Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:54 pm

Dec 26: Man City (a)
Dec 28: Chelsea (a)
Jan 1: Hull (h)
Jan 12: Stoke (a) 
Jan 18: Aston Villa (h)

------

A little early but worth considering what our expected outcome will be for the next set of 5 games after the Cardiff game.

Xmas looks horrible but by beating Cardiff we will be able to go into these tough Xmas fixtures with confidence. That said, I would take two draws now if offered. After that it eases off a little. Stoke away is never an easy place to go, but they aren't so much of the "park the bus" side they were under Pulis - this may play into our hands. Hull and Aston Villa at home should be comfortable wins.

We also have the FA Cup game after the Hull game to factor in a busy period. The squad will be fully tested and I fully expect the fringe players (Aspas, Alberto, Moses, Kelly, Cissohko, etc) to get a good opportunity to prove their worth.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:42 pm

10 points should be the target from that run.
if we where to get a draw at city then that would be an achievement in itself, they are brilliant at home and have no bother scoring goals. aguero could be missing so thats a bonus but im not expecting anything from this.
chelsea are beatable, defensively poor this season and are leaking goals. im convinced we can outscore them and take the 3 points or worse case scenario 1 point.
hull i hope get an unbelievable mauling off us, an absolute hammering in the 10 fecking nil category. 3 points
stoke has to be another 3 points for me, we have too much quality to lose that. 3 points
villa again has to be another win.
if we can walk away from those games with minimum 10 points we will be in good stead and at that stage well on the way to top 4.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:01 pm

Really confident we will get something out of both Xmas games the form we are in. Top of the league at Xmas, we know in two weeks the position we should realistically be aiming for.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:00 pm

Such a shame. Didn't deserve to lose in either game. That said, two away games within three days of each other against City and Chelsea was always going to be really tough. I would have been happy with 2 points but alas now we have none.

Only 9 points against Hull, Stoke and Villa will keep us in reach.

The positive in all this is our fixture list for the next 10 games (aside from Arsenal at home) is kind.

Let's bounce back with a vengeance! I'd rather have these defeats now than later in the season.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:01 pm

our next 3 matches look somewhat easier on paper, hopefully we'll have Gerrard back on the 1st and batter Hull
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:15 pm

Should have at least won a point. We deserved it as well. Good teams shouldn't be losing 2 games in a row regardless how difficult they are.

Can't get myself to look at the table now.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:00 pm

I fully expect us to win the next three games.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby redno7 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:17 am

9 points left to collect from the last 3 of these games and it's 9 points we are more than capable of getting too. 3 wins, no less.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:12 pm

redno7 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:17 am wrote:9 points left to collect from the last 3 of these games and it's 9 points we are more than capable of getting too. 3 wins, no less.

Yes 9 points. The team above and around us have -

Arsenal
Cardiff (H)
Aston Villa (A)
Fulham (H)

Man City
Swansea (A)
Newcastle (A)
Cardiff (H)

Chelsea
Southampton (A)
Hull (A)
Man Utd (H)

Everton
Stoke (A)
West Brom (H)
Norwich (A)

Man Utd
Tottenham (H)
Swansea (H)
Chelsea (A)

----

There's a realistic possibility that Man Utd and Chelsea drop points against each other. This means we could very easily be top 4 by the end of the month, obviously assuming we don't drop any more league points.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:45 pm

we have played arsenal, chelsea, man city, spurs, everton and newcastle all away from home, so that means in every remaining away fixture we have left (apart from the game at old trafford) we will start the games as favourites to win. now i know that doesnt always translate into 3 points but what it does translate into is that we have a very good chance of picking up 3 points practically every game we play between now and the end of the season.
6 points isnt a lot to make up over half a season, we just need a confidence boosting win against hull to get us firing on all cylinders again.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:31 pm

After all that hard work we undeservedly lost both games because of a few bad decisions and a few unlucky moments. Had half of our squad injured while the rest must be both physically and mentally jaded. I fear that the effect of these things might be greater than just these two matches and might manifest in our following games. Can't think of a worse scenario to be honest.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:28 am

damjan193 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:31 pm wrote:After all that hard work we undeservedly lost both games because of a few bad decisions and a few unlucky moments. Had half of our squad injured while the rest must be both physically and mentally jaded. I fear that the effect of these things might be greater than just these two matches and might manifest in our following games. Can't think of a worse scenario to be honest.

Me too.

Probably the worst result we could have expected from the Christmas period.

Really worried that we might lose points against Hull after they mauled Fulham 6-0.

Really hope Suarez and Coutinho can get us out of jail again.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion