a supremely talented player struggling for form (take the examples of Di Maria and Depay at Utd). He'll do better in Turkey and given his age he'll no doubt improve as a player. Whether he'll ever be good enough for a regular place in the starting 11 I have serious doubts.

You can't just throw 20 year old players into the team and expect them to be the finished article, you need to work on their games and develop them. Mind you being a TC signing didn't help Lazar either.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion