Kewell set to return from "injury" - Was he injured or dropped ? ? ? ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:07 am

According to the official club website, Harry Kewell is available for this weekend's Premiership clash with West Brom after recovering from a calf injury. I did not realise the lad was injured, and I wonder when he got injured as I do not remember hearing about the injury. He came off right at the end of the Man City game, and I do not recall him looking like he was carrying any injury. 

Apparently our Australian star missed the 1-0 defeat at Bolton due to the calf problem, but has trained throughout this week and is in contention for a first team return against the Baggies at Anfield this weekend.

Kewell could replace Stephen Warnock in the Liverpool team after the youngster was drafted in as his replacement at the Reebok Stadium. I personally would leave young Stevo in, and let Kewell watch from the bench for at least the first half. This will give Warnock the boost he needs if he thinks he can keep Kewell out of the first team if he plays well enough. It also lets Harry know he is not guaranteed the start, and he must work for his place like everyone else.

I also understand Liverpool received a boost today when it was revealed Spanish midfielder Antonio Nunez has stepped up his comeback. You will remember the "Real Star" and I use the term lightly was unbeleivebly injured within his first minute's of training at the club,  but he's now well on the road to recovery and could figure for the reserves at Sunderland next week.

What do you think about H, would you play him from theatart or keep him on the bench?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:08 am

well he has supposedly had this niggling nakel injury, Warnock looked good against Bolton and I would give him a start, if he plays well keep him on.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:09 am

LFC #1 wrote:well he has supposedly had this niggling nakel injury, Warnock looked good against Bolton and I would give him a start, if he plays well keep him on.

I know how bad those nakel injurys can be as well.

:D
Last edited by Leonmc0708 on Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:11 am

yeh they are shcokers, bloody nakels. :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:12 am

****** my spelling is shocking, i meant shockers. :D
Last edited by LFC #1 on Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:14 am

kewell got injured in a training session but even tho id like warnock to start this will knock harrys confidence dont u think ???

we are going to get our 50th win

Liverpool v West Brom

BIG-MATCH FACTS

LIVERPOOL will be a hunting a 50th League victory over a winless West Bromwich Albion, when the pair lock horns at Anfield.

The Reds have been consistently inconsistent so far with one win, one draw and one defeat from their three Premiership outings, scoring and conceding on average a goal a game. They were shocked by a quick counter attack from Bolton last time out, and stumbled to a second 0-1 defeat in a week following the second leg loss to Graz AK in the Champions League Third Qualifying Round tie (won 2-1 on aggregate).

The Merseysiders did the 'double' over the Baggies with an aggregate 8-0 in their only previous Premiership meetings in the season before last. Michael Owen scored four times as Liverpool eased to a 6-0 victory at Anfield, having defeated the Midlanders 0-2 at the Hawthorns when goalkeeper Russell Hoult was sent off and Owen missed a penalty.

WEST BROMWICH ALBION go to Anfield in search of their first win of the season. Three points out of a possible 12 equals their start to 2002/03 - their only previous Premiership campaign. But they must win this match to keep pace with that performance of the season before last.

The Baggies have scored one goal in each of their four Premiership outings, but have failed to keep a clean sheet in any of the quartet. They have played 144 League games under Gary Megson and collected 216 points from a possible 432 - that's exactly 50%.

Albion have not won at Anfield in 17 League visits spanning 36 years. They've picked up just four points from those trips
  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Shanti » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:19 am

Kewell was Last season's Liverpool mids topscorer. Field him!
He played under par, but nobody can't play normally if his injured.
injured player not only hurted (physically) when playing but also worried if it will worsen (psychologically)
LOVE
SHANTI WULANSARI
Shanti

Postby who the hell is diarra » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:29 am

Kewell was an automatic choice under GH and perhaps became complacent as a result.  That has changed now with Rafa's arrival. I'm eager to see if he will respond to not bieng automatic 1st choice.
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:31 am

depends those nakels injuries can be real tricky  but if Harry is fully fit play him.
And have Steve Warnock warming up along the side from the kick off
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Shanti » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:34 am

laza wrote:depends those nakels injuries can be real tricky  but if Harry is fully fit play him.
And have Steve Warnock warming up along the side from the kick off

exactly, laza
LOVE
SHANTI WULANSARI
Shanti

Postby Scottbot » Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:01 pm

I would like to see Stevo given another run out ahead of Kewell. The lad looks like he has a sweet left foot and makes an effort to get to get behind the full-back. I was a pretty baffled when Rafa took him off at HT during the Bolton game. I expected Hamman to be sacrificed as Stevo had a decent 1st half.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:04 pm

i have a feeling that kewell will be on the bench tomorrow with warnock starting. what's for certain, is he won't play five in the midfield and one upfront. we should be wiping the floor with teams like west brom. :)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Redtribe » Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:41 pm

I would start with stevo
He played well and deserves another chance!
This could give him much deserved beleif and confidence!
It could also give HK a kik up the preverbial ******!
If this would damage his confidence then there is a real problem with his mentality and may not be the ideal player to be in the squad!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:31 pm

Gee it never rains it pours   

Jamie Carragher faces a fitness test at Melwood today to see if he can face West Brom at Anfield this weekend. 
The England defender picked up a foot injury while on international duty in midweek and was forced to sit out training yesterday.

A decision on whether he is available to face the Baggies or not will be made later this afternoon.
Djibril Cisse may also be forced to miss the match after being stranded in the Faroe Islands.

Cisse was one of several French players to miss the flight out of the Faroes because of foggy weather conditions after their 2-0 World Cup qualifying win on Wednesday night.

The French ace was expected back at Melwood yesterday for an afternoon training session but instead spent a further night in the Faroe Islands with seven of his international team-mates.

He finally left the Faroe Islands this morning and manager Rafael Benitez will now have to decide if he plays against West Brom despite not having trained at Melwood for the best part of two weeks.
:(
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 72-1090627431 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:56 pm

i wouldnt bother playing him anyway, he seems to have forgotten how to play, and he cant beat defenders.

i say get rid. warnock is better
72-1090627431

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion