LIVERPOOL VS WERDER BREMEN - Friendly

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JamCar05 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:21 pm

It certainly was exciting to see the new guys in action for the very first time, even though the game itself was naturally lacking intensity. Torres had a couple of good moves, a nice flick and seemed fast and strong. Nearly scored on two occasions (should have buried the first one, but in all fairness it was a quick reaction by their goalie too). Benayoun started of lively in my opinion, and showed some good touches on the ball. Faded as the game proceded though, but anyway it seemed encouraging enough, he should be able to fill in for Garcia. Babel didn't do too much in my eyes, even though de did manage to set himself up quite nicely for a (weak) shot. Seemed a bit too eager to impress though and fired a couple of weak shots straight at the goalie. I think he should be an asset though, once he relaxes a bit more. Otherwise: as people have already mentioned Voronin and Alonso did very well, while some work still needs to be done regarding the defence. But all in all quite confident and very excited about the season ahead after this game.
JamCar05

Postby redtrader74 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:34 pm

Defence looked very poor tonight, disjointed. Midfield looked on form, bar Benayoun for me, his final ball was rubbish. Xabi, Stevie, Sissoko on form, and Voronin reminded me of a fit not fat and on form Viduka, decent pace and strength, could be bargain of the year. Babel didn't get much of a chance to really get in the game, Torres looked classy, should have scored though.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby luvliverpool » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:01 am

Just watched the goals (thanks to Scouser til I die for posting them)

Voronin certainly looks good.

Hope the squad gels well quickly and, we start the Season off well!!!!!!!!
Anfield The Home And Heart Of Football
luvliverpool

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:36 am

announcer called him Vor-an- ine I had been saying it Vor- O- NIN the whole time. would really like to get this straight, as last year I called Kuyt a whole mess of things before Cowt which is how I think its supposed to be pronounced.
JoeTerp

Postby The_Rock » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:13 am

LittleHobo wrote:ryan babel reminded me of Henry mixed with maradonna with a touch of rivaldo in his prime

Seriously.....babel looked very average. i know its early days...but i think rafa payed over the odds for him.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cpc4eva » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:23 am

scouser 'til I die wrote:Too slow, I'll post them here instead then :D Just right click and click "save as" or "save link as"

1.Voronin
2.Riise
3.Voronin

good confident no hesitation strikes gives u confidence for the season ahead
cpc4eva

Postby atikiN » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:48 am

JoeTerp wrote:announcer called him Vor-an- ine I had been saying it Vor- O- NIN the whole time. would really like to get this straight, as last year I called Kuyt a whole mess of things before Cowt which is how I think its supposed to be pronounced.

You're right, the announcer is wrong. Also, in Ukraine, his nickname is Vorona, which means Crow (the bird)
atikiN

Postby Alanay » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:06 am

Need to strengthen the defence really.
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:27 am

Cracking goals. I'm not worried about the defence, with friendly's, no one ever goes in for a crunching tackle, i'll reserve judgement till after the Villa game.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KRobbo10 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:40 am

Except Carragher who got a yellow card :p

hopefully the ref wouldn't have put that through.
KRobbo10

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:42 am

ckay wrote:Cracking goals. I'm not worried about the defence, with friendly's, no one ever goes in for a crunching tackle, i'll reserve judgement till after the Villa game.

Haha apart from Carragher, who jumped into two with in minutes of coming on at half time  :D  Got booked for the second one as well.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kewell2Dominate » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:08 am

That will be right. Once we finally get our :censored: strikers working our defence turns to :censored:. I hope it won't be one of those years where we score 3 but concede 4. Do you think we might be a bit light on for defenders now?
Kewell2Dominate

Postby KRobbo10 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:12 am

Its nothing to get worried about to be honest remember its only pre-season.

The first goal came luckily of the cross bar to one of there players and the 2nd just looked like we wasn't concentrating properly, like Roy Evans said on commentary its not all about the results its about getting there fitness ready so I wouldn't read to much into it.
KRobbo10

Postby cpc4eva » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:37 am

KRobbo10 wrote:Its nothing to get worried about to be honest remember its only pre-season.

The first goal came luckily of the cross bar to one of there players and the 2nd just looked like we wasn't concentrating properly, like Roy Evans said on commentary its not all about the results its about getting there fitness ready so I wouldn't read to much into it.

good ol roy wats he upto these days ???

yes only pre season but defence is a worry of sorts.... get good reports about our midfielders and attackers but not about the defence clearly need to tighten up at the back...
cpc4eva

Postby duk » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:18 am

cpc4eva wrote:
KRobbo10 wrote:Its nothing to get worried about to be honest remember its only pre-season.

good ol roy wats he upto these days ???

yes only pre season but defence is a worry of sorts.... get good reports about our midfielders and attackers but not about the defence clearly need to tighten up at the back...

Coaching Wrexham

now has CBE after his name too
duk

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion