Kewell injured....again

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby roey316 » Sat May 21, 2005 10:11 am

He'll play in the champions league final though, which is a bit annoying. Seems he only turns up when theres a big game to play!
YNWA. Justice for the 96.
roey316

Postby lawrenson_sarah » Sat May 21, 2005 10:35 am

Hes not Liverpool standard i dont think
Every so often when he plays he has a good game but hes too inconsistant

so yer.... annoyin lol
www.myspace.com/lawrenson_sarah

www.sarahlawrenson.piczo.com

He's scouse, he's sound. He'll T-w-a-t you with a pound Carragher - Carragher
lawrenson_sarah
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Sat May 21, 2005 11:26 am

i don't understand why everyone is so keen to ignore the fact that kewell has been suffering from a long and complex series of injuries that have been hard to fix. isn't anyone happy that he's obviously on the mend already? and that the summer should see him getting sorted out properly with the surgery he needs? does anyone REALLY believe that a professional footballer would choose to stay injured and go on holiday instead? or that the club medics, his agents, the club etc etc have really had no say in what has been going on with him?

seems like everyone is far happier to join the slagging off harry brigade. i don't see kirkland getting so much venom for being injured all the time. and people with short term memories saying he's not liverpool standard makes me wonder if they were only born last week.

the question is simple really... would you prefer a fit harry kewell playing for us whenever possible or against us?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lawrenson_sarah » Sat May 21, 2005 11:33 am

Before he had injuries he wasnt that good though...

so whats the excuse for that?

lawrenson_sarah
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Sat May 21, 2005 11:36 am

no, you're absolutely right of course. kewell has always been unable to kick a ball. total rubbish. thanks for putting me in my place, young girl.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat May 21, 2005 11:36 am

lawrenson_sarah wrote:Before he had injuries he wasnt that good though...

???  :O  you are probably to young to remember Harry kewell at leeds I imagine he was probably the best winger in europe at the time  :down:
And i agree with Andy i would prefer a fit harry Kewell playing for us rather than a fit harry Kewell against us, give him to the January transfer window if he doesnt improve then after the op, then we will have to sell.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby muttleyp » Sat May 21, 2005 11:57 am

Rafa knows how to get the best out of players and once he's fully fit we should get the Kewell of old. I think if he's still here next season then he should be given a chance to prove his worth.
muttleyp

Postby wee_boi888 » Sat May 21, 2005 12:03 pm

Harry was totally World Class when at Leeds. And that wasnt too long ago either. And what about the first half of last season? was it 7 goals in the first half or something? How can you say he was :censored: before the injuries?

Sure its annoying for us and for him, and i have given him slack for it. But the majority of us know on form he is capable of great things
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lawrenson_sarah » Sat May 21, 2005 12:04 pm

andy_g wrote:no, you're absolutely right of course. kewell has always been unable to kick a ball. total rubbish. thanks for putting me in my place, young girl.

lol  :lookaround

lawrenson_sarah
LFC Super Member

Postby lawrenson_sarah » Sat May 21, 2005 12:05 pm

wee_boi888 wrote:

Harry was totally World Class when at Leeds. And that wasnt too long ago either. And what about the first half of last season? was it 7 goals in the first half or something? How can you say he was :censored: before the injuries?

Sure its annoying for us and for him, and i have given him slack for it. But the majority of us know on form he is capable of great things

Well ok then....

When hes on form..he may be good yea..

Why hasnt he been on form since he came to Liverpool, cuz thats what matters

lawrenson_sarah
LFC Super Member

Postby wee_boi888 » Sat May 21, 2005 12:07 pm

He was on form before the injuries! thats what the first half of last season was like!
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lawrenson_sarah » Sat May 21, 2005 12:11 pm

Oki then

:)

lawrenson_sarah
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat May 21, 2005 1:10 pm

you are probably to young to remember Harry kewell at leeds I imagine he was probably the best winger in europe at the time   
And i agree with Andy i would prefer a fit harry Kewell playing for us rather than a fit harry Kewell against us, give him to the January transfer window if he doesnt improve then after the op, then we will have to sell.

I agree....and i think Rafa is going to give Harry one last chance next season to prove himself....as for the slagging off he's getting, i think it's unfair.  Harry is giving up an international comp to sort out his injury.  He could have just given up and had the op in March in order to be fit for the confed cup, but he hasn't.  He has got 89-90% fit in order to help Liverpool WIN the European cup and i for one think he will be a dangerous player for the final.  Milan are vulnerable to wingers, PSV showed that, and Kewell could be just the key to unlock Milan.  Their full backs are ancient and, as we saw against Chelsea, Kewell has got bags of pace and shouldn't have too much trouble against a 38 year old.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RifleRusher » Sat May 21, 2005 4:33 pm

just get rid of kewell...get someone else better like vicente
RifleRusher

Postby A.B. » Sat May 21, 2005 4:40 pm

I agree....and i think Rafa is going to give Harry one last chance next season to prove himself....as for the slagging off he's getting, i think it's unfair.  Harry is giving up an international comp to sort out his injury.  He could have just given up and had the op in March in order to be fit for the confed cup, but he hasn't.  He has got 89-90% fit in order to help Liverpool WIN the European cup and i for one think he will be a dangerous player for the final.  Milan are vulnerable to wingers, PSV showed that, and Kewell could be just the key to unlock Milan.  Their full backs are ancient and, as we saw against Chelsea, Kewell has got bags of pace and shouldn't have too much trouble against a 38 year old.

Interesting how he's all of a sudden prepared to play in the final where as when he was asked to travel to Leverkusen he refused.

For most of our players this is the biggest game of their lives, and Kewell is just trying to get some of the action when he doesn't deserve any imo.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion