Greame souness - Not good

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dalglish » Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:43 am

We are missing the point here I fear ???  Whatever you believe about Souness's general health and well being you can't use fear of him having a heart attack as some sort of defence against criticism. His start at Newcastle as manager has been poor and the Newcastle that arrived at Anfield last Sunday were inferior to the Newcastle that played us last season.

Souness's record in the Prem is no great shakes and in my opinion he has been found out at this high level.

As a player he had few if any who were the match of him, as a manager average at best.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:55 am

As a manager he hasnt cut it for me although I really do hope he succeeds at Newcastle. They say he has a tough streak,iron rod etc and in todays game ,unless you are at the very top teams,it doesnt work in this world of over inflated egos and wages. But as a player he was awesome.In his first 6 seasons -Liverpool won the league 5 times and he only missed 20 games in that period. Sampdoria came to watch Bryan Robson -went home raving about Souness. He sweated blood for our team at a time when they earned their wage packets.Looking forward to his book. :)
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wiped » Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:31 am

The_Rock wrote:I prefer to remember souness as a player. As a manager...don't wanna really comment.

Ditto
wiped
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:28 pm

supersub wrote:
murphy0151 wrote:I am off to the bookies to see if they will take a bet on Souness to snuff it before next christmas.  :oh:

Dissappointed with your last comment murph..Souness was a magnificent player for us and I have a great regard for the man,despite his failings as a manager and one small,misguided indiscretion of selling a story to the "scum".
  Now for my rant...I'm sick and tired of certain so called Liverpool fans,who in their "wisdom" feel it right to condemn everyone and everything that comes within eyesight of the scum rag paper.

£Why whats wrong with the comment mate, am not saying I want him to I just think he will be brown bread before next crimbo.  The bookies will probably think am going to kill him if I sasked them about that bet.  Dont ya reckon.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:36 pm

murphy0151 wrote:£Why whats wrong with the comment mate, am not saying I want him to I just think he will be brown bread before next crimbo.  The bookies will probably think am going to kill him if I sasked them about that bet.  Dont ya reckon.

Not funny Murph.Thats what I reckon.
Tell yer what though, You go an tell Souness face to face about your bet and I'll send you a get well card .
****** !   :kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:13 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
murphy0151 wrote:£Why whats wrong with the comment mate, am not saying I want him to I just think he will be brown bread before next crimbo.  The bookies will probably think am going to kill him if I sasked them about that bet.  Dont ya reckon.

Not funny Murph.Thats what I reckon.
Tell yer what though, You go an tell Souness face to face about your bet and I'll send you a get well card .
****** !   :kungfu:

:D
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion