Fsv mainz 05 v liverpool - Pre-season friendly

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:15 pm

If you say so Saint, I just don't appreciate some pueta telling me about how good our players are and what not.
48-1119859832

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:24 pm

I see but its OK for you to slag England off ? When one of your so called wonder kids makes it in EPL come back and we will talk. Till then via con dios compadre :D
account deleted by request

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:27 pm

I don't slag off England, I offer constructive criticism of what I've seen, you're commenting on things you don't have a slightest clue. I doubt you'll find many Mexican players in the EPL, their style would most likely clash with the league.
Last edited by 48-1119859832 on Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
48-1119859832

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:51 pm

Oasis strikes again...and there's a new combatant to joust with!  Saint, do yourself a favour and pack it in now, there's no reasoning with him when he's 'in the mood!' :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:00 pm

Bob, you make me out to be a person you can't have banter with, which is not true. I just don't like it when people start going on about things they don't know anything about, it's quite irritating. I'll admit when I'm wrong but on this occasion, like so many before, I'm correct.  :D
48-1119859832

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:22 pm

0asis wrote:Bob, you make me out to be a person you can't have banter with, which is not true. I just don't like it when people start going on about things they don't know anything about, it's quite irritating. I'll admit when I'm wrong but on this occasion, like so many before, I'm correct.  :D

So is this your idea of "banter"?  ???

0asis wrote:Both sides are at fault in war, there is no winner, there's only tears and bloodshed and if you call that victory, you're a very twisted person.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:26 pm

Well c'mon give me a break lad, It's my opinion.
48-1119859832

Postby PureLoneWolf » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:38 am

Umm - Saint, whilst I appreciate it is an attempt to backup your argument - We won the war :censored: is bigotted nonsense.

As for the England are better than the Germans.....being an Englishman myself, I find it laughable.  If you had made the statement before the world cup I would have been inclined to agree with you - But to say it a few weeks after the tournament where England could have done something to demonstrate this greatness, is just blind.

Now I appreciate that we can all blame Sven, or Beckham, or the colour of the :censored: jerseys - When it came to it, England were not better than the Germans.  In fact, making the statement when England have just been adopted by a waster of an EPL manager who was instrumental in the showing in this WC - Makes you laugh really...
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." Bill Shankly

"If we lose the ball up front, if the opposition player manages to get past our forwards, and then get past me, its ok, cos I know Carra's behind me, and they aint getting past him" - Stevie G
PureLoneWolf

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:46 am

0asis wrote:
s@int wrote:I have no idea, I follow England not some team halfway round the world. I wouldnt care if Mexico's youth were good, bad or indifferent, why should I?

Well you seem to like mouthing off about things, you know :censored: all about, so I thought I'd challenge you. I suggest you take a look at some of the youngster we house, especially in Europe before you starting saying we only have one good player.

It seems obvious to me that you quite enjoy mouthing off about things you know nothing about, such as football and history. You are becoming more of a joke by the day mate. No offence just my opinion.

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:05 am

PureLoneWolf wrote:Umm - Saint, whilst I appreciate it is an attempt to backup your argument - We won the war :censored: is bigotted nonsense.

As for the England are better than the Germans.....being an Englishman myself, I find it laughable.  If you had made the statement before the world cup I would have been inclined to agree with you - But to say it a few weeks after the tournament where England could have done something to demonstrate this greatness, is just blind.

Now I appreciate that we can all blame Sven, or Beckham, or the colour of the :censored: jerseys - When it came to it, England were not better than the Germans.  In fact, making the statement when England have just been adopted by a waster of an EPL manager who was instrumental in the showing in this WC - Makes you laugh really...

As I quoted earlier check the stats England are higher rated than Germany even after the world cup in which we did so poorly. We lost on penalties playing with 10 men. Germany playing at HOME lost 2-0.
         When did a German team last win a European Trophy?  Both at international level and club level we are much better. Liverpool v leverkusen? Chelsea v Bayern ? 
         What was the score the last time England played Germany, and which I believe is the only true test. Btw what did Germany playing at home do to prove their greatness? I would have expected a "better" side than England to have done better than go through on penalties and then crumble 2-0 against Italy.

I mentioned the war as a joke against the Germans saying they wern't bothered about losing 5-1. I then objected to Oasis saying we were equally to blame for the war.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby luvliverpool » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:40 am

LFC should NEVER lose 5-0 even if it is a pre season friendly........to concede 5 and not even score 1 does not do my confidence for this season any good at all
Anfield The Home And Heart Of Football
luvliverpool

Postby hello_red » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:55 am

hello,
after sifting through some :censored: about mexico vs england/england vs germany during the war! id like to get back to football, the way i see it is we lost lifes a bitch start worrying if it happens in the chamions league qualifier or charity shield! oh and by the way as im sure some of you are aware chelsea lost there first tour agme to Chicago and they have some very good and expensive players so think about it like this..... it was just a friendly! but we do need to improve.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:29 am

Chelsea lost one-nil to the Major League All Stars.

It's pretty surprising that Chelsea lost to a baseball team.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:11 am

s@int wrote:
PureLoneWolf wrote:Umm - Saint, whilst I appreciate it is an attempt to backup your argument - We won the war :censored: is bigotted nonsense.

As I quoted earlier check the stats England are higher rated than Germany even after the world cup in which we did so poorly. We lost on penalties playing with 10 men. Germany playing at HOME lost 2-0.
         When did a German team last win a European Trophy?  Both at international level and club level we are much better. Liverpool v leverkusen? Chelsea v Bayern ? 
         What was the score the last time England played Germany, and which I believe is the only true test. Btw what did Germany playing at home do to prove their greatness? I would have expected a "better" side than England to have done better than go through on penalties and then crumble 2-0 against Italy.

I mentioned the war as a joke against the Germans saying they wern't bothered about losing 5-1. I then objected to Oasis saying we were equally to blame for the war.

Statistics mean very little, if Statistics meant anything then why do people turn a blind eye to Fifa World Rankings? It's about what you do on the pitch. Germans are known for not taking qualifiers and friendlies seriously, they're quite happy to lose a few friendlies and the odd qualifier on route to the finals. Then when it comes to the finals, they step up a gear, do England? No, if anything they step down a gear. This World Cup is a direct showing of this statement.
Last edited by 48-1119859832 on Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
48-1119859832

Postby 48-1119859832 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:14 am

s@int wrote:
0asis wrote:
s@int wrote:I have no idea, I follow England not some team halfway round the world. I wouldnt care if Mexico's youth were good, bad or indifferent, why should I?

Well you seem to like mouthing off about things, you know :censored: all about, so I thought I'd challenge you. I suggest you take a look at some of the youngster we house, especially in Europe before you starting saying we only have one good player.

It seems obvious to me that you quite enjoy mouthing off about things you know nothing about, such as football and history. You are becoming more of a joke by the day mate. No offence just my opinion.

I mouth off about things I have a general knowledge about, you don't see me sitting there typing away about Columbia's football, because I don't know anything Columbian football.
48-1119859832

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion