GLEN JOHNSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:41 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
dawson99 wrote:cigs, the chants on kenny had no bearing, did the players tell you that?

The chants where after the final whistle so how did they effect the game?

Ive spoken to a good few people that where there yesterday and Carra told our fans to fuck off and shut it pr!cks, great stuff from the scouse Guardiola dont you think?

Its his fault hodgsons here hope hes happy with his choice.

Its carraghers fault Hodgson is here?
Really?
How?
???

(allegedly) he was one of the main instigators in removing the former manager. Him and Stevie, and they were both 'consulted' by Cecile on choice of a new manager.

Cecile maybe gone but his legacy lives on..  :glare:
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red-er-Dare » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:43 pm

I heard Carragher refused to play at RB against Middlesborough a while back under Rafa and Skertel played there instead.

Apparently Carragher blew his lid and said something along the lines of 'it's your fault your bought so much shi.te'

'apparently' ???
Red-er-Dare

Postby dawson99 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:43 pm

bavlondon wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
dawson99 wrote:cigs, the chants on kenny had no bearing, did the players tell you that?

Ive spoken to a good few people that where there yesterday and Carra told our fans to fuck off and shut it pr!cks, great stuff from the scouse Guardiola dont you think?

Really?
How?
???

(allegedly) he was one of the main instigators in removing the former manager. Him and Stevie, and they were both 'consulted' by Cecile on choice of a new manager.

i thought the main instigator was us being shit?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:44 pm

bavlondon wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

Really?
How?
???

Good for them. He needed to go.
I dont think they should have had so much of a say in his replacement though?
Thommo's perm

Postby Ciggy » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:49 pm

dawson99 wrote:As soon as anyone questions an ex manager or supports the current manager, no matter what hes done for our club, he should be shipped to Bolton... man we're fantastic fans :D

He said last season if Rafa didnt play him every game  he would leave and go to Bolton.

Within months Rafa has gone, the day before the new owners take over under Purslows watch Carra gets a 2 year bumper contract extention for over 90 grand a week
hmmmmmmmm.....................

The day Rafa got sacked the scouse Guardiola was on a flight to South Africa, Rafa said senior squad players went behind his back, a few weeks later at the testimonial Gerard Houllier was sat beside Roy in the dugout, where was Rafa Benitez?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:49 pm

the irony of hodgson telling somebody else to "get their act together" is astonishing.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:52 pm

stmichael wrote:the irony of hodgson telling somebody else to "get their act together" is astonishing.

so its not the managers job to say if his RB needs to sort it out?

LOL, where did you cut and paste that response from?
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:59 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

Really?
How?
???

Good for them. He needed to go.
I dont think they should have had so much of a say in his replacement though?

Dunno mate, that's just what I heard at the time. I'm sure we will all find out as soon as Steven releases the next edition of his autobiography.  :D

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:01 pm

Ciggy wrote:
dawson99 wrote:sorry dude, im lost, what things did he say, allegedly? im missing it all lol

Hes appoligised for his outburst over glen Johnson, and this is also rubbish the chants for Dalglish where after the game and had no bearing on the result.

Hodgson: Dalglish chants do not help Liverpool

By ESPNsoccernet staff

November 14, 2010

Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson was disappointed to hear fans chanting for former boss Kenny Dalglish during Saturday's 2-0 defeat to Stoke and said such singing is unhelpful to the club.

A recent revival in Liverpool's form was brought to a halt at the Britannia Stadium as goals from Kenwyne Jones and Ricardo Fuller condemned Hodgson's side to a fifth defeat in their opening 13 league games.

Towards the end of the tie, Liverpool supporters chanted the name of Dalglish, who put himself forward as a candidate to replace Rafa Benitez in the summer, only to see the board opt to recruit Hodgson from Fulham.

Hodgson believes that such a public show of support for the former Liverpool player and manager is not aiding the team's cause.

"That seems like it is going to be part of life at Liverpool," Hodgson said. "I think we are trying to do the best job we can in the circumstances and I don't know that that type of singing helps anyone.

"But I didn't hear it and I am sure there are lots of fans who sympathise with us and what we are trying to do."

Hodgson has also been forced to apologise if his recent comments about Glen Johnson have been interpreted as a criticism of the right back. The manager said his player was not performing like an England regular but with reports claiming the comments have angered Johnson, Hodgson has sought to defuse the row.

"We all want Glen Johnson to find his England form, but that has nothing to do with him being injured at the moment," Hodgson said. "That was just a general comment that I think I was entitled to make.

"We have a player with ability and we are hoping he is going to bring that ability to the team because we want to use it help us win matches. It is no good being a player with great ability if you are not bringing that on to the field of play.

"We know Glen can and will do that but first and foremost Glen has to get fit and I'm hoping that will be the case by next Sunday [at home to West Ham] because he has made good progress. He as well as I knows this season he hasn't reached that form very often - it amazes me that when you make a statement of such obvious voracity people want to make headlines out of it.

"Everyone is saying what I am saying. I hope I am honest and I hope the players are honest. I didn't realise I had been accused of criticising him; I don't normally criticise my players and I'm sorry if that has been suggested."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news....ccernet

One of Hodgsons "faults" is his honesty. If he said Johnson is under-achieving and a show pony who cares more about his hair and playing for england then he is 100% correct.
maybe he should keep his opinions to himself though...
Thommo's perm

Postby Masch79 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:08 pm

dawson99 wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

Really?
How?
???

So daws do you think that a) Carra and Stevie had nothing to do with Benitez being sacked and b) they had no say in who should replace him?

The two (a & b) are completely separate incidents imo. Even if they believe that they were right to try & oust RB, they should still by now be able to admit that they were wrong about RH.

As for Glenda, good on him I'm feckin fed up with Roy's boring tactics n all. More importantly I bet Pepe is fed up of trying to kick it to to the man on the feckin moon and Nando is fed up of siitting up there on the moon by his bas.tard self.
Masch79

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:13 pm

Masch79 wrote:I'm feckin fed up with Roy's boring tactics n all. More importantly I bet Pepe is fed up of trying to kick it to to the man on the feckin moon and Nando is fed up of siitting up there on the moon by his bas.tard self.

:D

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:38 pm

Masch79 wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

Really?
How?
???

So daws do you think that a) Carra and Stevie had nothing to do with Benitez being sacked and b) they had no say in who should replace him?

The two (a & b) are completely separate incidents imo. Even if they believe that they were right to try & oust RB, they should still by now be able to admit that they were wrong about RH.

As for Glenda, good on him I'm feckin fed up with Roy's boring tactics n all. More importantly I bet Pepe is fed up of trying to kick it to to the man on the feckin moon and Nando is fed up of siitting up there on the moon by his bas.tard self.

i think a lot had to do with the ex manager going

i think its hilarious that everyone on here slates Johnson, but as soon as the manager does hes suddenly awesome again
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:00 pm

I've always backed Johnson, at his best he's top class offensively and solid defensively. He was magic when he first arrrived but as the team went to :censored: so did he and so did everyone else. If we ever got back to playing some football he could be as good as anyone at RB.  I still back him to find his form eventually and selling him is a mistake if it were to happen.  We just have a bad team atm and it makes everyone look awful, everyone looks like :censored: most of the time.  Johno just has his price tag hanging over him and its a shame he's slagged off so much because of it.
Zidane

Postby Ciggy » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:04 pm

Johnson went down hill when the england boo boys got on his back and in and out the team with injury hasnt helped either, I also think Skyrtel hasnt been the same player since he got injured at City a few seasons ago.
like Momo for some reason other never regained form after being injured.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:33 pm

Ciggy wrote:
dawson99 wrote:As soon as anyone questions an ex manager or supports the current manager, no matter what hes done for our club, he should be shipped to Bolton... man we're fantastic fans :D

He said last season if Rafa didnt play him every game  he would leave and go to Bolton.

Within months Rafa has gone, the day before the new owners take over under Purslows watch Carra gets a 2 year bumper contract extention for over 90 grand a week
hmmmmmmmm.....................

The day Rafa got sacked the scouse Guardiola was on a flight to South Africa, Rafa said senior squad players went behind his back, a few weeks later at the testimonial Gerard Houllier was sat beside Roy in the dugout, where was Rafa Benitez?

Carra got a new deal because his services to the club warranted that.. He's still our best CB and despite having a rough start to the season his form picked up in recent weeks and he's performed admirably..

Im not his biggest fan (as a player) but unlike you i respect what the guy did for the club... Its beyond pathetic what you're trying to do here... To be perfectly honest I think your bitterness towards the manager has far surpassed what many would call unhealthy and now you ramble your nonsense on every thread like a crazed buffoon.. I (along with many other fans, im sure) would have lost a lot of respect for the club and management if Carra's contract wasnt renewed (wages are a different matter) ..

Regarding the Johnson thing, its funny how different people can read the same thing and see it in different ways... From his earlier quotes i thought Roy was pretty clear in stating that Johnson's ability should see him playing at the very top level rather than the mediocre form he's been showing of late... In saying that he admits that Johnson is a quality player and that the level of expectations given his quality is a little higher than average.. You amongst others however just read the thing and though : " Hodgson called Johnson sht !"

Getting a little boring now... I dont think many (if any) would argue that Roy is struggling at the moment but you just seem to be enjoying it more than most...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion