Next 5 Games - HULL, NOR, WHU, TOT, CAR

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:11 pm

Agree about bringing Alberto in.

For 2 reasons.
The first one is I dont think Lucas is needed in a game like this one. Someone who it would appear is a bit more forward thinking I feel would be better suited to a home game against a side we should have most of the ball.
The second reason is the small matter of City and Chelsea away within 3 days of one another.
I would want Lucas who is the screen in front of the back four playing in both of these games and I dont think he has 3 games in a week in him.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:20 pm

i`d be tempted to start with the team that started against spurs and if we are lucky enough to find ourselves 2 or 3 goals up with half an hour or so to go then make changes.
this game against cardiff is huge, this could see us occupying the top spot over christmas and i recently saw a stat in the paper that said 65% (two thirds) of the teams who are top on christmas day go on to win the title.
in the past these are exactly the types of games and opportunities we have blown, especially under roy evans but under other managers too.
in 08/09 under rafa we beat the likes of chelsea and united home and away (that was the 4-1 at old trafford season) but blew the title around christmas, from mid december to the end of january we played 7 fixtures and our record in those games was W2 D5 L0.
we drew against the likes of hull, stoke and wigan and those run of the mill games cost us the title in a season where we did all the heavy lifting by beating the likes of united, chelsea, everton, city, fulham and villa (who all finished high up the table) away from home.
this isnt the time for experimental line up`s imo.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:28 pm

jaysus lads i dont think we will fall apart because of one change ?
as ben said give lucas a rest and have him fresh for the 2 tougher games after that.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:23 am

red till i die!! » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:28 pm wrote:jaysus lads i dont think we will fall apart because of one change ?
as ben said give lucas a rest and have him fresh for the 2 tougher games after that.

I'd do exactly that. Lucas was poor against Spurs and I don't believe he's got two performances in a week in him. Let alone three. I'd drop him for this one in favour of giving Alberto a game then play him in the next two games.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:50 pm

Ben Patrick » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:11 pm wrote:Agree about bringing Alberto in.

For 2 reasons.
The first one is I dont think Lucas is needed in a game like this one. Someone who it would appear is a bit more forward thinking I feel would be better suited to a home game against a side we should have most of the ball.
The second reason is the small matter of City and Chelsea away within 3 days of one another.
I would want Lucas who is the screen in front of the back four playing in both of these games and I dont think he has 3 games in a week in him.

I agree Ben ,I would give Alberto a chance and reserve the energy of Lucas for the City and Chelsea games......Honest  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:13 pm

Well I predicted that we'll win 13 points in these games and get ourselves back on top but we won 12. We beat Tottenham though, a game which I thought we'd draw, and we're still on top at least until Monday, so I guess I can't complain.

Anything we get from the two following games is a bonus IMO. There should be no pressure on us now until the end of the year.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redno7 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:46 pm

I think predicted 10 points and we bagged 12 points so I'm happy.

Next 2 games are a test, 4 points from  possible 6 would be a good haul
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:46 am

damjan193 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:13 pm wrote:
Anything we get from the two following games is a bonus IMO. There should be no pressure on us now until the end of the year.

There should. Because as we saw in the Hull game, even a game that can be won on paper can be lost. And there's no assurance that the top 6 teams would come to Anfield and lose. Every game has to be won, nothing less. We're in a very good position right now to achieve something special and the mentality of the players should not be "oh well at least we did better than last season".
maypaxvobiscum

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion