LAZAR MARKOVIC- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:55 pm

Fowler_E7 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:58 pm wrote:Even with all our injury problems Markovic would still barely get a game, who would he play ahead of? Couthino, Ibe, Lallana, Firmino, Milner? he isnt better than any of them and will go down as another criminal waste of money by Liverpool Football Club.

I think you are being harsh on the lad, before he arrived here he was being heralded as one of the brightest young prospects in Europe, despite playing in Serbia, Portugal, England and Turkey he is still only 21 and doesn't turn 22 till March.
Rodgers didn't want him and played him as a wing back and I wouldn't judge the lad by what happened last season, I'd like to see what he can do under a manager that tries to develop him and improve him not hang him out to dry.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:02 pm

Fowler_E7 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:58 pm wrote:Even with all our injury problems Markovic would still barely get a game, who would he play ahead of? Couthino, Ibe, Lallana, Firmino, Milner? he isnt better than any of them and will go down as another criminal waste of money by Liverpool Football Club.

Completely disagree  :kungfu:

The only "criminal" thing about this lad's signing is that whilst with us his talent was never given the proper opportunity to blossom.

As for "who would he play ahead of ?"   Subject to formation, I'd have no problem seeing the fella's name on the team sheet ahead Ibe , Milner or Firmino.

If all fit  a possible line up with Lazar in the side

.                                      Mignolet
. Clyne               Skrtel                    Sakho             Moreno

.                 Henderson                         Can

.    Markovic                    Coutinho                    Lallana   

.                                    Sturridge

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby aCe' » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:24 pm

I'd pick anyone ahead of Firmino atm. Assuming Ibe & Firmino maintain their current levels and he returns in the summer though, surely we can't rely on any of this trio being in our starting lineup for next season !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SkippyRed » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:17 pm

I rate Lazar a lot higher than Ibe, Milner and Lallana. We need wide players, and he is capable of playing right and left. Would be handy to have right about now.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:35 am

Great news concerning Markovic ,from the Turkish press this morning.

Markovic is enjoying his time in Istanbul but is not willing to give up on his time with Liverpool. However he is also said to be happy with potentially staying at the Turkish club for another season, but only on loan.

I think it would be extremely foolhardy of him to forsake the opportunity to play under Klopp.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:45 am

Get the impression Markovic really didn't enjoy his time in England and isn't keen on a return under any circumstances.

Maybe parting of ways will be for the best and just hope we protected ourselves from this type of thing in his contract.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:49 am

SkippyRed » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:17 pm wrote:I rate Lazar a lot higher than Ibe, Milner and Lallana. We need wide players, and he is capable of playing right and left. Would be handy to have right about now.

How can you say that? He was useless run with no purpose and no smarts. Showed nothing which warrents the price tag nor a place in the squad.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:04 pm

only me » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:49 am wrote:
SkippyRed » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:17 pm wrote:I rate Lazar a lot higher than Ibe, Milner and Lallana. We need wide players, and he is capable of playing right and left. Would be handy to have right about now.

How can you say that? He was useless run with no purpose and no smarts. Showed nothing which warrents the price tag nor a place in the squad.

Mate, he was no worse than the likes of Sterling or Lallana were at wing back so I don't know why you are jumping all over Markovic, practically every other player under performed last season, it wasn't just him.
At least he has got excuses as well, he was 21, in a new country and played out of position by a manager who preferred prem proven yeoman. Markovic's problem is that he came from Benfica and not Swansea or Southampton.
The lad doesnt even turn 22 until the end of this season so he is too young to write off, we knew we were buying potential and not the finished article when we signed him.
Why not criticise Lallana? he's 28 and has played in England all his life. At his age he won't get any better, Markovic on the other hand will improve.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:24 pm

At the age of 22 a good footballer needs to deliver; I haven't seen anything which impressed me with him. He played quite a lot of games and nothing captured the imagination.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:07 pm

only me » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:24 pm wrote:At the age of 22 a good footballer needs to deliver; I haven't seen anything which impressed me with him. He played quite a lot of games and nothing captured the imagination.

But that's what I'm saying mate, he's still only 21, we bought him when he was 20 played him out of position and expected miracles from him because he cost a few bob.
No way can we play a 20 year old out of position for a few months then write him off, that's ludicrous.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby SkippyRed » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:45 pm

only me » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:24 pm wrote:At the age of 22 a good footballer needs to deliver; I haven't seen anything which impressed me with him. He played quite a lot of games and nothing captured the imagination.

In his limited time playing out of position he still has more league goals than Jordan Ibe. Ibe gets gifted games every week in his favoured position and he runs with his head down and offers f*ck all.

Lallana is 28, and English international and an incredibly poor player who is now going to fade and not improve.

Lazar is playing well on his loan, and also playing well in the Europa league. I'd take him back over those 2 in a heart beat.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:51 am

Lazar's recent cup game ,the ball for Van Persie with the outside of his foot is just class !

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SkippyRed » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:44 pm

I still re-iterate, Markovic is better than Ibe and Lallana. Hopefully we cull them before writing off Lazar.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby only me » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:48 pm

SkippyRed » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:44 pm wrote:I still re-iterate, Markovic is better than Ibe and Lallana. Hopefully we cull them before writing off Lazar.

no he isn't. started load of games but never showed more then spurts of pace usually ending in a terrible pass or running into a wall.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:53 pm

Are you sure youre not talking about Lallana there?
:eyebrow
Thommo's perm

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion