Greame souness - Not good

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby murphy0151 » Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:48 am

Anyone thinking the same as me on this one.  I am not a fan off Greame but whats going to happen to him, I wouldnt wish on anyone.   Where talking about a fella with a very dodgy ticker here, i dont think its a good idea fo him to be at a club like Newcastle.   The fans are allready on his case now, just wait to till easter there going to be even worse.  The stress that hes going to be under is going to be to much.   Whats the Newcastle charmains name Freddy Shepard, well if i was him id sack him now before its to late.

I am off to the bookies to see if they will take a bet on Souness to snuff it before next christmas.  :oh:
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby azriahmad » Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:23 am

Murphy0151, I don't know if you are old enough to have any memories of Graeme Souness as a Liverpool player.

He may be a failure when he was the manager from 1991 to 1993/4 but as a player and our midfield guvnor, he was peerless.

I wish him well at Newcastle or anywhere else, as long as his team finish below us. I don't know what is happening to his managerial career as his team is having such a wretched run, as did Blackburn early on in the season when he was still there. perhaps he is not destinide to be a successful manager.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:27 am

I remember Mr Souness as a player, No one has ever been as good as him.  Best midfielder ever in my book
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby murphy0151 » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:35 am

azriahmad wrote:Murphy0151, I don't know if you are old enough to have any memories of Graeme Souness as a Liverpool player.

He may be a failure when he was the manager from 1991 to 1993/4 but as a player and our midfield guvnor, he was peerless.

I wish him well at Newcastle or anywhere else, as long as his team finish below us. I don't know what is happening to his managerial career as his team is having such a wretched run, as did Blackburn early on in the season when he was still there. perhaps he is not destinide to be a successful manager.

Where have I said that he wasnt a good player or more to the point where have I stated that he was a bad player I havent.

The day Souness published his story to the rag on the annivarsary off Hillsbrough.  He lost the respect off many thousands off Liverpool fans most off them being from Liverpool.   

Souness is a ******!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An no am not old enough to have remmeerbered him but I have seen enough off him on vids and no one can dout the fact he was Awesome, but thats besides the point.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby azriahmad » Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:37 pm

Not trying to defend him but people make mistakes in life, especially after going through a life changing and life threathening experience like an open heart surgery like he did when he sold his story to The Sun.

I am not from England but I was in England during the period between 1988 to 1993 and I remember the uproar at the time.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:43 pm

murphy0151 wrote:Whats the Newcastle charmains name Freddy Shepard, well if i was him id sack him now before its to late.

freddie shepherd's the one who should be sacked. however, the fact that he has increased his stake in the club to 45% means this will never happen. any guy who calls the women of his own city "dogs", whinges about the cost of shirt sales and has proceeded to sack 3 managers 6 GAMES into a season doesn't deserve to run a football club.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:09 pm

murphy0151 wrote:I am off to the bookies to see if they will take a bet on Souness to snuff it before next christmas.  :oh:

I hope they take your money.

I always remember Souness for the player he was anything else I have already forgiven and wish him well .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby taff » Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:29 pm

I think he took the Liverpool job from his heart but probably wasnt ready to run a club like that, with respect to Rangers etc it wasnt good grounding for the premiership for a young manager like himself.

He mad mistakes and probably regrets them but its obvious to anybody that he loves the club
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:49 pm

taff wrote:I think he took the Liverpool job from his heart but probably wasnt ready to run a club like that, with respect to Rangers etc it wasnt good grounding for the premiership for a young manager like himself.

He mad mistakes and probably regrets them but its obvious to anybody that he loves the club

True, he recently admitted that he made mistakes as mgr at Liverpool and that the job came far to early in his management career.
Did you see him pat the "This is Anfield" sign as Newcastle walked out on sunday ? . LFC will always be part of him.
:)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby The_Rock » Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:11 pm

I prefer to remember souness as a player. As a manager...don't wanna really comment.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:32 pm

murphy0151 wrote:I am off to the bookies to see if they will take a bet on Souness to snuff it before next christmas.  :oh:

the odds on Souness being sacked have recently been slashed from 25/1 to 10/1
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:13 pm

Souness is a ****** these days. He's only doing it to ****** us off!!

I mean, Shearer, Ameobi, Kluivert, Bellamy... not as if they're short of quality is it?
115-1073096938

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:20 pm

To be fair, I think he's walked into a team high on quality but low on form. Shearer's loss is a huge blow, and they've struggled to turn good passages of play into wins. On present form, I think they're in for a very hard season. I'd go so far as to say that they're going to struggle to get any kind of European football next year unless good signings are made, particularly at the back.

I'm certainly not surprised that they're in for both Boumsong and Morientes. If they were to land both those players, I'm sure they'd improve dramatically. If I'm honest though, I don't think they'll get either.

So yeah - while I think Souness is a bit limited as a manager, I think Newcastle's recent results have been more because the players are underachieving more than the manager not getting tactics right.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Redrider » Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:08 am

On Match of the Day for the Newcastle game, they had a camera in the passageway between the dressing rooms and when Souness came into view they followed him down the corridor to the steps. When he passed under the sign ''This is Anfield'' he reached up and touched the Liver Bird.     Old superstition or what ?  ???
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:51 am

Dissappointed with your last comment murph..Souness was a magnificent player for us and I have a great regard for the man,despite his failings as a manager and one small,misguided indiscretion of selling a story to the "scum".
  Now for my rant...I'm sick and tired of certain so called Liverpool fans,who in their "wisdom" feel it right to condemn everyone and everything that comes within eyesight of the scum rag paper.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion