JAMES MILNER - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby C-R » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:21 pm

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hustler 2015 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:22 am

He was at his best 4/5 seasons ago. Solid player, but Wants to play in CM more in a red shirt.

I think he's best getting down the flanks and getting the crosses in.

Leaving city, a club challenging for trophies, but he comes to anfield.

Where else was he gonna go? Been struggling to be a regular at city for the past 2/3 seasons, so his only option Was us, or a lesser club.

Simples!
Hustler 2015
LFC Basic Member

Postby The_Rock » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:52 am

An average player who gives 120% in every game he plays (that's why he gets above average rating in most matches). But our midfield is an overkill with him, hendo, allen, tex, coutinho (if he needs to drop back), lucas,can, lallana (if he needs to drop back)...etc.

Don't get me wrong. He will do his job. Put in his shift. But we are gonna suffer when we have so many central midfielders who don't offer much difference in their game play.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:34 pm

He is a decent addition and the energy he showed yesterday was phenomenal. 120% every game is a good way to describe his input.
For me though he would suit the team better either at DM or RW and players like coutinho who have trickery about them in the advanced mid roles. He has a great delivery on him and that will be lost on him behind the strikers.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:16 pm

The word on the street (grape vine) is that James Milner is to be announced as vice captain
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:42 pm

Been impressed with him so far this preseason must admit. Might be a good signing after all. But as a vice-captain, no chance. That would be an insult to the longer serving players. Skrtel, Lucas or Sakho for me.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:15 am

He has taken Stevie's spot in Brendan's affection's  :eyebrow
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby crazyhorse » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:00 pm

I think Milner and Hendo in our Engine Room may well turn out to be awesome.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:03 am

Vice Captain - good choice imo

BR said he comes in 2 and a half hours before training every day
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:25 am

The proverbial slap in the face for Lucas and Skrtel ,the lad hasn't played a league game for us  yet and he's declared vice captain.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:00 am

Length of time at the club doesn't make you a leader.

Skrtel isn't a great communicator and Lucas won't play that many games imo.

It's a reflection of the lack of experience and natural leaders in the squad that Milner has got the role.

I'd actually have been tempted to give it to Lallana who has been captain at Southampton and who I expect to have a big season.

It's almost irrelevant anyway because Henderson is a player who rarely misses games.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:49 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:25 am wrote:The proverbial slap in the face for Lucas and Skrtel ,the lad hasn't played a league game for us  yet and he's declared vice captain.

Absolutely  :nod
Typical Rodgers though running around with a horn on for the guy he has admired from afar for years  :eyebrow . He might be a model pro but only here a wet week.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:37 pm

Ridiculous decision, the man doesn't even know his way around Anfield yet, probably still ends up in the bathroom instead of the dressing room! Naming Milner vice-captain, a player who hasn't played an official game for us yet, is an insult towards the longer serving players.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:52 am

JC_81 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:00 am wrote:Length of time at the club doesn't make you a leader.

Skrtel isn't a great communicator and Lucas won't play that many games imo.

It's a reflection of the lack of experience and natural leaders in the squad that Milner has got the role.

I'd actually have been tempted to give it to Lallana who has been captain at Southampton and who I expect to have a big season.

It's almost irrelevant anyway because Henderson is a player who rarely misses games.

Leaders stand out lad ,makes you wonder how no other manager of the clubs he's played for have picked up on these leadership qualities. It can only be the other managers don't possess the foresight the current manager professes to hold ,or maybe they've all suppressed this overwhelming need to promote Milner
simply to keep the players who've bled for their  respective clubs sweet. .... Its the blind leading the blind fella.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:16 am

Don't understand the hate on Milner. From the moment he signed, he's been labelled as a skill-less grafter. Imo, he's a much better player than Henderson, more effective, more consistent and doesnt have problems with confidence. He may just be invaluable in providing our young team with stability. He's the most experienced player in the squad right now (well aside from old farts like Kolo of course) and I got no problems with him being the vice captain. Our new captain can learn alot from him.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion