we should just keep him for the lols
Binomial
LFC Basic Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:09 am

One goal and suddenly he is a good player  :Oo:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:14 am

He signed on 1th August 2012, for 15 million. He's paid 2.4 million a year (2012 so probably more now) and he's been a monumental waste of money on a daily basis. He's played 110 games to date and scored 5. He'll will be indebited to Rodgers for the rest of his life.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:39 am

that there ^^^ what Reg says.

Waste of money
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:18 am

He’s a mid-table player who shows the occasional flash of being a decent player.  He’d never make it into any of the top 4 teams and shouldn’t be here.
He’ll be moved on in the summer, along with half a dozen others.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:53 pm

Never been a fan of his.  I remember when we spent that £15m on him and in the same summer spurs went and spent the same amount on Dembele. Was absolutely gobsmacked
Doeboy

Postby C-R » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:54 am

3 different papers reporting Swansea are trying to re-sign Joe Allen

A local paper in Wales, also 2 nationals (one which i won't mention)

Any thoughts on this ?  Cash in while we can ? OR keep him as a decent squad player ?
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:39 pm

A decent squad player, pads out the squad in a season were many players for one reason or another seem to be  picking up more injuries than ever before.

I'd be tempted to hang onto him until the summer at least, but that could change depending on the size of any offer we receive in this window.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:36 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:39 am wrote:A decent squad player, pads out the squad in a season were many players for one reason or another seem to be  picking up more injuries than ever before.

I'd be tempted to hang onto him until the summer at least, but that could change depending on the size of any offer we receive in this window.

Allen is a decent little player but in truth this squad needs a serious upgrade in quality, although he is 25/26 and just entering the best years of his career I'd still let him go if the right offer came in.
If we are going to challenge regularly for the biggest prizes in the game we need to find more Gerrard's, Alonso's and Mascherano's, not Milner's, Allen's and Hendo's.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:55 pm

I like Allen. An intelligent squad player who can play a number of roles in CM and often does well in big games. No issue with keeping him and having him start 30 games in a 60 game season. The problem he has is that in the minds of fans he'll be forever be associated with Rodgers. Allen was his man and not only did he agree to activate his inflated release clause he also called him the "Welsh Xavi"!

Currently we have a squad full of "squad players" and no spine. We have a lot of players on our books and some will need to go before others can come in. Klopp has left Allen out a number of times when logic would say he should have played so I think he will be one that will be sacrificed in order for Klopp to bring his own players in.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:38 pm

Allen is *****. He is a poor man's Carrick and that is not good enough for LFC. Another one that is best suited to being a big fish in a small pond. Let's hope Klopp gives this junk 'das boot' all the way back to Swansea
Doeboy

Postby aCe' » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:56 pm

Swap him for Ayew or Montero. He doesnt offer us anything and having him, Lucas, Can, Milner, Henderson as our midfield options is 5 average players too many for my liking. I'd keep Henderson and Can and sell the rest regardless of the offer on the table. We're bound to replace them and whoever comes in would have to be terrible signing to not be an improvement.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:28 pm

Swansea are reported to be interested in taking him back. They've made a loan bid - which we've rejected.

Given their relegation scrap, I'd push for a transfer. Who knows, in their desperation, they might give us our money back
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SkippyRed » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:10 am

I still think Joe Allen has more to offer us in a squad than James Milner.

But I don't think Joe is happy being a squad player. If we can get 10 for him, I take it.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:36 am

Players like Joe Allen are the reason we are where we are. One decent display in 20 games doesnt make him a good player. If we are gonna make a top4 push next season I still think we need 1 or possibly 2 top CMs. We'll need to get rid of a player or 2 to make room and Allen, Lucas, and Milner can all go for peanuts for all I care. No club with CL ambitions will ever sign them which says it all.

What we have atm is this:

Lucas
Allen
Can
Henderson
Milner

None of them would get into any of the top 4 sides. I would argue that they all have at least 3 players who are better than anything we can offer in CM.

Arsenal:
Flamini
Coquelin
Ramsey
Wilshere
Cazorla

Arteta

Man Utd:
Schneiderlin
Carrick
Schweinsteiger
Fellaini