JAMES MILNER - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JC_81 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:34 pm

Think tactics were the problem first half Yakka.

Henderson was left isolated too often and Milner was playing too far ahead of him first half so no chance of forming a partnership.

I think we need a midfield 3 of Can, Milner and Henderson at least away from home, leaving out Ibe or Lallana. That might have worked better today with hindsight.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:22 pm

JC_81 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:34 pm wrote:Think tactics were the problem first half Yakka.

Henderson was left isolated too often and Milner was playing too far ahead of him first half so no chance of forming a partnership.

I think we need a midfield 3 of Can, Milner and Henderson at least away from home, leaving out Ibe or Lallana. That might have worked better today with hindsight.

Absolutely, agreed 100%. Actually said the same thing even before the match. Things clearly changed once Can came on. Before that we had no control in midfield whatsoever. 3 in the middle is a must, especially for away games. Milner and Hendo are sadly just not good enough to do the job themselves.

Anyway, don't understand the praise Milner gets. Wasn't horrible but wasn't anything special either, he was exactly how I expected him to be, puts a shift in sure but lacks quality to be a central midfielder. Never a CM that lad, should stick to the wings.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:42 pm

He's your archetypal 7/10 player every week. Absolutely tireless. Love the way he was getting stuck in aswell.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:04 am

damjan193 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:22 pm wrote:
JC_81 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:34 pm wrote:Think tactics were the problem first half Yakka.

Absolutely, agreed 100%. Actually said the same thing even before the match. Things clearly changed once Can came on. Before that we had no control in midfield whatsoever. 3 in the middle is a must, especially for away games. Milner and Hendo are sadly just not good enough to do the job themselves.

Anyway, don't understand the praise Milner gets. Wasn't horrible but wasn't anything special either, he was exactly how I expected him to be, puts a shift in sure but lacks quality to be a central midfielder. Never a CM that lad, should stick to the wings.

He improved when he moved to the right when Firmino came on....but I have a horrible feeling that BR promised the lad a CM role in the side. Hope I'm wrong, because he looked a lot more useful out on the right.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:25 am

stmichael » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:42 pm wrote:He's your archetypal 7/10 player every week. Absolutely tireless. Love the way he was getting stuck in aswell.

Exactly he gave us the bite in midfield that we have been lacking for a while, I think he hurt three Stoke players  :laugh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:44 am

Milner is a managers dream as he will do the dirty jobs and follow orders to the letter.

He is actually a very anti Rodgers type signing, but after 3 years in the job, and considering how we set up at Stoke, we may be
witnessing a new approach after his 'death by football' burnt his back side a few times.

I think he can offer a more offensive characteristics but he's not good enough at the top level to bring that in teams with excellent
forward players.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:13 am

I absolutely hated seeing him in possession yesterday. Took an extra second to decide whenever he had the ball and actually made Henderson look like a very good CM in comparison. Defensively, he offered something we needed with his energy and pressing.

I don't see him losing his spot and if we keep getting the results, he shouldn't. But we do need to bring in someone in midfield who can get on the ball in deeper positions and dictate our attacking play. I thought Henderson did a decent job in his new position defensively but he isn't the answer and neither is Can.

When all 3 play, we look more solid and balanced but it comes at the expense of playing more expansive attacking football.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:03 pm

Said it in the ratings thread and I'm going to say it here. I can't believe some of the praise he gets, the guy is obviously the weak link in the team and is never going to be a central midfielder. Has no creativity, no vision, doesn't dictate play.. runs a lot sure, gets stuck in, and presses the opposition but that's not enough for a midfielder. Overall, his contribution is very minimal. Good player to have in the squad but not a starter and definitely never a CM.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:32 pm

damjan193 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:03 pm wrote:Said it in the ratings thread and I'm going to say it here. I can't believe some of the praise he gets, the guy is obviously the weak link in the team and is never going to be a central midfielder. Has no creativity, no vision, doesn't dictate play.. runs a lot sure, gets stuck in, and presses the opposition but that's not enough for a midfielder. Overall, his contribution is very minimal. Good player to have in the squad but not a starter and definitely never a CM.

I tend to agree, he has never struck me as anything other than a decent player who relies on his hustle, the idea of having him at the heart of our team pulling the strings doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.
good player but never a midfield General.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:25 am

Can't believe he's getting the nod over Can who's on the bench and Lucas who's at the exit door. Insane stuff really.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:43 am

Vice Captain Milner - ffs !! Now that really does get on my tit:help
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:03 pm

Our midfield conundrum  continues ,and its becoming evident Milner is not the answer. We need this rectifying asap as more equipped opponents will find us out ,even Bournemouth bypassed our midfield with relative ease.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:14 pm

Not that the others were any better, but I'm starting to really dislike this guy. He probably thinks of himself as some hotshot top footballer, no wonder either because he's got a peanut for a brain. Reminds me of Jay Spearing at times to be honest, all huff and puff and no brain. I cringe every time I see him with the armband.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:23 pm

He's beginning to show why he was never a regular starter at city.  Good engine but limited ability and looking at him wearing that armband absolutely fooking kills me.
Rodgers obviously thought the players would look up to him as much as he does.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:28 pm

Utter disgrace that milner is bad the captain over Lucas (and even Sakho)........
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion