Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Fourth - will we make it?

Yes, we will finish fourth
42%
No, we will finish below fourth
58%

Total votes : 144

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:54 am

Simple poll to predict if we will finish fourth (not can we), current league table as at 7th February 2010 to help voters.

3rd Arsenal : P24 PTS 49 GD +32
--------------------------------------------------------
4th Liverpool : P25 PTS 44 GD +17
--------------------------------------------------------
5th Tottenham : P25 PTS 43 GD +20
6th Man City : P23 PTS 41 GD +13
7th A Villa : P24 PTS 41 GD +13
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:56 am

How about an option for better than fourth.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leep33 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:36 am

If Arsenal lose today and we beat them on Wed we will only be a few points behind them and in with a good chance of finishing 3rd!!
leep33

Postby Redman in wales » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:13 pm

i have also been looking at the possibility of finishing 3rd, but lets not get too carried away. Its a BIG IF that we will beat arsenal at the emerates - yes we've put a good run together, but its still only 2 wins since that dire 0-0 against wolves at home, and arsenal are a completely different challenge to bolton and everton.  - Plus after wednesdays game, arsenal will have played all of their "big 4" games, where we still have to go to old trafford and entertain chelsea.

We also have to remember man city are 3 points behind wih 2 games in hand, so there are a few more dangers behind us at the moment we have to consider too
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:23 pm

Redman in wales wrote:i have also been looking at the possibility of finishing 3rd, but lets not get too carried away. Its a BIG IF that we will beat arsenal at the emerates - yes we've put a good run together, but its still only 2 wins since that dire 0-0 against wolves at home, and arsenal are a completely different challenge to bolton and everton.  - Plus after wednesdays game, arsenal will have played all of their "big 4" games, where we still have to go to old trafford and entertain chelsea.

We also have to remember man city are 3 points behind wih 2 games in hand, so there are a few more dangers behind us at the moment we have to consider too

City have an intresting run of games themselves and I doubt they will take max points from them.

Owzat why not put Villa, Spurs,Man City and Arsenal's remaining fixtures side by side for comparison. Might make the vote easier. I think we have the best run in of the lot.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:43 pm

Redman in wales wrote:i have also been looking at the possibility of finishing 3rd, but lets not get too carried away. Its a BIG IF that we will beat arsenal at the emerates - yes we've put a good run together, but its still only 2 wins since that dire 0-0 against wolves at home, and arsenal are a completely different challenge to bolton and everton.  - Plus after wednesdays game, arsenal will have played all of their "big 4" games, where we still have to go to old trafford and entertain chelsea.

we didnt draw with wolves at home mate, it was away, but it was dire like.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Sir Roger » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:05 pm

13 games; possible 39 points, could end up with 83.
Were gunna win the league...!
Seriously, I said we would come second at the start of the season. When we were in meltdown I still believed we would make top four.
I am going back to my original prediction after yesterdays performance. A win against the bitters with 10 men.
This game will go down in folklore as being the day we turned the mystical "corner"
:laugh:
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:19 pm

If we maintain our confidence I think there is a good chance we can do better tab 4th but at the risk of getting carried away I'll just go with 4th for now.
Last edited by tubby on Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:32 pm

bavlondon wrote:If we maintain our confidence I think there is a good chance we can do better tab 4th but at the risk of getting carried away I'll just go with 4th for now.

I think that for the first time since the beginning of the season our destiny is in our own hands
City, Spurs and Villa will or are already having their blip. We will push on now and take over Arsenal. When the mancs slip up and Shrek gets injured (hopefully) we should be in a position to capitalize.
Fingers crossed
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:04 pm

Fingers crossed indeed mate. I just hope we don't have another relapse. Anyone know when Torres and Johnson are due back?

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby centarec » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:14 pm

Ofcourse we're gonna finish 4th , perhaps even better
centarec

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:16 pm

bavlondon wrote:Fingers crossed indeed mate. I just hope we don't have another relapse. Anyone know when Torres and Johnson are due back?

i think both should be back for March.

I'm hopeful of 3rd...i think Chelsea will beat Arsenal that will proper pi$$ Wenger off, because he'll be fighting for a champions league spot.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:21 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Fingers crossed indeed mate. I just hope we don't have another relapse. Anyone know when Torres and Johnson are due back?

i think both should be back for March.

I'm hopeful of 3rd...i think Chelsea will beat Arsenal that will proper pi$$ Wenger off, because he'll be fighting for a champions league spot.

Yeah did you hear his press conference? He was quite snappy. Also he can't be happy the Fabregas to Barca rumors have resurfaced again. On top of that Arseshaving was saying they canny expect to win the league with him as the only main point of attack. If they lose today it will set us up in a good way for midweek.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:17 pm

wheres the "we will finish 3rd" option? ???
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:38 pm

I predicted a few weeks back ,cant find were i said it , but its here, that we would finish third , we were going through a really bad patch at the time but i had faith in us finishing third, i also predicted at the start of the season in the man city thread i think that they wouldnt finish in the top five :nod
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion