Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Fourth - will we make it?

Yes, we will finish fourth
42%
No, we will finish below fourth
58%

Total votes : 144

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:00 pm

I should be looking forward to Sunday but its just a horrible situation to be in.
I have no doubt the players will go out to win as they always do.
But winning would probably mean united winning the league.
It is like the 95 Blackburn situation all over again but this time i dont see united slipping up at all.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Scottbot » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:07 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:I should be looking forward to Sunday but its just a horrible situation to be in.
I have no doubt the players will go out to win as they always do.
But winning would probably mean united winning the league.
It is like the 95 Blackburn situation all over again but this time i dont see united slipping up at all.

Agree completely. Winning might keep our slim 4th place hopes alive but it hands the mancs number 19. I can't bear it :(
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shawnk » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:23 pm

It may be a blessing in disguise when we don't play CL football next season so we can focus more on winning the EPL.
shawnk

Postby Owzat » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:28 pm

shawnk wrote:It may be a blessing in disguise when we don't play CL football next season so we can focus more on winning the EPL.

How do you figure that? EDL comes with the same numbers of games as CL, except it will also come with the dreaded Monday-Thursday combo which means we'll be in limbo and playing after everyone else to suit TV. At least with CL on Tuesday/Wednesday you know you're unlikely to play many Mondays and won't while the competition is running.

When did the mancs last play on a Monday night? Or Chelsea? Have they this season?

I've maintained that our best chance of winning the league might be not to qualify for Europe at all. That way Rafa has no distraction, although he'd probably still play not to lose too often. Of course we have two different ways of qualifying for EDL next season, winning it or through league position.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:34 pm

lets face it, we're desperate to get fourth and a champs.league spot but why? so we can clog up our fixtures list, play like a bunch of nancy boys and go crashing out again? fk it, fk the fourth place. This could a blessing in disguise. Like Bermie said, spend next season cleansing the sqwad, make sure we finish top four and then with the new look Liverpool go kick some a$$.

09/10 EPL winners - Chelsea
10/11 EPL winners - Chelsea (hope this happens)
11/12 EPL winners - Liverpool (we're back!)

then during the 12/13 season old whiskey nose has a jammer and fk's off this mortal coil for good, thus sending mancs into a free fall.
They get stuck on 18 titles, we're up to 19 and counting. Another 10 years of Liverpool domination and we could be on 26 titles by the time we get to 2022.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:17 pm

For a lack of anything better to do I've figured out how we could get into the fourth spot.

Villa to beat City,
Spurs to draw vs Bolton

City to beat Spurs

West Ham draw City
Blackburn draw Villa

Spurs beat burnley

All we have to do is beat Chelsea by one
If all that happens Spurs would have, at best a+25GD prior to their match with Burnley
We would have at worst +29GD heading into the match against Hull.

Come on You Reds!!!! Let's drive on for 4th  :buttrock
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:49 pm

The good news is that even if Fulham win the Europa league they won't take our spot in it. An extra place will be made for Fulham. It will however be even better news for relegated Burnley as they would be joining us in the Europa league next season!

Europa League - Burnley in line for shock Euro spot
PA Sport - Fri, 30 Apr 09:24:00 2010

Buzz Up!
Fulham's progress to the Europa League final has given relegated Burnley an unexpected boost.

..Should Roy Hodgson's side lift the trophy they would qualify as holders next season, meaning Burnley would be in pole position in the Fair Play League.

With England placed third in UEFA's most recent continental fair play table, the Premier League would be granted the final additional spot in the Europa League first qualifying round.

And with Arsenal, Tottenham, Manchester United and Chelsea all set to qualify for Europe via their league placing, only Fulham are ahead of the Clarets in the table - with nothing to stop relegated clubs taking up the European place on offer.

Burnley manager Brian Laws said: "There is an outside chance and that depends on how Fulham go on. If they win the competition we have a chance of slipping in there.

"That would be fantastic for the club and the town. It is a long shot but we will wait and see what happens."
account deleted by request

Postby mik » Sat May 01, 2010 4:54 pm

Join to Liverpool's Fan Club on fans-book.com :D
mik

Postby sixbuster » Sat May 01, 2010 4:58 pm

The Good Yank wrote:For a lack of anything better to do I've figured out how we could get into the fourth spot.

Villa to beat City,
Spurs to draw vs Bolton

City to beat Spurs

West Ham draw City
Blackburn draw Villa

Spurs beat burnley

All we have to do is beat Chelsea by one
If all that happens Spurs would have, at best a+25GD prior to their match with Burnley
We would have at worst +29GD heading into the match against Hull.

Come on You Reds!!!! Let's drive on for 4th  :buttrock

Unfortunately Villa didn't do it.
Forever a red
sixbuster

Postby Penguins » Sat May 01, 2010 4:59 pm

Finally we can lock this thread.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Sat May 01, 2010 5:44 pm

Not yet mate. If citeh draw with Spurs and then lose their last game, and spurs lose their last game and we win both of ours and score a few goals we can still finish 4th   :D

Postby tubby » Sat May 01, 2010 6:26 pm

Saint the optimist. :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat May 01, 2010 6:30 pm

Yeah and Hull can still stay up :laugh:
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Sat May 01, 2010 6:30 pm

s@int wrote:Not yet mate. If citeh draw with Spurs and then lose their last game, and spurs lose their last game and we win both of ours and score a few goals we can still finish 4th   :D

Saint Clutcher of the straws
Patron Saint of fu'ck ups and lost causes
:;):
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Sat May 01, 2010 7:48 pm

:laugh:

Oh yea of little faith :D

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion