Fsv mainz 05 v liverpool - Pre-season friendly

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:54 pm

LFC #1 wrote:
0asis wrote:How about you tell that to the German fans who got thumped 5-1 against England and didn't give a :censored:.

Are you having a laugh with this statement?  I know I'm nit-picking but to claim the Germans didn't care about lsoing 5-1 to one of their biggest rivals on home soil shows one of two things:

1) You don't know many Germans, if any.
2) Your'e very naive.

It's like if Mexico lost to USA 5-1 in Mexico City (not that it will probably ever happen).

If it was a friendly I wouldn't care or a qualifier, if it was in the finals then yeah I'd be :censored: off, it would be a similar situation if Liverpool got trounced 5-0 in a league match.
48-1119859832

Postby PureLoneWolf » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:21 pm

LFC #1 wrote:
0asis wrote:How about you tell that to the German fans who got thumped 5-1 against England and didn't give a :censored:.

Are you having a laugh with this statement?  I know I'm nit-picking but to claim the Germans didn't care about lsoing 5-1 to one of their biggest rivals on home soil shows one of two things:

2) Your'e very naive.

It's like if Mexico lost to USA 5-1 in Mexico City (not that it will probably ever happen).

For the record, I know quite a few Germans... I am living in Frankfurt at the mo.  So I asked around friends, the neighbours and people at the pub.

The overriding answer was that they were :censored: off in the extreme on the day, mainly due to the opposition - Nothing to do with the importance of the game.  Basically, if it had been against Man U or Everton they would have been :censored: off in our shoes.  By a week later, they weren't that bothered at all.

Most of them found it funny that England placed so much emphasis on it.  You forget, Germany were 3 points clear at the top of the table - It was never going to stop them qualifying.

Obviously I couldn't poll everyone in Frankfurt, but I asked about 30 Germans :D

Hope that helped ;)
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." Bill Shankly

"If we lose the ball up front, if the opposition player manages to get past our forwards, and then get past me, its ok, cos I know Carra's behind me, and they aint getting past him" - Stevie G
PureLoneWolf

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:53 am

I didn't like the 5-0 defeat obviously. It's hardly ideal preparation although I totally understood why it happened and the circumstances behind it. At the end of the day I don't read too much into preseason. Last season we went unbeaten in pre-season and our forwards were all scoring for fun. However when the league started we failed to score in three of our first four games.

The real stuff starts on Wednesday though, and that result will have a massive impact on our season. The charity shield will be important for me as well because of who we're playing and the fact that i'll be there giving their gobsh#te set of fans a load of grief!
Last edited by stmichael on Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:09 pm

PureLoneWolf wrote:
LFC #1 wrote:

2) Your'e very naive.

For the record, I know quite a few Germans... I am living in Frankfurt at the mo.  So I asked around friends, the neighbours and people at the pub.

The overriding answer was that they were :censored: off in the extreme on the day, mainly due to the opposition - Nothing to do with the importance of the game.  Basically, if it had been against Man U or Everton they would have been :censored: off in our shoes.  By a week later, they weren't that bothered at all.

Most of them found it funny that England placed so much emphasis on it.  You forget, Germany were 3 points clear at the top of the table - It was never going to stop them qualifying.

Obviously I couldn't poll everyone in Frankfurt, but I asked about 30 Germans :D

Hope that helped ;)

:)
48-1119859832

Postby CardinalRed » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:14 pm

Good point Oasis, and the Germans did get to the World Cup Final off the back of that qualifier (eventually!) so it's a bit early for the doom-mongers to be counting out losing chickens eh?

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:33 pm

The Germans will try to tell you they wernt bothered who won the war next. :D
account deleted by request

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:34 pm

s@int wrote:The Germans will try to tell you they wernt bothered who won the war next. :D

There is never a victor in war.

However there is in football and Germany are better by a country mile, one bad result for the Germans won't change that.
48-1119859832

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:38 pm

We are a better team than the Germans, and yes we did win the war as well.We just lost the peace!

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:40 pm

Saint, you keep telling yourself that you're better than the Germans, and no one wins war, both sides lost the day the first person lost his life fighting.
48-1119859832

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:43 pm

If Germany had won the gas chambers might be now settling this dispute. I call that a victory dont you?

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:46 pm

Both sides are at fault in war, there is no winner, there's only tears and bloodshed and if you call that victory, you're a very twisted person.
48-1119859832

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:48 pm

0asis wrote:
s@int wrote:The Germans will try to tell you they wernt bothered who won the war next. :D

However there is in football and Germany are better by a country mile, one bad result for the Germans won't change that.

You actually think at this moment Germany have a better football team than England  :laugh:

We might get carried away and think we are better than we actually are, but no matter how they did in this world cup, we are definately better at this moment in time than the germans.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:50 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
0asis wrote:

You actually think at this moment Germany have a better football team than England  :laugh:

We might get carried away and think we are better than we actually are, but no matter how they did in this world cup, we are definately better at this moment in time than the germans.

If you say so, I don't really care what you think and it's all about World Cups and where you finish, therefore the Germans are better and have always been better apart from 1966.  :sleep
48-1119859832

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:51 pm

Since when did we invade Poland? I was sure that was Germany. I cant remember the last time I went watching the Jews the retards and the communists being taken to the gas chambers. I must remember to go this weekend.

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:54 pm

s@int wrote:Since when did we invade Poland? I was sure that was Germany. I cant remember the last time I went watching the Jews the retards and the communists being taken to the gas chambers. I must remember to go this weekend.

The Germans are wrong on that part, I'm not condoning there behaviour, but allowing Pearl Harbour to be bombed and blowing up Dresden are also sickening acts. As I said there are no winners in war and we can point the finger at any side, person or organisation that doesn't change the fact that the innocent suffered and lives were lost to no cause of their own.
48-1119859832

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion