Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Rafa D » Sun May 27, 2007 11:59 am

We've signed him.

The offical site says he is ours.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun May 27, 2007 12:16 pm

Where does it say that? If that were true mate why would there be al this speculation and paper talk of siging him properly.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sun May 27, 2007 12:19 pm

Santa wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:I've already posted this in another thread, but I'll say it again.

We've not signed Mascherano permanently, half of him is owned by a Brazilian TV company called "globo" and the other half MSI.

We have him on loan for 18 months, we don't know how much it would cost to buy out his contract but Tevez's release clause is £40m so I assume it would be a fair sum.

We have the registration rights of the player while MSI/globo have the ownership rights.

Can anyone clarify that (with reliable source) without quoting just his/her opinion?  :lookaround

In a word, NO.

Who knows what the deal is? There is supposedly no third-party influence otherwise the club would be in preach of Premier League rules but if Mascherano does not belong to another club then who have we actually loaned him from? I'm assuming we have loaned the player from MSI and after 18 months we have the option to buy him outright. Hopefully this will be for a price that has already been pre-agreed otherwise his value will sky-rocket with every good performance.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun May 27, 2007 1:27 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:I very much doubt we paid £10m for an 18 month loan.

That would be f*cking scandlous.

I would presume that £10million would include his wages as well mate, otherwise I agree it would be silly.

As others have said I dont think any of us knows for sure what the real deal is, the main thing is to make sure he stays.
account deleted by request

Postby tubby » Sun May 27, 2007 1:38 pm

Yeah it would be a real step back if he left for another club but judging all his comments so far i get the impression that he likes it here and wants to stay.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun May 27, 2007 1:58 pm

Scottbot wrote:
Santa wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:I've already posted this in another thread, but I'll say it again.

We've not signed Mascherano permanently, half of him is owned by a Brazilian TV company called "globo" and the other half MSI.

We have him on loan for 18 months, we don't know how much it would cost to buy out his contract but Tevez's release clause is £40m so I assume it would be a fair sum.

We have the registration rights of the player while MSI/globo have the ownership rights.

Can anyone clarify that (with reliable source) without quoting just his/her opinion?  :lookaround

In a word, NO.

Who knows what the deal is? There is supposedly no third-party influence otherwise the club would be in preach of Premier League rules but if Mascherano does not belong to another club then who have we actually loaned him from? I'm assuming we have loaned the player from MSI and after 18 months we have the option to buy him outright. Hopefully this will be for a price that has already been pre-agreed otherwise his value will sky-rocket with every good performance.

In a word YES actually, it is not my opinion, most of this is the words of Joorabchian himself.

If I can find the piece where he gave a direct interview then I will post it here, as yet I can't find it.

We pay agents fees to Joorabchian, this £10mm, if a true figure will be agents fees.

Do you really think we'd have signed Mascherano permanently considering the release clause of Tevez (£40m a FACT), if it is anything like that figure, we would not have been able to afford it.
LFC2007

Postby Scottbot » Sun May 27, 2007 4:56 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Scottbot wrote:
Santa wrote:

In a word, NO.

In a word YES actually, it is not my opinion, most of this is the words of Joorabchian himself.

If I can find the piece where he gave a direct interview then I will post it here, as yet I can't find it.

We pay agents fees to Joorabchian, this £10mm, if a true figure will be agents fees.

Do you really think we'd have signed Mascherano permanently considering the release clause of Tevez (£40m a FACT), if it is anything like that figure, we would not have been able to afford it.

But it's hardly crystal clear is it? I don't believe we are breaking any rules and i'm sure we have rights to the player for the next 18 months but does anyone (aside from Joorabchian, the club and the player) actually know exactly what the story is? Also i would have expected the direct interview you are talking about to have been widely seen by most of us + every paper in the land. It does all seem a little bit suss to me, hardly transparent is it?
Last edited by Scottbot on Sun May 27, 2007 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun May 27, 2007 5:04 pm

This is one of the interviews Joorabchian did for the daily mail.

Joorabchian
LFC2007

Postby Scottbot » Sun May 27, 2007 5:27 pm

LFC2007 wrote:This is one of the interviews Joorabchian did for the daily mail.

Joorabchian

Cheers, but it doesn't really shed any light on our deal for Mascherano i.e. how much is LFC paying? When is the money being paid? Is he defo our player beyond 18 months?
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun May 27, 2007 5:36 pm

No, but it shows the structure of how things works with these guys i.e. ownership/registration of these players.

It has been widely reported and is widely accepted that Mascherano is on an 18 month loan deal, i.e. we pay MSI a fee for the 18 months.

I don't know how much that is, but there will be a fee.
LFC2007

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun May 27, 2007 6:32 pm

Link?

Because everywhere I have read we have signed him permanently for an undisclosed fee. E.g. http://www.soccerbase.com/transfers_by_team.sd?teamid=1563
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Sun May 27, 2007 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun May 27, 2007 6:48 pm

On the link you have posted it says, Mascherano: Signed.

'Signed' does not necessarily mean a permanent deal.

You can sign a player on loan.

Here is another more reliable source saying it is an 18 month Loan deal:

Mascherano

The vast majority of reports concur with the one above.

Apparently the daily mail claimed we had bought him outright for £10m.

I think it is reasonable to assume that this is wrong given his time at West Ham, the risk would be too big and we wouldn't have had the funds at the time.

In addition, Joorabchian acquired the ownership of Tevez/Mascherano and a couple of others with a view to profiting in the long term, I think it is highly unlikely given Mascherano's age that we have acquired the Ownership rights of the player.

If, as widely reported that Tevez's release clause is £40m, I think the release clause for Mascherano would be something equally as high, if a little less, because Tevez has a bigger reputation.
LFC2007

Postby Redrulz(lfc) » Sun May 27, 2007 7:19 pm

First of all the company like MSI should remove from football.
I my opinion money should not be a problem for a player like mascherano we can't find a player like him even in 18 years
Redrulz(lfc)

Postby oOShrimpyOo » Mon May 28, 2007 9:51 am

well if we have an option to buy but have not already agreed a fee for him it will be a bad piece of business by liverpool FC again, and they should employ me to do their business dealings!  :;):
oOShrimpyOo

Postby Soul » Mon May 28, 2007 11:12 am

Like someone else said here - it is desperately important that we sign this star NOW because his influence on Liverpool already is and will in the future be extraordinary.

On top of that we should sign him this summer for a reasonable fee rather than paying a bloody fortune for him after the 18 month loan period.

And yeah, the unknown owners of Tevez and Mascherano should be expelled from football by FIFA. And fast!
Last edited by Soul on Mon May 28, 2007 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan Mølby: 'Liverpool have a soul'
Soul

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion