Should harry kewell be dropped? - Give warnock a chance

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:29 pm

???
115-1073096938

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:37 pm

Henchoz has lost it, he's been average for 2 yrs and looked poor last night.  we need to bring in a new defender and an English one would be good
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:09 pm

Henchoz did look below average.

I think i would prefer see Kewell start instead of Warnock, however Garcia looks a real treat.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:22 pm

???
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby XSD » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:29 pm

stmichael wrote:
The Ace1983 wrote:The question is: Warnock or Garcia?

i had garcia earmarked down to play on the right on sunday. i know he can play on either flank but if he plays on the left that means we have to persist with finnan on the right which is not ideal. he's not a right winger. add this to the fact that josemi was injured last night and finnan may find himself at right back on sunday.  ???

I agree.
For the moment keep Kewell on the left, Garcia on the right. When Nunez recovers from injury that will give us more options. Warnock hasn't really jumped out yet so he will have to continue to try and prove he is worth a starting place.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sgs » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:03 am

One word:
YES!
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby weezy » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:07 am

stick with kewell just now when we get nunez back we can choose the best two or een rotate the wingers
weezy

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:03 am

Look at it this way - Kewell had a sub-par second half of last season. Warnock was outstanding out on loan for Coventry. Admittedly they weren't up against class opposition every week, but performing consistently well in a struggling side is the mark of a quality player, as we know from Gerrard's performances last term.

What exactly does a player have to do to force his way into the Liverpool first team these days? Was Ostemebor's reserve team form not worth more run outs in place of Finnan last year? Similarly, why does a player in form like Warnock find himself unable to get a starting place ahead of a clearly unfit and unmotivated player like Kewell? I hope that his team selection against Graz was an indication that Benitez is going to be more willing to blood reserve and academy talent than Houllier was, but if Kewell keeps his place and doesn't sort himself out in the next month or so, these questions are going to be more and more pertinent.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Dalglish » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:33 am

It's an age old problem , just when do you drop a class player like Kewell ...... it's plain to see he isn't playing anywhere near his own high standards but for now i'd keep him in.

To drop him from the starting line up may do more harm than good. Start with him Sunday and if he has no impact after an hour then we can always bring Warnock on.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby desperado0831 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:59 am

dun drop kewell to bench cos he's one of the brightest left winger....we suppose to have a support with him but not the critism against him.

warnock may considering replace kewell but not right this term. harry did some good job before and he should bring more suprise although sometimes he may not but all i have to say is harry is still the best for me now and forever.

Give him some space to breathe... :;):
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:02 am

I think Benitez should do the exact opposite - start with Warnock and consider bringing Harry on after an hour if he's not performing. Kewell's had a very long unchallenged run in the first 11, and frankly he's done nothing to justify getting the automatic nod. There is not a single club in the Premiership that wouldn't drop a player after an awful run of form like he's experienced.

Warnock didn't really add anything when he came on against Graz - to be honest few did - but what he did have was confidence, which is something this team needs at the moment. Kewell needs to get himself fit, get his confidence back and sort his attitude out, and then I'll have no qualms about him reclaiming this position. To be honest, we may as have 10 men on the park for all the good he's been doing lately.
ivor_the_injun

Postby laza » Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:04 am

Keep Kewell on and see how he performs with the new midfield though again you really going to need to give a couple of games to see how they gel
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:11 am

There is not a single club in the Premiership that wouldn't drop a player after an awful run of form like he's experienced

Not if Gerard Houllier start to manage a team in the Premiership again :D
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby charwell » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:09 am

The problem with Kewell is not just his dismal performances but his equally dismal attitude. The man just doesn' want to know. What sort of challenge was that when Graz scored? Lazy wasn't the word. If he was putting in the effort fair enough but I see no effort, no discipline and no sign of his ability being transferred to the pitch. I would leave him out the frame for a bit, then give him a run and a warning that if his pitiful efort continues then he can start his career elsewhere.
charwell

Postby RedorDead » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:50 am

I admit Harry has not set the world alight in a Red shirt yet but I think we shoud continue with him. He is a great player who's confidence has been knocked. there was talk of his career being over end of last year through injury and we are only at the beginning of this season and I expect him to come alive soon. He has already shown some of that attacking drive this season and played well against Man City. He gives us so many options and is a potent offensive weapon, Warnock ain't at that level yet.
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion