JOE COLE - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:40 am

Roy last night on Joe Cole, as i said in another thread  reminds me of something . trackie on Roy :;):

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,16426_6268039,00.html
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:41 am

Igor Zidane wrote:Your right Mick about Purslow knowing how much we have to spend , but he does not know which players to buy or sell . Surley that should be down to ROY .

Absolutely mate, but I don't agree with your premise that Roy wanted to keep Insua. I think 5 mill for the kid was absolutely top dollar, and provided the manager is given some of the cash (I know) then I think we'd have been mad to turn it down. I think exactly the same about 5 mill for Benayoun, crazy money.

I think the likely scenario is that Roy wants Figeroa (who is really good mate IMHO) and Purslow has said "yeah we can have him but how about we move the kid on first". Roy's thought about it and probably doesn't fancy the Argie anyway, and says lets do it.

I just don't buy this idea that Purslow is deciding our transfer targets and player sales. He is acting alongside Hodgson for sure, but in our situation there is no choice.

Also, given our previous shenanighans where ALLEGEDLY we signed a player then went to sign another only to discover we had no money left to do so, it makes sense to me for there to be a bit more co-ordinaton about the whole thing.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Liverpool442 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:43 am

bigmick wrote:If it does happen, it'll be a big boost for the squad. It'll also demonstrate to many of our fans who have severe doubts, that Roy Hodgson isn't a barrier to us signing good players. If we played Cole in the hole in behind Torres and moved Gerrard back into midfield, he might just be the missing link for us.

I have been one of those fans but totally agree with this post it will demonstrate he is not a barrier to good signings and I would love to see Gerrard back in centre mid andsomeone like Cole behind Torres, if he set up like this and signed a wide player we would actually look very strong.
Liverpool442

Postby bigmick » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:43 am

Igor Zidane wrote:Quote from ROY yesterday Mick , regarding transfers.

"If you want to know about transfer targets, and how things are progressing, you'll have to ask (managing director) Christian Purslow because he's the man looking after those discussions, not me."

Deffo a swipe and deffo worrying , don't you think MICK.

Worrying yes, surprising no, explainable probably.

Roy has talked to a few players, and as I say it's now down to the money men to make it happen. He's no doubt frustrated that it hasn't happened yet, and I do agree there is a swipe in there (and good on Roy for saying t, no yes man here and there never was either).

If the press ask him "so what's the score on Joe Cole, any progress" then he is entitled to say "don't ask me ask Purslow". Fair play to the fella.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:48 am

Would be the best signing we could hope for in the current circumstances...
With guaranteed first team football and wages comparable to those offered by the likes of Arsenal and Tottenham then I think we have a good chance of getting him... With him, Gerrard, Torres and Aquilani I'd say we had enough to match the top sides in the country in terms of quality higher up the pitch... Might give us the room we need to invest in better defenders and perhaps midfielders..   
His fitness is an issue but then again with him being a free transfer I'd say it is risk worth taking..
Get him signed up and look to offload one of Babel/Kuyt for good money and we'll have enough in terms of wingers/attacking midfielders//

Cole - Gerrard- Aquilani - Maxi - Riera - Jovanovic - (Kuyt) - (Babel)
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:53 am

Is it not making anyone worry that a man who was brought in just to find investment and help sell the club is now the mr billy big bollo.x in charge of who is sold and who is bought , Im absolutly terrified of what he is doing here , nevermind what is he still doing here as he failed in what he was supposed to do in the first place,
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:04 pm

Its the same post in every thread now... enough already !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:41 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Is it not making anyone worry that a man who was brought in just to find investment and help sell the club is now the mr billy big bollo.x in charge of who is sold and who is bought , Im absolutly terrified of what he is doing here , nevermind what is he still doing here as he failed in what he was supposed to do in the first place,

He's a grade A cunt Girl and sooner rather than later the significantly myopic will see this ... Lets just console ourselves that this is just a forum San...... and in the real world S.O.S and us fans have completely got his card marked
Its sad just how many people have failed to view  J Mc's speech at St Georges Hall Girl in the 4th of July Thread... and still feel their qualified to proffer judgement but then this is the kind of ignorance we our fighting against
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:44 pm

This is the kind of signing that would help to keep our best players at the club. It would be nice to think that Gerrard or Johnson have had a word with him in private about what we can do if he joins. It might just swing it for him. He won't get the chance to play with world class players at Spurs, admittedly he would at Arsenal but they're no less a bunch of pansies than they were four years ago.
LFC2007

Postby tubby » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:27 pm

He would be a good signing, hopefully one that could help convince Gerrard and Torres to stay. But his injury record is a concern, especially as his wages are probably going to be a lot.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:27 pm

Good player, for free I would take him any day.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:36 pm

Effectively a straight swap: Benayoun for Cole?  In a heartbeat. :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:57 pm

I'm worried about his injury record - cole before his last injury i would of taken in a heartbeat but since he came back he has looked a shadow of his former self - 100 plus grand for his wages with a chance he could get injured again . Think would still take him but I'm wondering why he would come to us when he has turned down the mancs already ? Still think he will end up at spurs
Benny The Noon

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:36 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:I'm worried about his injury record - cole before his last injury i would of taken in a heartbeat but since he came back he has looked a shadow of his former self - 100 plus grand for his wages with a chance he could get injured again . Think would still take him but I'm wondering why he would come to us when he has turned down the mancs already ? Still think he will end up at spurs

i do like Cole Benny but i must say ive have thought about them injuries and all , i was chatting with my son before about him and  said i wouldnt mind him here , yeh we know hes a bitter but even he said , there has got to be a few misgivings somewhere of why Chelsea never offerd him a new contract. they know how serious his injury was . them physios worked with him every day, he played a few games when he came back surely they must of knew he wasnt gonna be the same player hense the no new contract he said to me it was not alll about a wage rise, thats my only worry , if he does end up here surely he would have to take a pay cut
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:34 pm

Got my fingers crossed this one comes off. Yes his injury record the past couple of seasons is a worry but the lad is only 28 so he's got a few good years left in him. Could be a VERY important signing for the club and not just because of his undoubted ability. Evidently the club can't afford to go out and sign a marquee player with the finances the way they are so this is the next best thing, and I've no doubt it would go a long way to persuading Stevie and Fernando that their futures are with LFC. in terms of where he'd play, he has talked about CM and I actually really liked him in this spot in his final season at West Ham, I seem to remember he captained the side that season as well. I suspect he'd play all over the place. I could see him playing off of Torres, on the right, left and in the middle. Very clever player, tricksy and unpredictable at times. We don't have many like that in the squad. I would question Aquilani's long-term future if this comes off though.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion