JOE COLE - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:52 pm

I couldn't disagree more with this page worth of comments. He struggled as a creative player under the negative tactics of Hodgson, Kenny opted for spending instead. I was happy to sign Cole when he arrived and am still happy to see him get a chance here. There is no reason to slate him like some have on here. He seems like he wants to make an effort and be a success here.

It's obvious to me that some fans will never like him because he is from London. Pathetic really when a birthplace supersedes everything else.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Raven » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:56 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:52 pm wrote:I couldn't disagree more with this page worth of comments. He struggled as a creative player under the negative tactics of Hodgson, Kenny opted for spending instead. I was happy to sign Cole when he arrived and am still happy to see him get a chance here. There is no reason to slate him like some have on here. He seems like he wants to make an effort and be a success here.

It's obvious to me that some fans will never like him because he is from London. Pathetic really when a birthplace supersedes everything else.

I dont like as everytime hes played he looks unfit and he couldnt care less. If that has changed then im all for it
The Raven

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:58 pm

The Raven » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:56 pm wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:52 pm wrote:I couldn't disagree more with this page worth of comments. He struggled as a creative player under the negative tactics of Hodgson, Kenny opted for spending instead. I was happy to sign Cole when he arrived and am still happy to see him get a chance here. There is no reason to slate him like some have on here. He seems like he wants to make an effort and be a success here.

I dont like as everytime hes played he looks unfit and he couldnt care less. If that has changed then im all for it

i dont like because he is no longer good enough. injuries knocked him back. He lost his extra pace and look awful for us. He did ok in France - just ok , as the league is a bit slower and he has more time - in the CL he looked ordinary. Joe Cole will stay because Rodgers worked with him 4 years ago - 4 years ago Cole was a very good player - not anymore.
Benny The Noon

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:05 pm

Nothing to do with where he originates from ,but everything to do with his inertia when in possession of the ball ,the fella has no sense of where exactly he
should be on the pitch, and he has even less awareness of the players around him and how he can bring said players into play .

I'm sorry mate ,but we disagree on Joe Cole ,like I said he didn't even manage to flatter to deceive when he was given numerous chances to impress .
I can only reiterate this isn't about where the lad hails from ,its more about how I firmly believe our game will become more stagnated if he is allowed
a regular berth in Rodgers team .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:11 pm

It's a difficult one this for me and i dont think it's as straight forward as a few of you are making out.

He did struggle under Hodgson, but Southcoastshankly could be right, the tactics and lack of passing options when he would have been in posession would have been extremly limited.
Under Rodgers if he get's us playing like Swansea did last season he might do alright.

Like i said i dont think it's as cut and dried that he's finished or a poor decision maker that some are making out.
He didnt feature every week for Chelsea but that was at a time that they had so many options.

I wouldnt mind giving him this season personally.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Eagle » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:17 pm

He was at his best pre knee injury about 5 years ago, and even then he wasn’t as good as some make out. He has never been a good passing player and loses the ball a lot so I don’t see how he fits in with a team that will supposedly play possession football next season. He has been living off the “next Gazza” claims Redknapp came up with about 15 years. Overrated throughout his career.
Eagle

Postby redhayesy » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:11 pm

sorry but not for me. he's another player who loves to 'talk the talk' but proved pre-season he does 'walk & walk & walk' he went around the pitch like a headless chicken & when he realised the game was passing him by (literlly) in all the games he played.

he tried both flanks which proved he can't play either-feck knows what he was doing in the Lille side that made people think he was good enough to come back & be an influence on the team,cause i can't see it.

this is what frustrates me-people saying he was brilliant in france,the loan spell has been a success etc-that just proves our league is different gravy! tbh i didn't follow his so called success in france last year,although i was one of many who actually thought he was a good signing to start with & yes his injury's didn't help matters but he still proved at this FC it is all about expectations,attitude etc for me joe cole showed it just isn't meant to be at certain clubs.

his attitude since his return has said to me -he can't 'walk the walk' cause he is out of his depth-regardless of where he is from,some players say they understand what it means to play for LFC etc etc but proving it on the pitch is another!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby RichardLFC1 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:22 pm

I dont think Joe is in the same boat as Adam and Aqualani in the fact that for one reason or another their Liverpool career should probably end now.

We will need a fairly big squad with decent players. In a formation which i think Rodgers will play

Reina
Johnson                                                                                                                           Enrique
                                                          Skrtel                                    Agger

Lucas        Henderson

Gerrard

Borini                                                                                                              Suarez
                                                                           Carroll

Joe cole can fit in a few positions in that line up whether its wide left wide right or in the Gerrard role. Only question is have we got better in the squad?

At the moment the fact that he is versatile i would keep him. We have got Downing who can play in either wide position, Along with Sterling pendning if he gets loaned or not. Henderson who will probably will be the main man to take the Gerrard role if Gerrard needs resting etc. But if we are looking at a few transfers

Dempsey  and Allen to name a few it may push Cole further towards the exit door

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby redalltheway36 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:27 pm

biggest flop signing ever. You might aswell pay a lame mule 90 grand a week.
redalltheway36
LFC Member

Postby The Raven » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:44 pm

I think its all a ploy, Everyone thinks hes Injured so wont prepare to play against him then opeing day of the season BAM

COLE!!!!!!!!!!"messi" comes out and smashed them! all the while pretending tobe out of breath and fat!
The Raven

Postby Boxscarf » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:03 pm

Joe Cole was signed ten years too late. Chelsea got the best years out of him and nobody can deny what an impact footballer he was for Chelsea. I remember him tearing United a new one at Stamford Bridge. That said he is one of our few creative players in the side and given the fact we've lost a few squad players and haven't replaced them, I think we should keep hold of him. If we lose Cole, then we'll have lost Kuyt, Maxi and Aquilani as well as Cole. Our midfield is weak enough as it is, it doesn't need to weakened anymore and I was very impressed with Joe Cole from what I saw of him against Roma.
Boxscarf

Postby mart » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:15 pm

Its going to be hard to sell him with his wagedemands. It didnt help that he got injured as well.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:18 pm

Cole was a lovely present from the owners to the fans and everyone celebrated us signing him.

Awful transfer
Benny The Noon

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:57 pm

Benny The Noon » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:18 pm wrote:Cole was a lovely present from the owners to the fans and everyone celebrated us signing him.

Awful transfer

I remember saying out loud as I tore the wrapping paper off "Its not Joe Cole is it Dad" ?
Worst present ever....  :down:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:48 am

Sell him. He's a liability with all those injuries and unable to last more than 10mins. I'm sure QPR will be happy to take him seeing how they have been buying players over 30. Or perhaps even West Ham.
maypaxvobiscum

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion