JOE COLE - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:49 pm

Scottbot wrote:Got my fingers crossed this one comes off. Yes his injury record the past couple of seasons is a worry but the lad is only 28 so he's got a few good years left in him. Could be a VERY important signing for the club and not just because of his undoubted ability. Evidently the club can't afford to go out and sign a marquee player with the finances the way they are so this is the next best thing, and I've no doubt it would go a long way to persuading Stevie and Fernando that their futures are with LFC. in terms of where he'd play, he has talked about CM and I actually really liked him in this spot in his final season at West Ham, I seem to remember he captained the side that season as well. I suspect he'd play all over the place. I could see him playing off of Torres, on the right, left and in the middle. Very clever player, tricksy and unpredictable at times. We don't have many like that in the squad. I would question Aquilani's long-term future if this comes off though.

Well apparently he has gone out to Switzerland to have a nedical and join up with the squad Scott
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:01 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
Scottbot wrote:Got my fingers crossed this one comes off. Yes his injury record the past couple of seasons is a worry but the lad is only 28 so he's got a few good years left in him. Could be a VERY important signing for the club and not just because of his undoubted ability. Evidently the club can't afford to go out and sign a marquee player with the finances the way they are so this is the next best thing, and I've no doubt it would go a long way to persuading Stevie and Fernando that their futures are with LFC. in terms of where he'd play, he has talked about CM and I actually really liked him in this spot in his final season at West Ham, I seem to remember he captained the side that season as well. I suspect he'd play all over the place. I could see him playing off of Torres, on the right, left and in the middle. Very clever player, tricksy and unpredictable at times. We don't have many like that in the squad. I would question Aquilani's long-term future if this comes off though.

Well apparently he has gone out to Switzerland to have a nedical and join up with the squad Scott

Really? Great news if that's the case, the media don't seem to have got wind of that yet mind. I wasn't expecting us to sign a single player that would get me excited this off-season so this will be a real bonus if it comes off. I think the message it sends to Gerrard, Torres and Masch is almost as important as getting player of Cole's quality.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:02 pm

NANNY RED wrote:

where did you hear that nan ?
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:03 pm

http://twitter.com/rbuxton_LFC
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:06 pm

NANNY RED wrote:http://twitter.com/rbuxton_LFC

who is richard buxton ?
Ben Patrick

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:08 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:

who is richard buxton ?

Hes actualy a good lad Ben , clickliverpool, hes been spot on loads of times , Apparently the mail are reporting it now an all ???
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:11 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:

who is richard buxton ?

Hes actualy a good lad Ben , clickliverpool, hes been spot on loads of times , Apparently the mail are reporting it now an all ???

Well i hope this is right nan. I posted on here that we seen Joe in majorca airport last week and the lads asked him if he was signing. He just smiled and said maybe.
Ben Patrick

Postby bigmick » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:29 pm

If we do sign him, can i ask the matchgoers one favour. Can we invent a new song for him. If I've heard "Ee's ere, Ee's there, Ee's every fackin where, Joey Cowl, Joey Cowl" once I've heard it a thousand times.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:29 pm

Decent signing as far as im concernrd , said i would like him here ages and ages ago ,
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:32 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:

who is richard buxton ?

Liverpool FC correspondent for Click Liverpool
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:33 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Decent signing as far as im concernrd , said i would like him here ages and ages ago ,

Would be a big player for us imo. As long as he stays fit.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:36 pm

An before anyone askes why would he go to Switzerland , All our medical staff are out there with the team dont forget , getting them all ready , with them heart thingys and what ever ,
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:38 pm

NANNY RED wrote:An before anyone askes why would he go to Switzerland , All our medical staff are out there with the team dont forget , getting them all ready , with them heart thingys and what ever ,

like i said nan hope this is true
Ben Patrick

Postby tubby » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:43 pm

I was actually quite disspointed with losing Yossi but all things considered id consider Cole to be a better player than Yossi.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:45 pm

bavlondon wrote:I was actually quite disspointed with losing Yossi but all things considered id consider Cole to be a better player than Yossi.

if this turns out alright Bav ,Them Chelsea fans are gonna be gutted ,they get Yossi and we get Cole :laugh:  :laugh:
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion