Groundshare - Sky sports reporting new groundshare

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby parchpea » Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:05 pm

Theres something not adding up if Liverpool made a statement saying their position has not changed. Carborn says these two clubs asked him for a meeting to discuss the groundshare issue. Maybe their statement does not lie nor tell the full story. They may well be intent on pressing ahead alone with their own plans, that position has not changed, however they dont confirm or deny the groundshare is once again on the agenda. It would be helpful to all if Parry or someone came on TV and gave a statement. As they made no mention of this meeting they obviously they wanted it under wraps. Once again its a PR disaster. What is going here  :glare:
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby spud » Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:12 pm

The_Rock wrote:
lakes10 wrote:Also, in terms of atmosphere it is better that a team plays in its own stadium.

The atmosphere will suck big time. Can't imagine a stadium painted both red & blue ....... :O  (Can't find any smiley that denotes puking  :D ).

I imagine it will be neutral....grey or something.....how dull is that?

I don't like the idea of groundshare and neither has Rick Parry to date.  A change in his attitude signals either a lack of funds, a change in priorities, or both.

I would prefer us to stay at Anfield and move once the team is more stabalised and more successful.

Failing that, move to our own new ground, but get sponsorship, call it the KFC Stadium for me and put a big fried chicken over it, if they stump up the cash.

Then last and definitely least it's groundshare.  Maybe my emotions blind me from the benefits, but I would rather share a house with a heard of sewer rats!
spud

Postby Paul C » Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:38 pm

It really depresses me thinking about sharing with them, it won't be 'home' if you share with someone else :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:12 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:I agree with The rock leave things the way they are till we start winning something.

Probably, the most sensible comment all round. !!
Let's get the team ''rocking and rolling'' then we can take over the entire Stanley Park or North Docks and build a ground as big as the ''Nou Camp'' while Everton groundshare with Tranmere Rovers on a sandbank in the Mersey.  :D   :D
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Dom1 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:44 pm

if u look at the big derbies around the world the merseyside derby is one if not the biggest, but nonetheless its still all a big day out for both set of fans and 99% of the time there is no love lost between friends whatever the outcome !!

that aside i think the groundsharing idea is not bad at all and im all for it !!
but thats just my view....
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby crazyhorse » Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:49 pm

No chance. Share Anfield? have Evershitte fans sitting on the Kop.

*ll*c*ks
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:56 pm

Definetly a big "no". :angry:
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:00 pm

Woollyback wrote:Why should we buy a ground for the bluesh*te to use? It's not as if they'd have any money to put into it :angry:

exactly
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:08 pm

Redrider wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:I agree with The rock leave things the way they are till we start winning something.

Let's get the team ''rocking and rolling'' then we can take over the entire Stanley Park or North Docks and build a ground as big as the ''Nou Camp'' while Everton groundshare with Tranmere Rovers on a sandbank in the Mersey.  :D   :D

Dom1
LFC Guru Member
that aside i think the groundsharing idea is not bad at all and im all for it !!

--------------

Dom sat on a sandbank in the mersey, with his bucket and spade !!   :D   :D   :D
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:21 pm

Redrider wrote:
Redrider wrote:

Dom1
LFC Guru Member

--------------

Dom sat on a sandbank in the mersey, with his bucket and spade !!   :D   :D   :D

:laugh:  :D  :laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:51 pm

a.ssholes
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby lakes10 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:01 pm

BBC NEWS
Liverpool have moved swiftly to reject any suggestion they would consider sharing their new stadium with Everton.
The Reds have always said they will not allow their neighbours to move into the new ground even if overheads mount - amid reports it is now costing £100m.

But the Department of Culture, Media and Sport claimed a meeting between the two clubs and Sports Minister Richard Caborn was set up.

Liverpool spokesman Ian Cotton said: "Our position remains unchanged."

A Department of Culture, Media and Sport spokesman had suggested that Caborn - receptive to the idea of ground shares - had been invited to discuss the issue with the two Merseyside clubs at a meeting next Wednesday.

Caborn has influence with the Regional Development Agency, which could provide some funds and Liverpool City Council is also keen to promote sharing.

"Mr Caborn has had a request to convene a meeting.

"He is more than willing to talk through the issues. He is generally behind the concept of ground-sharing and has supported the recent agreement between Leicester City and Leicester Tigers."

The cost of Liverpool's proposed new 60,000-seat stadium has risen from an original £80m to more than £100m, according to reports.

But Rick Parry, the Anfield chief executive, has said his club would pull out of building their new ground if costs spiralled, rather than share with Everton.
Everton previously had plans to build their own new ground at King's Dock but that was shelved due to cost.

Keith Wyness, the Everton chief executive, appeared to confirm that a meeting would be taking place.

He told the Liverpool Echo newspaper on Friday: "It is another one in a series of meetings related to that subject.

"We will be attending with an open mind to listen to any ideas that are put forward."

But Liverpool spokesman Cotton added: "We have asked the North West Development Agency to consider our grant application on the basis of our single club use of a new stadium. This is a point we have made repeatedly to the NWDA.

"This application isn't just about a new stadium. It is about a project which will act as a major catalyst for the regeneration of the whole of North Liverpool.

"It will bring proven benefits to the whole of the local community and it is time there were signs of real progress on delivering these."

And Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has insisted a groundshare would be a bad idea.

"Talk of two teams sharing a stadium always causes problems and in my view it would not work," the Spaniard told his club's website.

"It would not be good for the pitch, because obviously there would be double the amount of games played on it, and it would not be good for the supporters of Liverpool or Everton.

"True, Inter and AC share a stadium in Milan, but look at their pitch. It is not good. Also, in terms of atmosphere it is better that a team plays in its own stadium.

"In five years time we hope to be playing good football in our own new stadium," added Benitez.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:05 pm

It would be better if we did not make a new stadium period. We should use the money for new signings instead but that's just my opinion.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:03 am

It wont ever happen but why he hell are they attending this meeting. Lets face it, if we dont want it and Everton fans dont want it, its never going to materialise. If all they are telling us is true then the get together on Wednesday is a waste of everyones time. God only knows whats going on  :)
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:25 am

Redrider wrote:Could be a very sensible move for everyone concerned.
Input of Government money, Local Development Agency funding etc.
This would allow LFC to concentrate on building the team.

but we will still have problems all management is doing is pushing our problems aside rather than dealing with them right now when they are still relatively small in size. all we are doing is leting us down the road deal with our problems, and what will that solve? ???
JACK SHI*T
basically management is making another stupid decision at the cost of the team
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion