Thats exactly what i mean

Alright I'll change that sentence

"Moaning-about-Liverpool-FC cu.nts"

:D

It's okay for me to moan in general cos I says so
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby bigmick » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:20 pm

The strangest thing to me is we have a title challenge thread which is deleted, but then we have 'nah-nah, n-nah-nah" threads after 16 games of the Premiership. Very odd.

It's not like any of what's happened so far is massively surprising to the "moaners" I shouldn't think. We've started selecting more consistently in the league and we're getting much more consistent results, and we've qualified out of the Champions League group stages as we and all the other English teams always do. It's lovely, I'm over the moon about it all but I don't see it as hard enough evidence quite yet to be championing ourselves in such a way. We've made a decent start, no more, no less.

We are always though one brainstorm away from a bliiiiiiiiip. It would only take a Fratton Park to derail us, and as the pressure is now cranking up it could all end very quickly. I've no doubts that from here Chelsea will win practically every match, and Man Utd also. One of our little periods where we pick a strange team, lose, then take two or three games to get going again and we'd be gone for all money.

I couldn't personally care mless how we are playing in the broader scheme of things, but that'd be my main worry. I wouldn't be too concerned who we draw in the Champions League, the main thing to worry about is whether we will avoid one of the other three English teams in the last eight. As we proved last season, if you have to play three English teams on the bounce it's a huge ask. It's probably no coincidence that Man Utd only had to play one and won it. The group stage points total though is completely irrelevent. If people want to celebrate that then peachy, but it means nothing. Just like if we won the Premiership with the record LOW points total for winners, or if we finished up with less points than our "record points total :D", who gives a feck as long as we win it?

My one fear with the Champions League is that as we progress, the temptation to get a bit stylie will become ever greater. THAT concerns me much more than how we're playing, who we'll draw in the last 16 etc.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:31 pm

I just wanna sing me song again.

Were all goning to Roma
On the --- of May
Vatican Bells they will be ringing
All the kopites will be singing
When we win the Europeon Cup

1977, 1984. 2009

I Love going to Roma

:nod
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:47 pm

bigmick wrote:The strangest thing to me is we have a title challenge thread which is deleted, but then we have 'nah-nah, n-nah-nah" threads after 16 games of the Premiership. Very odd.

Its hardly na na na.  I see it as a reality check that we are doing well.  we are not going to win every game and there will be blimps but a lot of fans are very happy with where we are, although we know its a hard road ahead.  But instead of waiting for us to fail lets enjoy the good times while we can
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:53 pm

Leon, sorry to burst your bubbles, but Bayern matched us tonight, and they lead by goal difference only by one goal :(  :D
Last edited by metalhead on Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:20 pm

taff wrote:
bigmick wrote:The strangest thing to me is we have a title challenge thread which is deleted, but then we have 'nah-nah, n-nah-nah" threads after 16 games of the Premiership. Very odd.

Its hardly na na na.  I see it as a reality check that we are doing well.  we are not going to win every game and there will be blimps but a lot of fans are very happy with where we are, although we know its a hard road ahead.  But instead of waiting for us to fail lets enjoy the good times while we can

Taff I'm firmly in the happy camp, I'm absolutely loving this season. Far from "waiting for us to fail", if we carry on as we are I think we've got a real chance of winning it.

I said so on the "title challenge" thread a few weeks back and it got deleted as it was "jinxing' the team. There was plenty of "we're not involved in any title challenge until February/March"'s flying about then, I was just wondering what had changed.

I actually think the unease amongst fans at the way we are playing is simply symptomatic of the fact that we haven't been up there for a while. In the days when we used to win things regularly as we all know we didn't overly concern ourselves with how we were playing at this stage, as long as we were up there. I wouldn't think the Manc fans are that bothered that they only beat Sunderland 1-0 with a flukey late goal, that they won is the main thing. We aren't winning with style, but we're winning and that's really all that makes any difference.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Simari » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:48 am

It isn't so much about the moaning as it is about the fear of capitulating from a great start to the season. Some of us will have doubts until we see our team right in the mix in March.

All of this is based on patchy periods of performance in the previous years, where a bad stretch of form has seen us out of the race in a jiffy.

In the meantime, as Rafa has always said - he wants the team to only focus on what the team needs to do and not how other teams are performing. We may be top of the league because Chelski and Man U aren't performing to their peak yet.

But we are still top of the league and picking up points.

However, the CL points thing is a bit irrelevant. The club will still put us all on the cliff-edge in the knock-out rounds. That is what makes the latter stages of the CL so special for LFC fans :D
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:23 am

s@int wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
s@int wrote:It is very strange though Leon, to me it doesn't quite feel as if we deserve to be top with the football we have been playing.

I agree, Arsene Wengers brand of slick football should mean he is top regardless of how many games his team win or lose.

In fact, the league should e based on points for the beauty of football, this scoring more goals than the opposition nonsense really is a joke.

Viva LA Fancais

I couldn't care less if we play like Wimbledon as long as we win, I was trying to explain why perhaps the forum isn't more positive about things at the moment rather than having a moan about the quality of our play. We have scraped through in a lot of games and have probably only dominated in 3 or 4. Champions (or potential champions) usually dominate most games, which is probably why we arn't as confident as we might be.

No. It's nothing to do with lacking confidence, or ugly football. It is because a sizable minority on this board have encamped themselves in the "Moaners are us" faction so deeply that they are now so accustomed to tearing Rafa a new a*sehole over every decision, they cannot be seen to lose face. As a result, they pick up on the smallest of details and decisions to magnify with their own warped perceptions and exploit.

And that is just silly.

In times gone by, this camp butchered Rafa when he continued with a player who was obviously not up to it. Now he's getting butchered for giving Keane the elbow in one f*cking game to "give the kids a go". (Which, unsuprisingly, was another area of literary desecration seen on here.)

It would be much, much easier for the likes of Heimdall et al to come out and say "I am a c*nt, and I hate Rafa because I am a sad little nog of excrement who's life revolves around my computer."

Much easier. :nod

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:24 am

Champs league is ours... most feared team.. who are yah who are yah who are yah
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:52 am

bigmick wrote:
taff wrote:

Taff I'm firmly in the happy camp, I'm absolutely loving this season. Far from "waiting for us to fail", if we carry on as we are I think we've got a real chance of winning it.

I said so on the "title challenge" thread a few weeks back and it got deleted as it was "jinxing' the team. There was plenty of "we're not involved in any title challenge until February/March"'s flying about then, I was just wondering what had changed.

I actually think the unease amongst fans at the way we are playing is simply symptomatic of the fact that we haven't been up there for a while. In the days when we used to win things regularly as we all know we didn't overly concern ourselves with how we were playing at this stage, as long as we were up there. I wouldn't think the Manc fans are that bothered that they only beat Sunderland 1-0 with a flukey late goal, that they won is the main thing. We aren't winning with style, but we're winning and that's really all that makes any difference.

Good post mick - now smile  :D
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:59 am

Like I said a reality check.  I assume Leon put this up to poke a bit of fun at people who are a little bit over the top in their doom forecasting and crticism of players.  That said I am concerned about Ngog as he has only played one full match and didnt score a hatrick  :D
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:26 pm

It's not like any of what's happened so far is massively surprising to the "moaners" I shouldn't think. We've started selecting more consistently in the league and we're getting much more consistent results, and we've qualified out of the Champions League group stages as we and all the other English teams always do. It's lovely, I'm over the moon about it all but I don't see it as hard enough evidence quite yet to be championing ourselves in such a way. We've made a decent start, no more, no less.

We are always though one brainstorm away from a bliiiiiiiiip. It would only take a Fratton Park to derail us, and as the pressure is now cranking up it could all end very quickly. I've no doubts that from here Chelsea will win practically every match, and Man Utd also. One of our little periods where we pick a strange team, lose, then take two or three games to get going again and we'd be gone for all money.

I couldn't personally care mless how we are playing in the broader scheme of things, but that'd be my main worry. I wouldn't be too concerned who we draw in the Champions League, the main thing to worry about is whether we will avoid one of the other three English teams in the last eight. As we proved last season, if you have to play three English teams on the bounce it's a huge ask. It's probably no coincidence that Man Utd only had to play one and won it. The group stage points total though is completely irrelevent. If people want to celebrate that then peachy, but it means nothing. Just like if we won the Premiership with the record LOW points total for winners, or if we finished up with less points than our "record points total :D", who gives a feck as long as we win it?

My one fear with the Champions League is that as we progress, the temptation to get a bit stylie will become ever greater. THAT concerns me much more than how we're playing, who we'll draw in the last 16 etc.

Mick, you are turning into a right moaning tw@t of late, if you want to do the moderators job just ask and you will be reinstated, if you dont want to (as is the case) then stop bleeting on about it.

This thread is a sarcastic poke at the mood of people on here, there is no suggestion of winnign anything, this is hte bit I personally am uneasy about in any thread about winning leagues.

Disclaimer - I am not too bothered what people think of me, I am a kn.ob head and an arrogant tw@t and a rubbish moderator and a fat get
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:37 pm

Disclaimer - I am not too bothered what people think of me, I am a kn.ob head and an arrogant tw@t and a rubbish moderator and a fat get

:D

Thats not a disclaimer, its a character reference.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby tonyeh » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:07 pm

I s'pose I am one of the "moaners". I've been fairly critical of Liverpool over the past few months, but I know where most on each "side" are coming from.

I personnally think it doesn't matter a damn if you're on top by one point in December. The only time "top of the league" really matters is when there is 38 games played.

I also think that most people who are worried or "moaning" are simply being realistic. Liverpool, in general, are not playing well on a week to week basis and that makes people feel that they are walking a bit of a tightrope and are constantly staring over their shoulder into the abyss. If Liverpool were playing in a more consistant fashion and doing the biz against the so called lesser teams, then not only would they be multiple points clear, but the "moaning" would be non-existant.

The fact is and it's been pointed out time and time again, is that Liverpool have scraped by in a number of games. Yes other teams have done that, but when Man Utd scored against Sunderland, with their Satanic-pact trademark Late Goal™, I was screaming. But, it felt like it was coming from the first whistle and in the end I just threw my eyes to the heavens and accepted the enevitable. However, when Liverpool score a late one, I'm wiping the sweat from my brow and wondering whether I should go to the doctor with my irregular heartbeat. It's not I have more of an emotional stake in a Liverpool win, but because for much of far too many games, Liverpool simply don't look like scoring.

I know the present league position is great, but are Liverpool really doing that much different in general play from last year? I'm not so sure. The problems of the last few sesaons are still with the team and especially notable is the lack of finishing quality and an inability to break down teams. That makes every game impossible to call, which in one way is good but in another bad for one's health.

Anyway, I think we are all enjoying the season in our different ways, even the "moaners". Roll on Hull, which I think will be a good match and if we're still on top by Christmas day, that'll be an extra present for everybody on here.
tonyeh

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:13 pm

tonyeh wrote:

I s'pose I am one of the "moaners". I've been fairly critical of Liverpool over the past few months, but I know where most on each "side" are coming from.

I personnally think it doesn't matter a damn if you're on top by one point in December. The only time "top of the league" really matters is when there is 38 games played.

I also think that most people who are worried or "moaning" are simply being realistic. Liverpool, in general, are not playing well on a week to week basis and that makes people feel that they are walking a bit of a tightrope and are constantly staring over their shoulder into the abyss. If Liverpool were playing in a more consistant fashion and doing the biz against the so called lesser teams, then not only would they be multiple points clear, but the "moaning" would be non-existant.

The fact is and it's been pointed out time and time again, is that Liverpool have scraped by in a number of games. Yes other teams have done that, but when Man Utd scored against Sunderland, with their Satanic-pact trademark Late Goal™, I was screaming. But, it felt like it was coming from the first whistle and in the end I just threw my eyes to the heavens and accepted the enevitable. However, when Liverpool score a late one, I'm wiping the sweat from my brow and wondering whether I should go to the doctor with my irregular heartbeat. It's not I have more of an emotional stake in a Liverpool win, but because for much of far too many games, Liverpool simply don't look like scoring.

I know the present league position is great, but are Liverpool really doing that much different in general play from last year? I'm not so sure. The problems of the last few sesaons are still with the team and especially notable is the lack of finishing quality and an inability to break down teams. That makes every game impossible to call, which in one way is good but in another bad for one's health.

Anyway, I think we are all enjoying the season in our different ways, even the "moaners". Roll on Hull, which I think will be a good match and if we're still on top by Christmas day, that'll be an extra present for everybody on here.

Good post .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion