Next 5 Games - HULL, NOR, WHU, TOT, CAR

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby eds » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:41 am

After losing to Hull we need to blow away the Canaries and the Bubble blowers at home.

Nothing more, nothing less.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby metalhead » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:37 pm

It's going to be interesting against Tottenham

our away form has been awful, let's hope Tottenham's awful scoring record will carry on against us.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redno7 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:32 pm

a draw against spuds could see us take 10 points from these 5 games, not perfect but not bad
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:57 pm

these upcoming games against spurs, city and chelsea are absolutely huge, everton are already above us and although we have a game in hand they count for nothing unless you win them.
after playing united and arsenal back to back everton now have a run of 5 or 6 very winnable games until their next big test away at our place at the end of january, if we lose our 3 tough away games (which is a real possibility given our recent away form) and everton beat the likes of swansea, stoke, sunderland and norwich we could find ourselves on the wrong end of a sizable gap going into the anfield derby on the 28th of january.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:26 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:57 pm wrote:these upcoming games against spurs, city and chelsea are absolutely huge, everton are already above us and although we have a game in hand they count for nothing unless you win them.
after playing united and arsenal back to back everton now have a run of 5 or 6 very winnable games until their next big test away at our place at the end of january, if we lose our 3 tough away games (which is a real possibility given our recent away form) and everton beat the likes of swansea, stoke, sunderland and norwich we could find ourselves on the wrong end of a sizable gap going into the anfield derby on the 28th of january.

have some faith lad, this time tomorrow we'll be back up to second and just 2 points off the top  :buttrock
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:47 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:26 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:57 pm wrote:these upcoming games against spurs, city and chelsea are absolutely huge, everton are already above us and although we have a game in hand they count for nothing unless you win them.

have some faith lad, this time tomorrow we'll be back up to second and just 2 points off the top  :buttrock

i hope your right mate, but considering we have only won 2 away games all season and the last one of those was back in late september, nearly 3 months ago, against a manager-less sunderland side it`s hard not to feel at least a bit apprehensive about our chances tomorrow.
our awful record at white hart lane doesnt help either.
hendo being fit is a positive though, i hope we try to play a high intensity pressing game and dont sit back and invite pressure onto ourselves, i dont want to see luis isolated up the pitch on his own.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:12 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:47 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:26 pm wrote:

i hope your right mate, but considering we have only won 2 away games all season and the last one of those was back in late september, nearly 3 months ago, against a manager-less sunderland side it`s hard not to feel at least a bit apprehensive about our chances tomorrow.
our awful record at white hart lane doesnt help either.
hendo being fit is a positive though, i hope we try to play a high intensity pressing game and dont sit back and invite pressure onto ourselves, i dont want to see luis isolated up the pitch on his own.

Dya know what...

Sometimes its f*cking great to be wrong! :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:17 am

sometimes it's great to be right too  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:34 am

If beat Cardiff at home and Arsenal drop points to Chelsea away (both highly likely outcomes) - we will have taken 12 points out of 15 available and be top of the league going into Xmas.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:29 pm

Like to see the same starting 11, from yesterday , for the next 3 games ........
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:49 pm

supersub » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:29 pm wrote:Like to see the same starting 11, from yesterday , for the next 3 games ........

Alberto in for Lucas against Cardiff for me, see what he can do.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:00 pm

Stu the Red » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:49 pm wrote:
supersub » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:29 pm wrote:Like to see the same starting 11, from yesterday , for the next 3 games ........

Alberto in for Lucas against Cardiff for me, see what he can do.

Was thinking the same. The kid deserves a chance and Cardiff at home will be the perfect game for it.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby mramo » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:03 pm

Dya know what...

Sometimes the best thing about being wrong (from a superstitious point of view) is to avoid jinxing the moment from happening. Time I have heard friends of their optimism beating other teams (jinxing the moment) and we end up drawing to Newcastle, Everton, and then losing to Hull. He's learnt his lesson. Alternatively its great just to be silent.
mramo

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:27 pm

mramo » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:03 pm wrote:
Dya know what...

Sometimes the best thing about being wrong (from a superstitious point of view) is to avoid jinxing the moment from happening. Time I have heard friends of their optimism beating other teams (jinxing the moment) and we end up drawing to Newcastle, Everton, and then losing to Hull. He's learnt his lesson. Alternatively its great just to be silent.

I never understand how some can be superstitious. I mean it's rife amongst players as well.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mkingdom » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:30 pm

Why would anyone want to change the side that just delivered one of the best performances seen by the club for years??

Same eleven, make sure we get three points and then evaluate for the next game then.
mkingdom

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion