Fsv mainz 05 v liverpool - Pre-season friendly

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:34 am

If Liverpool had been on a money grabbing tour in the USA OR far East I would be less bothered. The fact that they deliberately chose to have a proper pre-season, rather than a money making one ,only emphasises the importance to the team. We all know we need a flying start this season. To then have the games go so badly wrong is a big setback, and Rafa will have to work hard now to restore confidence and belief before the important games start.
account deleted by request

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:43 am

green apes2002 wrote:liver chicken pool you not afraid from israel you afraid from maccabi haifa in israel

Why dont you fukk off you yutz..and putz!...or better still go and stand on the Lebanese border...waving that rag you call the Israeli flag. :wwww
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby daxy1 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:42 pm

REDTILLDEAD wrote:
green apes2002 wrote:liver chicken pool you not afraid from israel you afraid from maccabi haifa in israel

Why dont you fukk off you yutz..and putz!...or better still go and stand on the Lebanese border...waving that rag you call the Israeli flag. :wwww

yeah you camel ridin cokc jockey fukk off gimp boy....  :angry:

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Postby mybloodisgreen » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:39 pm

5 - 0

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
mybloodisgreen

Postby stmichael » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:53 pm

I recorded the game from DSF and if you play it backwards we come from 5-0 down to grab a pretty respectable draw. The lads looked pretty refreshed at the end too.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:38 pm

5 - 0 even in a pre season game is a joke.

Lets hope we turn things round
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:55 pm

It is the reason why we have pre season

not nice but it gives the manger a chance to try new things and rectify mistakes .

at the back we have been dropping clangers all over the shop but i bet all those at the back now are thinking about those errors and how to eliminate them from there game

worst thing about pre season is still seeing djimi and salif wearing our colours and how no one has bid big for dukek is beyond me surely we could do a deal with everscum and swap them three for cahill so he can come and do the bbq for the lads :D
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:29 pm

stmichael wrote:I recorded the game from DSF and if you play it backwards we come from 5-0 down to grab a pretty respectable draw. The lads looked pretty refreshed at the end too.

:D

Yeah, the only problem was the lads kept bottling their challenges!   :angry:  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:16 pm

Pre season has IMO been a f'ucking shambles . Whilst we've been dicking around with team formations and personnel whilst playing and losing against some decidedly average teams, the likes of Man U have lined up some serious opposition (Porto,Ajax ,Seville) and have been winning . :angry:

I hope Ace Ventura is right and that Rafa will be seething . His plans for a comfortable and positive pre season have exploded in his face .

Any Haifa fan can only be encouraged by the sight of LFC losing three games on the bounce and leaking goals left right and center .

For me the only positive about the pre season humiliation is that it has brought us back down to earth . Winning the prem this season may not be as easy as some of us thought .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:59 pm

0asis wrote:How about you tell that to the German fans who got thumped 5-1 against England and didn't give a :censored:.

Are you having a laugh with this statement?  I know I'm nit-picking but to claim the Germans didn't care about lsoing 5-1 to one of their biggest rivals on home soil shows one of two things:

1) You don't know many Germans, if any.
2) Your'e very naive.

It's like if Mexico lost to USA 5-1 in Mexico City (not that it will probably ever happen).
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:19 pm

0asis wrote:How about you tell that to the German fans who got thumped 5-1 against England and didn't give a :censored:

Oasis , i have to agree with LFC#1 here . You're talking absolute bollox .

The germans were absolutely gutted , the result ultimately meant that England qualified for the world cup whilst Germany having drawn their next match had to play a knockout qualifer against the Ukraine . To suggest that the germans didn't give a :censored: about being hammered 5-1 in a world cup qualifier is possibly the biggest load of tripe I've ever read .
Last edited by woof woof ! on Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:02 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
coddy wrote:
aCe' wrote:Rafa Benitez on today's game:

"The only positive to take from the game in Mainz is that it was a pre-season match. It is clear that we made a lot of mistakes and gifted them a lot of goals, but it wasn't an official game.

"In the first half I thought we were the stronger side but after the break we made too many mistakes. In fact we have made mistakes in all three of our European friendlies and that's not normal for us. It's not normal to see Liverpool conceding so many goals and that's why I'm not too worried. We know we need to correct things. We need to analyse why things have been going wrong and work hard to fix them.

"When we get home we can start a new week with a new mentality and a new idea and I'm sure we'll be much better on Wednesday when the official games begin."

I'm sorry but reading some of these arguements is really depressing. finger pointing never solved anything.

All i will say is that Rafa hit the nail on the head with what he said!! ^

TBH mate do you actually think Rafa meant what he said ?

That was said to the press, what is said to the players will be somthing totally different he is not the type of manager that trashes the players in public.

Rafa will be seething without a shadow of a doubt.

Spot on Ace.  We have learned from Rafa that he is very shrewd in what he says to the press.

Rafa in all honesty will be very unhappy with the results,  but I guess one thing with pre seasons is that it affords him the opportunity to try new things, iron out any concerns that he has.  Obviously plenty of mistakes were made but better they happen during pre season (Rafa will have the squad thinking very very hard about them) , so that Rafa can recify them pretty much straight away.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby GOAT » Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:25 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Pre season has IMO been a f'ucking shambles . Whilst we've been dicking around with team formations and personnel whilst playing and losing against some decidedly average teams, the likes of Man U have lined up some serious opposition (Porto,Ajax ,Seville) and have been winning . :angry:

I hope Ace Ventura is right and that Rafa will be seething . His plans for a comfortable and positive pre season have exploded in his face .

Any Haifa fan can only be encouraged by the sight of LFC losing three games on the bounce and leaking goals left right and center .

For me the only positive about the pre season humiliation is that it has brought us back down to earth . Winning the prem this season may not be as easy as some of us thought .

Hmm dont think any of us think that winning the league this season will be anything near "easy"! Its going to be bloody difficult, one of the toughest tasks we are up against is to win the league. Not sure if i needed bringing back to earth personally but if anyone else did then these pre season games would have certainly done that
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:17 pm

Fair comment Goat . "easy" was not the best expression to use .
In the euphoria that seemed to have bubbled up after the signings of Bellamy and Pennant it seemed to me that many in here felt we almost certainties to push for the title . Nothing is certain.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby E.Jack You Late » Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:10 pm

It’s never good to lose 3 games in a row and lose 5-0, even if it is in pre-season. But I’m not worried at all, the players have been very tired because of the extremely tough double training sessions and it is clearly showing in the matches, also integrating young and new players into a half fit team is never easy with many players playing out of position.

As long as we got a positive result against Haifa on Wednesday and look sharp against Chelsea in the charity shield then I will be happy. After a few league games when the new players are coming into a much more settled and familiar line up then we will see the best of our team. The first few league games will be much more about the result rather than the performance as our fitness wont be up to the high standards that we expect so it is easy to get caught out by highly motivated teams such a Sheffield Utd. I would pretty much stick to the team that played last season in the first few games with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions.

This result is not nice for the fans or the players, but a will be long forgotten after a few results in next couple of games.
E.Jack You Late

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion