Highest EVER points tally at this point in the CL - Top of the Premier League

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:18 pm

s@int wrote:It is very strange though Leon, to me it doesn't quite feel as if we deserve to be top with the football we have been playing.

I agree, Arsene Wengers brand of slick football should mean he is top regardless of how many games his team win or lose.

In fact, the league should e based on points for the beauty of football, this scoring more goals than the opposition nonsense really is a joke.

Viva LA Fancais
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:26 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
s@int wrote:It is very strange though Leon, to me it doesn't quite feel as if we deserve to be top with the football we have been playing.

I agree, Arsene Wengers brand of slick football should mean he is top regardless of how many games his team win or lose.

In fact, the league should e based on points for the beauty of football, this scoring more goals than the opposition nonsense really is a joke.

Viva LA Fancais

I couldn't care less if we play like Wimbledon as long as we win, I was trying to explain why perhaps the forum isn't more positive about things at the moment rather than having a moan about the quality of our play. We have scraped through in a lot of games and have probably only dominated in 3 or 4. Champions (or potential champions) usually dominate most games, which is probably why we arn't as confident as we might be.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby Alex G. » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:07 pm

We were close to exit at qualifyin round with Liege and now top of the group with the highest ever points. Made in Liverpool!  :p
Last edited by Alex G. on Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:20 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:

Viva LA Fancais

Strictly Come Football...... :laugh:
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby LegBarnes » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:31 pm

It makes your think don't it that it comes down to this time old agument about the team gellin , Is it with the in's and out's off summer new egos in teams and old ones gone does or did the team just need to gel more.

Or was it sami Lee comming in that shock things up and needed agustment who knows but in all fairness its worked out well so far even if some think we could have done better.

On flip side we could have hit form 2 months ago and burned out by now and lost alot games so every cloud.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:38 pm

This place pi.sses me off so much sometimes

Moanin c.unts
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby dawson99 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:42 pm

GOAT_2.0 wrote:This place pi.sses me off so much sometimes

Moanin c.unts

Now that's a little bit ironic... dontcha think?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:43 pm

LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:23 pm

We all watch Liverpool so I assume we know more about our team than any other.  For all you moaners out there go to other teams websites and see what they have to say.  Not so long ago Man Utd fans wanted Fergie out and they have booed their team.  The cliche winning ugly and winninig while playing bad was used every couple of weeks when they dominated in the 90's.

Arsenal had an amazing season that cemented Wenger as a genius.  But is there love and harmony in their ranks.

Chelsea have some furious debates about their team and there are doubters in their ranks.

And this we are playing badly thing well heres my answer

Who cares if we are getting points.

I honestly think that some fans have watched the team of the 80's dvd with a decade condensed into two hours and think that all the games were crazy swashbuckling affairs with dozens of goals.

Heres some shocking news.  even under Sir Bob we were regularly criticised for boring play, many pundits thought our demise would come with no more backpassing to the keeper.  Watch the European finals, apart from 77 they are not that exciting.

The problem I have seen over the last few seasons is the mentality of the team, it has been getting stronger and now is the time to gel that with the supporters.  Even if you dont go to the game, people read sites like this and attend and boo at Anfield.  Some of the criticism is insane
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:40 pm

taff wrote:Some of the criticism is insane

Amen.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:44 pm

taff wrote:We all watch Liverpool so I assume we know more about our team than any other.  For all you moaners out there go to other teams websites and see what they have to say.  Not so long ago Man Utd fans wanted Fergie out and they have booed their team.  The cliche winning ugly and winninig while playing bad was used every couple of weeks when they dominated in the 90's.

Arsenal had an amazing season that cemented Wenger as a genius.  But is there love and harmony in their ranks.

Chelsea have some furious debates about their team and there are doubters in their ranks.

I honestly think that some fans have watched the team of the 80's dvd with a decade condensed into two hours and think that all the games were crazy swashbuckling affairs with dozens of goals.

Heres some shocking news.  even under Sir Bob we were regularly criticised for boring play, many pundits thought our demise would come with no more backpassing to the keeper.  Watch the European finals, apart from 77 they are not that exciting.

The problem I have seen over the last few seasons is the mentality of the team, it has been getting stronger and now is the time to gel that with the supporters.  Even if you dont go to the game, people read sites like this and attend and boo at Anfield.  Some of the criticism is insane

I agree taff spot on.  :nod
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:53 pm

taff wrote:We all watch Liverpool so I assume we know more about our team than any other.  For all you moaners out there go to other teams websites and see what they have to say.  Not so long ago Man Utd fans wanted Fergie out and they have booed their team.  The cliche winning ugly and winninig while playing bad was used every couple of weeks when they dominated in the 90's.

word

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:55 pm

I conquer
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:56 pm

dawson99 wrote:
GOAT_2.0 wrote:This place pi.sses me off so much sometimes

Moanin c.unts

Now that's a little bit ironic... dontcha think?

Nope, I'm not moaning about Liverpool FC, and that is what I was referring to
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby dawson99 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:57 pm

but moaning nonetheless, just having a jovial lark guv

but the way some people go on you'd think we supported the blues FFS
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion