JORDAN HENDERSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:38 pm

Absolute nightmare!! Hopefully Can steps up his game and takes charge of that midfield. Last thing Brendan needs with his job hanging by a thread... hopefully we can get Sturridge back playing asap.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:38 pm

Unfortunate for the lad  :(  On the plus side though at least they now know why he is injured and hopefully while the bone heals his other injury will be taken care of.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:03 pm

Henderson's return to action after injury wasn't heralded as much as certain players ,but against Leicester I thought he handled Kante as efficiently as I've seen any player quell his threat all season ,add to the equation he swung in some wonderfully whipped crosses ,and hit a few 50 yard cross field balls.

I think the lad is slowly crawling his way  back to the kind of form that made his injury in our joust for the title arguably the biggest loss we suffered ,I honestly think over the coming months we will see his importance to the overall energy of this team really come to the surface ...A fully fit Henderson supporting an attack that could soon see Sturridge linking with Coutinho and Firmino is a massive plus to Klopp
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:57 pm

Didn't look too good for Hendo when he had to come off, the way he was stamping his heel on the ground when he was talking to our physio suggests it might have been that foot injury of his flaring up again. Jurgen's little shake of the head on the sidelines said it all really, he must be getting pi$$ed off big time with all these injuries.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:21 pm

:down:
Thommo's perm

Postby Binomial » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:15 pm

not good enough for lfc, let alone captain material.

he's a squad player as is 90% of this team
Binomial
LFC Basic Member

Postby redshade » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:40 pm

I wonder if JK will keep him as captain once he gets his own players.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:02 pm

After the altercation between Lucas and the wannabe globetrotter , Henderson was nowhere to be seen as Rooney was jostling the referee for a decision.
Captains usually show up for these kind of incidents and subsequently make their voice heard. This for me underlined just how timid and unassuming Henderson actually is !  Lucas on the other hand defined the spirit we needed today ,give me a Captain whose willing to throw his nuts on the line in the challenge and one who isn't afraid to clash heads with a player whose massive swede blocks out the sun.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:03 pm

Amusing thing is we have inflated his ego to such an extent with the captaincy he looks geniunley dissapointed when stuff hes not capable of goes wrong so he repeats it over and over.

He was a bad buy from day one but you can get a long way at Liverpool just by being really nice, the good guy with limited ability, just ask Lucas Leiva and Mignolet with his 5 year top lad deal on the table.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby SkippyRed » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:30 pm

Jordan is good enough to play for us, but they made a massive mistake making him captain. Should have been Sakho.

Not sure his injury is good enough to have him playing twice in a week either.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:32 am

I'm still a big fan of Henderson, he shows the passion we need at the moment and we miss him when he's out. Milner, Can, Benteke, Moreno, Clyne these are players that heads drop as soon as things start going bad.. they lack the winning mentality. Maybe given Hendo the captaincy wasn't Bodgers best idea, but what I do see in Hendo is a winner.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:26 pm

Sounds as though he bottled taking a pen today
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:03 am

Doeboy » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:26 pm wrote:Sounds as though he bottled taking a pen today

Pity there was no Mario around this time, for all his faults the big fella would have been the first to volunteer, he wouldn't have missed either.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:41 am

Whether he bottled taking a pen or Klopp didn't ask him we don't know.

But the fact that fans would suggest that our captain would bottle taking a pen and nobody has strongly disagreed says it all about the leadership of this team and the confidence we as fans have in it.

Milner has been our normal pen taker and scored a few days ago v Augsborg. Why wasn't he on first one? Where was Sturridge?

We have bigger problems than Henderson not taking a penalty. Absolutely not enough bottle in this team. Once it went to pens I knew we'd lose for this reason.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:59 am

JC_81 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:41 am wrote:Milner has been our normal pen taker and scored a few days ago v Augsborg. Why wasn't he on first one? Where was Sturridge?

I assume Milner was deliberately left last, as you want your best pen taker taking the one with the most pressure. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Gerrard not take a pen at Istanbul for the same reason?

And I assume that Sturridge's legs were gone, and he wasn't picked for that reason. The players we picked would've scored any other game I'm sure - today just wasn't our day.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion