Olympiacos vs liverpool - Friendly

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:51 pm

joependo wrote:Last season we had a problem with scoring,but in , i think 4games we have scored 18 or 19 goals.But however we defintelly need a defender.We conceded 3 against wrexham, and 3 against olypiacos.So please Rafa get another good defender.6 goals in 4 games is awful really for LFC Football club.So get a gooder defender.Please

defending is as much about organisation as anything else and our `old firm` centre back partnership of carragher and hypia havent played together when we`ve leaked goals pre season.
its hard to develop a effective system when a new back four get together for a single game, it often takes months of hard work and drills with the same players to get a good defensive understanding.
i wouldnt be overly concerned.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby azriahmad » Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:00 pm

It is not just the fact that Carra-Hyppia have not been fielded together, but the incidence of Hyppia being exposed by pace is becoming an alarming regularity.

Give this kind of generosity to any quick premiership striker and we'd have a big problem on our hands.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:15 pm

joependo wrote:LFC Football club

:laugh:  :O
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:41 pm

The_Rock wrote:
Alfonso Alonso 1 wrote:Baros Headless chicken? you wearing stevie wonder's glasses today?

Baros showed the world class speed and quality, as to why we should not sell him! did you see the contrast of Crouch and Baros in both halfs.

bingo......

you just have to wonder what baros has to do. He was the best LFC player there today and he still gets called headless chicken... ? i can't believe it.

Morientas was poor again. and so was garcia...but no-one mentions about them....

Lets give due where its due...... I know some member's brains here will automatically load a headless chicken picture when they see baros... so no matter what he does , they just see a headless chicken.....

and i think more and more members here are having this virus...  :p

But i have to say, i was pretty happy with medjani (at CB) and whitebread. Yeah they made some mistakes, but they looked pretty good there. They will make good cover for the CBs. But we have to get replacement for hyppia. In the 1st half, you can see how he performs against pacy strikers.

For the third time I was making the point that Baros WASN'T playing like a headless chicken!

Feel free to read the original post again, but properly this time...
:rasp
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby tubby » Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:19 pm

Anyone got the clips of the goals yet ?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby slavia » Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:34 pm

bavlondon wrote:Anyone got the clips of the goals yet ?

look  in the MaXxed Football Forums
slavia

Postby adamnbarrett » Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:27 pm

slavia wrote:

any chance of a link?
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby slavia » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:05 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:
slavia wrote:

any chance of a link?

type the name into google and you will get it.
slavia

Postby MCYan » Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:00 am

I have been bringing this up for many times already... please keep Baros... this lad is very very skilled and has a good attitude on the pitch... No matter what Rafa please keep Milan!
MCYan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:33 am

watched the game live on satelite. we looked ok, timmy played well and good jinking run to set up garcia, baros played well and actually looked at what he was doing. a few good signs for the new season
112-1077774096

Postby azriahmad » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:46 am

peewee, do you think Benithez should sell Baros? I don't really think that his 2 goals were particularly special, unlike the 2 scored by Cisse against Leverkusen.

If we are short on funds and as we are in dire need to reinforce the central defence, we should sell him.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:53 am

azriahmad wrote:peewee, do you think Benithez should sell Baros? I don't really think that his 2 goals were particularly special, unlike the 2 scored by Cisse against Leverkusen.

If we are short on funds and as we are in dire need to reinforce the central defence, we should sell him.

i think we should sell him while we will get a decent price for him, although he played quite well in this friendly, i feel thats just responding to the threat that he faces at the moment. he set up nandos goal very well, took the time to look up when last year he would have blasted at goal.

its a difficult decision to make, hes not prolific enough and i think he should go, however if he stays lets get behind him and hope he remembers how can he can play when his place at the club is under threat
112-1077774096

Postby azriahmad » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:00 am

Totally agree with you there. The goals he scored we results of chances appearing due to sloppy defending on Olympiakos' players which you'd not normally expect to be given to you on a silver platter by EPL sides in competitive games. He did well in setting up El Morro and showed unsual awareness from his normal self.

On the contarary, I don't think it was a difficult decision for Benithez because it was clear that Baros did not do the bueiness and he became a whiner at the end of the season, exactly the traits which Benithez has shown little tolerance for.

I don't think Baros wopuld want to go to West Ham or Villa, he wants CL action. Should have sold him to Lyon and reunite him with Houllier.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:40 am

here :buttrock

http://s44.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2ZL0DCT6QORJT357CGYNLAVJNO
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:45 am

stmichael wrote:

here :buttrock

http://s44.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2ZL0DCT6QORJT357CGYNLAVJNO

nice one  :bowdown
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion