JAY SPEARING - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:55 am

No one was slipping around last night - he went in hard with a tackle that would of been clapped during the 80's and not even a foul but refs have been told to clamp down on it and you can see why he was sent off - his foot was studs up and connected with the guys shin and the trailing leg comes in high - getting the ball is mute , the follow through was dangerous and could of broken the guys leg - if it had happened to one of our players we would of been screaming for a red card
Benny The Noon

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:03 am

I think the fact that Lucas is out and Spearing could have stepped in and made the role his is even more frustrating. A straight red has fu'cked it up completely and besides getting injured, this is possibly the last thing we wanted to happen.
A rush of blood to the head has jeopardised everything. Referees are gobsh'ites without a doubt, but why give them the option to send you off?
Just daft
Thommo's perm

Postby jacdaniel » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:04 am

I applauded the tackle before I realised to my disbelief that the ref was sending him off!!!   

Now we are left with 3 CMs.  2 of whom are under 22 years of age!
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:10 am

He got the ball - agreed. But, you can't have your studs showing and dive into tackles like Spearing did last night. you just can't. Defend him all you like but the fact remains he committed a foul, he could've caused serious injury, he got sent off (rightly so).

Also, he isn't good enough. We need to sort the misfield out quick but I would not hang my hopes on Spearing. I'd ship him out of the door.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:17 am

jacdaniel wrote:I applauded the tackle before I realised to my disbelief that the ref was sending him off!!!   

And none of them is a DM... but I believe we'll win if we appeal.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:21 am

damjan193 wrote:
jacdaniel wrote:I applauded the tackle before I realised to my disbelief that the ref was sending him off!!!   

Not sure we would.

He won the ball and I do not think other referees would of sent the player off. But both feet did leave the ground, any two footed tackle is considered unsafe as you cannot control your momentum in mid-air.

I expect us not to appeal.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:22 am

We won't win on appeal so I would stop thinking that - I bet we don't even go for an appeal .

Also we must not write off the lad because off it .
Benny The Noon

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:29 am

i thought the ref had a good view of it from where he was and he didnt seem to hesitate in pulling a red out.
since then have seen numerous replays and it was a stoopid challenge and loads of refs would have sent him packing for it.
the stills im looking at in the paper here also show spearing in mid air at a 45 degree angle with his right foot planted above dembeles ankle and his left foot trailing even higher.
it was a rash challenge and if it was on one of our players we'd be up in arms and demanding a red for it.
we would be wasting time and money on an appeal for nothing!!
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:36 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
damjan193 wrote:

Not sure we would.

He won the ball and I do not think other referees would of sent the player off. But both feet did leave the ground, any two footed tackle is considered unsafe as you cannot control your momentum in mid-air.

I expect us not to appeal.

not so sure scs.
he was already off the ground when he made contact with the ball and the momentum carried him through into the player.
were talking a split second here from the contact with the ball and player.
he launched himself into that and thats what got him sent off.
the referees dont have a vendetta against us and tbh i would think that very few wouldnt have sent him off for that.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:27 pm

When i first saw the incident I didnt think it deserved a red. Having seen the replays though, it was a terrible tackle and I'm glad Dembele isnt injured as a result of it. Whether he meant it or not is a different matter but its hard to argue with the referees decision there.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:01 am

Other than the challenge (which I think should have been a yellow at the most), Jay had a good game. He made some good challenges, never afraid to put his foot in and made some nice passes which shows he does have a creative side. Really disappointed for him and he deserves our support. I'd appeal just for motivational purposes to show the player that the club is behind him.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:51 am

Needs to wise up and stop making rash challenges. Virtually give that tw@t the excuse on a plate to send him off.
He should be told by KK that if he does it again hes out
Thommo's perm

Postby Waldo » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:22 am

Scandalous sending off and even more scandalous if the club doesn't support Jay with an appeal. There was diddly squat wrong with that challenge last night!!
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby Octsky » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:57 am

i saw the replay, it was never a sending off in a hundred years.
totally no malicious intent, he cleared the ball in a 50/50 challenge and his momentum brought his legs higher.
that it!
to tell him to tone down it like telling Suarez not to dribble so much.
i have seen worse challenges resulting in yellows ie) de jong karate kick on Alonso during WC final
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby Basil » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:08 am

I agree Octsky, I didn't even consider it a tackle. The other bloke wasn't in possession of the ball and Spearing just hoofed it up field, no malicious intent and his momentum carried him into the player.

Refs and the tw*ts running the game are ruining it, they haven't got a f88king clue.

It supposed to be a contact sport and sometime players feet will leave the ground and sometimes players will collide.
Basil

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion