LIVERPOOL VS WERDER BREMEN - Friendly

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:58 pm

Is there a list of all the players that rafa brought to train in Switzerland? was it pretty much just everybody that played in the Werder Bremen game? is the Asian tour squad going to be the same as this one?  I ask because I want to know if Rafa is going to give Besian a chance to prove himself against stronger competition but with the first team.  He scored a hatrick in 23 minutes in his 1st game and I do not think he has played since.
JoeTerp

Postby tubby » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:30 pm

I cant arsed to scroll through the thread. How did Babel do? I know at one point he went past 3 player but generally did he contribute anything?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:24 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:very interesting stuff about Rafa, do you think he was taking advantage of the smaller crowd or does he do that in everygame?  I would think it would be impossible to hear him in a hostile environment, even if it is Anfield being hostile towards the opponents.

Bit of both, really. I've heard him shout at times during games at Anfield, and most other times this is why he seems to be more animated than most managers when the crowd is loud with his baseball-like sign language antics on the touchline. Something tells me that if you don't listen to what he's saying or doing, then he won't take a very good likeing to a player in the long run. Maybe Bellamy and Cisse were like this and he kicked them out. Too much ego, maybe, and not down to individual ability? Who knows.

In league games the microphones get some yells and sometimes I grasp some yells in Spanish so it must be him or Paco. THey still shout commands to Alonso and Reina in Spanish, which is something I don't agree, but they still do.

Most coaches will admit that they know shouting is a bit useless in the pitch, but they can't help shouting and gesticulating. Rafa is one of those.

There's another school of coaches that say nothing and are sat down most of the time. For me, despite a player may not hear the coach through out the game, it's important that he sees sometimes the coach gesticulating when the work is not being done properly. Sometimes some coaches send messages to the players like an early order to warm up to a sub, for instance in the first half, I think it's a good message for the player who's not playing well.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sarge » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:12 am

bring on the season....I've got nothing to watch xcept bangin the missus on weekends!!
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

Postby burjennio » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:37 pm

Sabre please, oh please remove that creepy crawly thing and bring the dizzy chick back
burjennio

Postby scouser 'til I die » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:45 pm

Sarge wrote:bring on the season....I've got nothing to watch xcept bangin the missus on weekends!!

You watch your missus getting banged  :O

:D haha joke i get what you mean

You'll Never Walk Alone
scouser 'til I die

Postby p_i_n_g_u » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:24 pm

Sarge wrote:bring on the season....I've got nothing to watch xcept bangin the missus on weekends!!

Who gets her during the week?! ;>
p_i_n_g_u

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion