Kewell injured again

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby neil » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:55 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:"bargain of the cantury".

ah ace..i think the phrase is"bargain of the cEntury"  :Oo:

got you back :buttrock
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:03 pm

Anyone with half a brain can see all Kewell wants is money!It takes a lot for a manager to talk about a player'feigning injury'.Harry and his wife wre the first to let the cameras into their house lately to showboat their lush lifestyle,not to mention the reciept of a large check for doing so!He also tried 2 sue Gary Lineker for yes again money!I agree with the guy above as soon as he's fit sell him!Sounds like Lionheart has a wee thing for him-how sweet!
66-1120597113

Postby The Ace1983 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:14 pm

neil wrote:
The Ace1983 wrote:"bargain of the cantury".

ah ace..i think the phrase is"bargain of the cEntury"  :Oo:

got you back :buttrock

:D  I take back all I ever said.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 65-1114725958 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:17 pm

Kewell's a bottler and need to be sold. He and Pongolle/ Le tallec, should be the next to be shown the door.

Kewell's wages of 3m per year over 5 years, is a massive burden on LFC, considering his performances, or lack of!

----------------------------------------------------------

Guess whos back, tell a freind!

:rasp  :rasp
65-1114725958

Postby The Ace1983 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:28 pm

Alfonso Alonso 1 wrote:Kewell's a bottler and need to be sold. He and Pongolle/ Le tallec, should be the next to be shown the door.

Kewell's wages of 3m per year over 5 years, is a massive burden on LFC, considering his performances, or lack of!

----------------------------------------------------------

Guess whos back, tell a freind!

:rasp  :rasp

I agree with you on all points except that I would give Le Tallec and Sinema a chance to prove themselves. At least they show potential. Also, if we get rid of those two, and what happened last season happens this season, we will be funked. But on the whole, i'd rather keep Baros and see those two go. Maybe Sinema could go on loan and get some first team action in France or Spain.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 65-1114725958 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:33 pm

Cushty

paying 7m for crouch means we have cash to splash, considering we till need a right winger and centre half
65-1114725958

Postby JC_81 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:34 pm

This whole Kewell debate is getting a bit old FFS.  I know its frustrating that he got injured again, but lets face it - are you surprised??  The guy is injury prone, simple as.  But its ridiculous to accuse him of feigning injury all the time, I personally don't think this is the case.

Owen was getting injured every couple of weeks in his last 2 seasons here, but no one accused him of feigning injury.  I'm not saying he was either (of course he wasn't), but why accuse Kewell and not Owen?  People who haven't got a clue are simply jumping on the bandwagon here about slagging off Kewell and its an absolute disgrace.

Anyone who has followed Kewell's career will know he is a player who thrives on confidence.  You can't be confident about yourself if you're always on the comeback from injury.  And if, and when, he does get fit, he still won't have a chance at LFC if the crowd are on his back to perform.

I fear that Kewell has had too many injuries to get back to his best, and I think he's headed down the jamie Redknapp/Darren Anderton route already.  It's sad to see.  But if he somehow does manage to get his fitness back I think he deserves the fans' support, perhaps needs it even.

Those that criticise his earnings, just remember that he cost very little in transfer fee given his playing standard at Leeds, thats why we could afford to pay him more in wages.  Teams abroad offered him more wages than we did, but he wanted to play for us, yet people still say he's greedy??  Fu.ck off, you have short memories.

Unlike those on the forum who enjoy sticking the boot into the guy when he's down, I genuinely feel sorry for him.  Despite the money he's on, it will have hurt him to not be able to contribute more to our success last season.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:55 pm

john craig wrote:This whole Kewell debate is getting a bit old FFS.  I know its frustrating that he got injured again, but lets face it - are you surprised??  The guy is injury prone, simple as.  But its ridiculous to accuse him of feigning injury all the time, I personally don't think this is the case.

Owen was getting injured every couple of weeks in his last 2 seasons here, but no one accused him of feigning injury.  I'm not saying he was either (of course he wasn't), but why accuse Kewell and not Owen?  People who haven't got a clue are simply jumping on the bandwagon here about slagging off Kewell and its an absolute disgrace.

Anyone who has followed Kewell's career will know he is a player who thrives on confidence.  You can't be confident about yourself if you're always on the comeback from injury.  And if, and when, he does get fit, he still won't have a chance at LFC if the crowd are on his back to perform.

I fear that Kewell has had too many injuries to get back to his best, and I think he's headed down the jamie Redknapp/Darren Anderton route already.  It's sad to see.  But if he somehow does manage to get his fitness back I think he deserves the fans' support, perhaps needs it even.

Those that criticise his earnings, just remember that he cost very little in transfer fee given his playing standard at Leeds, thats why we could afford to pay him more in wages.  Teams abroad offered him more wages than we did, but he wanted to play for us, yet people still say he's greedy??  Fu.ck off, you have short memories.

Unlike those on the forum who enjoy sticking the boot into the guy when he's down, I genuinely feel sorry for him.  Despite the money he's on, it will have hurt him to not be able to contribute more to our success last season.

Ok, I agree, this whole thing about Kewell has gone on for too long, and this will therefore be my final contribution on this matter.

Owen still scored goals and it was on his back that we qualified for the CL last time round. Wasn't Sami Hyypia our second highest goalscorer that season? Kewell promised so much, injuries or no, and he has always failed to deliver which is why I thank god we now have Bolo Zenden.

You said it yourself, he thrives on confidence, you don't get confident when you're injured, and he's always injured. He is never going to have that confidence again. Even if he does make a full recovery from his vast catalogue of ailments, I still don't believe we will ever see the amazing form he showed for Leeds that made him such a "steal" at £5m.

When (or rather if) he starts for us again, we will get behind him, but all that I can see is further dissapointment and a lousy attitude. At the end of this year, if he stays and if all of the figures I've heard are true then he will have cost this club £14m in his transfer and wages alone, plus their are the added costs of his agent, his treatment and whatever else. And what have we seen for that? What has he given back to the club that has stuck by him? sweet fa.

That's my opinion, and it may be a lousy one, and you can all rip into it as much as you like but it's not going to change unless Harry Kewell does something about it. I've given some of the worst of Houllier's signings the benefit of the doubt and I will still defend Diao, Biscan, Le Tallec and even Diouf (but not much) because they tried. They were in over thier heads, but they tried. Kewell was not in over his head and when he has been fit, he has not tried. But like I've said, I hope that this is "His Season" and I hope he can score ten goals and win European player of the Year and shine like he once did for Leeds, but excuse me if I don't think he will. Prove me wrong Harry, prove me wrong.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:32 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:
john craig wrote:This whole Kewell debate is getting a bit old FFS.  I know its frustrating that he got injured again, but lets face it - are you surprised??  The guy is injury prone, simple as.  But its ridiculous to accuse him of feigning injury all the time, I personally don't think this is the case.

Ok, I agree, this whole thing about Kewell has gone on for too long, and this will therefore be my final contribution on this matter.

Owen still scored goals and it was on his back that we qualified for the CL last time round. Wasn't Sami Hyypia our second highest goalscorer that season? Kewell promised so much, injuries or no, and he has always failed to deliver which is why I thank god we now have Bolo Zenden.

You said it yourself, he thrives on confidence, you don't get confident when you're injured, and he's always injured. He is never going to have that confidence again. Even if he does make a full recovery from his vast catalogue of ailments, I still don't believe we will ever see the amazing form he showed for Leeds that made him such a "steal" at £5m.

When (or rather if) he starts for us again, we will get behind him, but all that I can see is further dissapointment and a lousy attitude. At the end of this year, if he stays and if all of the figures I've heard are true then he will have cost this club £14m in his transfer and wages alone, plus their are the added costs of his agent, his treatment and whatever else. And what have we seen for that? What has he given back to the club that has stuck by him? sweet fa.

That's my opinion, and it may be a lousy one, and you can all rip into it as much as you like but it's not going to change unless Harry Kewell does something about it. I've given some of the worst of Houllier's signings the benefit of the doubt and I will still defend Diao, Biscan, Le Tallec and even Diouf (but not much) because they tried. They were in over thier heads, but they tried. Kewell was not in over his head and when he has been fit, he has not tried. But like I've said, I hope that this is "His Season" and I hope he can score ten goals and win European player of the Year and shine like he once did for Leeds, but excuse me if I don't think he will. Prove me wrong Harry, prove me wrong.

Two QUALITY posts (thank god!!).

I agree with a lot you both say, but just wanted to add that people seem to be saying that he was s.hit in his first season with us.........but people (for one reason or another) seem to have forgot that he scored 12 goals that season (correct me if i am wrong!) and this lets not forget was mainly from playing out wide.

Now I am not saying that he did excellent in that first season, but 12 goals from a wide man is decent in anyones book, and he had injuries that season too.
Neither Robben/Duff managed that many in a title winning side (ok both had injuries, but had enough games each to hit double figures!).

So if he can score 12 whilst having injuries and not even playing that well, then what can he do when FULLY fit?

Thats what we all want to know, and we should just worry about thinking about that to be honest.
It is pointless complaining as it wont make him recover any quicker will it?

Look, if he does declare himself FULLY fit in the coming months, THEN, does not play well having had plenty of games to get back fitness/sharpness, THEN we will have a REAL reason to want him out either in January or next summer.

As i say no point complaining, as it helps nobody, especially not Kewell and not our blood presure either.

so lets just wait and see how he does IF and when he EVER recovers back to full fitness!!

Let me just add, I am NOT a Kewell lover, and was so angry to see him play in both cup finals, as he didnt help the TEAM to reach either final - but think about it like this - and this is mainly for those that always say 'In Rafa I/we trust' (which is beginning to p.iss me off if I am honest!!) - If Rafa felt he was good enough to play in TWO cup finals, having JUST returned from injury, he MUST really rate what he can bring to the team, whether it be out wide or in behind a striker/s.

YNWA
76-1115222408

Postby neil » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:57 pm

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:'In Rafa I/we trust' (which is beginning to p.iss me off if I am honest!!)

Hashish is both the cause of and solution to ALL of my problems!

this concerns me ???

Ok... Harry Kewell,this guy on his day is magic,he WILL come good,it does happen,look at Jamie Carragher.Rafa plays him in the BIG games because he knows class when he see's it.I wonder if he was the boss at Valencia when they played Leeds,I am not sure, however what I do know is that Chelsea & Man U were both prepared to offer a higher wage and he refused to go anywhere but Liverpool.Now this does not excuse poor form or lack of effort but it shows his heart is in the right place,this is a good start.
I was delighted when he signed and I suspect most of you were too,this may have some bearing on certain peoples current feelings.
lack of effort=injuries
poor form=confidence
heart=dynamite
he'll turn out to be Paul f.uckin Daniels
:buttrock
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:05 am

neil wrote:
LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:'In Rafa I/we trust' (which is beginning to p.iss me off if I am honest!!)

YOUR POINT IS WHAT YOU F.UCKING P.RICK........Either explain yourself and at least make a f.ucking point or dont f.ucking bother !!! You wouldnt be doing this >>  ???  if you were in my face, I love the way people try and get cocky for no reason because they are behind a computer screen. YES thats right BEHIND the computer screen, you are such a f.ucking p.ussy that you type something then hide BEHIND the computer as opposed to in front of it to back up what you said...VERY SAD!!!
I wonder how long people would be getting rude (for no reason i may add) if their address and photo was available to all??  I know full well i would be happy to post mine and stand by what i type......Would you, you little fool??   You qoute 2 seperate things (and comment on neither!!) and one of these is just one part of my sig and not even in the f.ucking post...........AS I SAID MAKE YER POINT (which will be countered swiftly!) AND STAND BY IT OR DONT F.UCKING BOTHER.

Dont worry a post will soon be up about the 'In rafa we trust' thing.
Last edited by 76-1115222408 on Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
76-1115222408

Postby 76-1115222408 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:07 am

Furthermore, you had the oppurtunity to both read and go on to succeed three decent (IMVHO) posts, but you chose to be cocky and then proceeded to fail miserably in an attempt at a 'decent' post.  PR.ICK  :laugh:
76-1115222408

Postby babu » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:33 am

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:
neil wrote:

YOUR POINT IS WHAT YOU F.UCKING P.RICK........Either explain yourself and at least make a f.ucking point or dont f.ucking bother !!! You wouldnt be doing this >>  ???  if you were in my face, I love the way people try and get cocky for no reason because they are behind a computer screen. YES thats right BEHIND the computer screen, you are such a f.ucking p.ussy that you type something then hide BEHIND the computer as opposed to in front of it to back up what you said...VERY SAD!!!
I wonder how long people would be getting rude (for no reason i may add) if their address and photo was available to all??  I know full well i would be happy to post mine and stand by what i type......Would you, you little fool??   You qoute 2 seperate things (and comment on neither!!) and one of these is just one part of my sig and not even in the f.ucking post...........AS I SAID MAKE YER POINT (which will be countered swiftly!) AND STAND BY IT OR DONT F.UCKING BOTHER.

you are funny Liverpoolanytime. You have done this twice that i know about.

anyone criticises you in anyway, you over-react in a big-time. personally think its quite funny. why are you so high-strung?

Listen, you have an illicit substance as your avatar and a quote about it. If you are prepared to have it there, then be prepared to get comments about it. If you cannot take the comments/criticisms/opinions regarding it, then change your avatar.
or
you really need to get a thicker skin, IMO.

Tried not to be too be harsh Liverpoolanytime, but i was amazed last time when you went from nice to bizzarely angry for no apparent reason.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:14 am

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:
neil wrote:

chill out man!!
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:22 am

Wow !These guys are fiesty aint they?Passion for the club is understandable!But as for hatred towards eachother and bitterness,a bit sad really! Chill out lads!
66-1120597113

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion