Best ever manager - Souness vote is laughable

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:46 pm

fact is, Rafa has done the impossible with us.  He's taken a team of average players (excluding the obvious exceptions) and made them European Champions....he deserves every vote
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby H_K_LFC » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:31 pm

I agree rafa will be top in a couple of years....jus got a feeling lol :D
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:38 pm

7_Kewell wrote:fact is, Rafa has done the impossible with us.  He's taken a team of average players (excluding the obvious exceptions) and made them European Champions....he deserves every vote

Shankly did a hell of a lot more than that, think about where we were when he took over and when he left. Paisely won everything. Fagan had an extremely successfull year, winning the treble, and would have continued to be a good manager if it wasn't for Heysell.
I'm not really sure what order Rafa and Dalglish should be in. Houllier was much better than Evans or Souness.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafas Amigo » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:42 pm

who voted for souness? these people sat down and came up with Magnum P.I. as liverpools best ever manager !!! ???
JAMIE '  ILL STAY TILL THE CLUB DOSENT WANT ME  ' CARRAGHER
Rafas Amigo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopboyau » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:59 pm

Graeme Souness - Sympathy votes I think
:D
Kopboyau
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafas Amigo » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:02 pm

Sympathy for what? on your bike Graeme  -  great player :censored: manager
JAMIE '  ILL STAY TILL THE CLUB DOSENT WANT ME  ' CARRAGHER
Rafas Amigo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:43 am

Houllier's votes came from cured insomniacs.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:44 am

I would put Paisley first and Shanks second, only because Bob Paisley was our most successful manager ever even though Bill Shankly is widely credited for building the foundations.

Bob had ingeneously rebuilt the successful Liverpool team after the 1976/77 season with the astute purchases of the "jock trio" of Dalglish-Souness-Hansen and propelled the team to even greater success. His team also kept it simple but pressed the opposition out of the game and which then became the inspiration to Arrigio Saachi at AC Milan in the mid to late 80s.

As for Souness, he was a great player with a never-say-die attitude, vision, skills and leagership few could match. I believe that as a player, even Gerrard with his tremendous natural abilities sitll have a long way to reach Souness' level. It's a shame that he turned out to be such a poor manager. I grew up watching Souness bossing the Liverpool midfield like no other Liverpool player since. If you can capture his desire and will to win and can then divide it among the present players, 10% or 20% of it would be enough to turn Kewell into a world beater.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion