Graeme souness - Autobiography

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:39 pm

roy evans twice finished in the premierships top three, and that was without spending £120m. we also threw caution to the wind back then, rather than being cautious, especially at home. in the 1996-97 season our home record was P 19 W14 D4 L1. compare that to the debacle of the last couple of seasons (9 games lost) and maybe evans didn't do that bad afterall.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Big Niall » Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:06 pm

I reckon David James cost us the league one year, cannot remember the year though, all the disapointments kind of roll into one.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:09 pm

Big Niall wrote:I reckon David James cost us the league one year, cannot remember the year though, all the disapointments kind of roll into one.

yeah i remember a mate of mine saying at the time that he would rather have grobelaar in goal trying to throw a game than david james trying to win one.

i thought that was quite funny myself!

:D  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Big Niall » Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:18 pm

Ha ,ha , yeah - it is true.

When he was signed from Watford, I remember somebody saying he good be as good as banks, well I suppose banks is about 65 and blind in one eye so james is nearly there.

Why do city keep buying Liverpool has beens? have they seen Biscan, Smicer, Cheyrou, Diao, Diouf, Murphy, Hamann, Traore? will the sack KK for GH?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:58 pm

If David James played for Liverpool the way he now plays for England We'd have won a hell of alot more.  In my opinion James' performances and buying Phil Babb on the back of his performances at USA '94 were what knackered Roy Evans.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion