THRU THE WIND
WALK ON THRU THE RAIN
FOR YOUR DREAMS BE TOSSED AND BLOWN
WALK ON WALK ONNNNNNNNNNNN
WITH HOPE IN YOUR HEART
AND YOULL NEVER WALK ALONE
YOULLLLLLLLLLLLLL NEVER WALK ALONE
All together now  :love:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:33 pm

WHEN YOU WALKKKKKKKK THRU A STORM
HOLD YOUR HEAD UP HIGH
AND DONT BE AFRAID OF THE DARKKKKKKKKK
AT THE END OF THE STORM
THERES A GOLDEN SKY
AND THE SWEET SILVER SONG OF A LARK
WALK ONNNNNNNNNNNNNN
THRU THE WIND
WALK ON THRU THE RAIN
FOR YOUR DREAMS BE TOSSED AND BLOWN
WALK ON WALK ONNNNNNNNNNNN
WITH HOPE IN YOUR HEART

AND YOULL NEVER WALK ALONE
YOULLLLLLLLLLLLLL NEVER WALK ALONE :upside:  :upside:  :upside:  :upside:
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:35 pm

Thats the spirit son keep it goin good on yer lad :buttrock
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 65-1114725958 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:04 pm

passmeistro_#14 wrote:AND YOULL NEVER WALK ALONE
YOULLLLLLLLLLLLLL NEVER WALK ALONE :upside:  :upside:  :upside:  :upside:

And just for the chinese members of the forum................

AND YOU'LL NEVER WOK ALONE
YOULLLLLLLLLL NEVER WOK ALONE!

so get that stir fry cookin!>
65-1114725958

Postby A.B. » Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:17 pm

Sissoko, I can see why Benitez thinks that he will be like Vieira. When Vieira was younger and even rescently he's made rash tackles but they got under control under Wenger, Vieira was a firey midfielder when he first joined. Sissoko is like that as well but under Benitez he will be kept under control but he also gives us a big pressence in CM.

Basically there's a lot of simularities between Sissoko and Vieira, and he's only 20. Hell of a signing.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:37 pm

i can see sissoko getting a hell of a lot of yellow cards and even red cards at that!
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mikopool » Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:50 pm

I am excited about Sissoko, pure class is the making.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:45 am

Alfonso Alonso 1 wrote:Baros Headless chicken? you wearing stevie wonder's glasses today?

Baros showed the world class speed and quality, as to why we should not sell him! did you see the contrast of Crouch and Baros in both halfs.

bingo......

you just have to wonder what baros has to do. He was the best LFC player there today and he still gets called headless chicken... ? i can't believe it.

Morientas was poor again. and so was garcia...but no-one mentions about them....

Lets give due where its due...... I know some member's brains here will automatically load a headless chicken picture when they see baros... so no matter what he does , they just see a headless chicken.....

and i think more and more members here are having this virus...  :p

But i have to say, i was pretty happy with medjani (at CB) and whitebread. Yeah they made some mistakes, but they looked pretty good there. They will make good cover for the CBs. But we have to get replacement for hyppia. In the 1st half, you can see how he performs against pacy strikers.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gary106 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:23 am

i have to agree with the keeping of baros, he works loads for the team and proved what a good player he is lastnight. i dont see why we cant have 4 quality strikers anyway to be honest. crouch, baros, cisse and nando! what happens if one gets injured? fair enough theres le-tallec, mellor and fsp but they arnt as good as the other 4 in my opinion.
gary106

Postby red37 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:36 am

it would have been interesting to see crouch stay on second half, to receive zenden's crosses (and warnocks!)

baros played well. well enough you might think to look like a desperate man? or one in the shop window?  ???

i must say though that first half we looked very jaded, i mean sami,didi and stevie etc in particular.
then we picked up second half BUT last twenty minutes AGAIN we switch off. i agree with the post about (wrexham, tns olympiacos) and let goals in. :(  bit worrying, but hey as evryone says its pre-season so what? ???)

er..................

we NEED cover in this dept. FAST

sissoko looked GOOD if a little eager to impress. bit like diao when he came in..LUNGING TWO FOOTERS!
but the lad is obviously class. rafa will temper him.
i DONT agree over morientes being poor. i thought he looked sharpER.
cisse for me starts on fire then disappears??
ive noticed a couple of shrugged shoulders and other body signs there.again pre season??
potter did OK again but he aint R.Midfield/wing

overall satisfactory and quite entertaining. but having seen all 5 games so far, there is clear areas of weakness.
time and rafa will tell. 

:;):

two-penneth over

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby The Ace1983 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:41 am

I'd be interested to see Crouch and Baros play together. The lanky awkward one and the little scurrying one. Why do I now have the mental image of Bambi and Thumper? :D
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:47 am

Morientes played v.well! He took his goal excellently and his reverse pass thru to Baros was sublime! Ok, his touch let him down a couple of times, but didn't everyones?

I thought Hyypia was run ragged by Rivaldo - Rivaldo's 32-33 don't forget and he laced Hyypia a few times for pace. Zenden's crossing was fantastic at times, something we certainly didn't have last season.

One guy I haven't been inpressed with so far in pre-season is Le Tallec. He's not shown anything to convince me he will be a success... ???

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:50 am

The_Rock wrote:
Alfonso Alonso 1 wrote:Baros Headless chicken? you wearing stevie wonder's glasses today?

Baros showed the world class speed and quality, as to why we should not sell him! did you see the contrast of Crouch and Baros in both halfs.

bingo......

you just have to wonder what baros has to do. He was the best LFC player there today and he still gets called headless chicken... ? i can't believe it.

Morientas was poor again. and so was garcia...but no-one mentions about them....

Lets give due where its due...... I know some member's brains here will automatically load a headless chicken picture when they see baros... so no matter what he does , they just see a headless chicken.....

But i have to say, i was pretty happy with medjani (at CB) and whitebread. Yeah they made some mistakes, but they looked pretty good there. They will make good cover for the CBs. But we have to get replacement for hyppia. In the 1st half, you can see how he performs against pacy strikers.

i backed baros all through last season because i`m convinced he`ll become a great striker one day but i suspect rafa cant put up with his attitude, he sulks every five minutes and every time he`s near a microphone all he does is talk up potential moves.
i`d love to see him get his head down and work hard and he is probably the most natural partner for crouch but i get the feeling we are only one substitution or one left out the squad away from another outburst.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Feeney » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:58 am

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:
The_Rock wrote:

bingo......

i backed baros all through last season because i`m convinced he`ll become a great striker one day but i suspect rafa cant put up with his attitude, he sulks every five minutes and every time he`s near a microphone all he does is talk up potential moves.
i`d love to see him get his head down and work hard and he is probably the most natural partner for crouch but i get the feeling we are only one substitution or one left out the squad away from another outburst.

Bang on. How long now before he spit's the dummy out again? He's apparently got talks with Rafa and Parry this week, what happens if he doesn't like what he hears? I firmly believe that his performance last night was purely for himself and not the team... ???

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joependo » Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:21 pm

Last season we had a problem with scoring,but in , i think 4games we have scored 18 or 19 goals.But however we defintelly need a defender.We conceded 3 against wrexham, and 3 against olypiacos.So please Rafa get another good defender.6 goals in 4 games is awful really for LFC Football club.So get a gooder defender.Please
joependo

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion