No, we will finish below fourth
58%

Total votes : 144

Postby Owzat » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:41 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
zarababe wrote:
Owzat wrote:
Judge wrote:shameful position we are in

we'll finish 7th this year (looking likely), and probably a point above the bitters :(

Don't worry though, we can paint a silver lining on it by winning a mickey mouse cup and call it "successful" !

Mickey Mouse Cup - which one are you alluding to MR?

Surely not that Europa Cup - if so I tell ya this place is far too up itself !

Good enough for Shanks, good enough for me. Simple as that. He'd probably clock someone for calling it a micky mouse.

Come join us in C21, it's a whole different tournament now with much less of the top sides of Europe in it.

I do so hate people who compare two massively different eras in such a blasé fashion, throwing in a legend as if that makes it a valid comparison or adds some weight to it!
Last edited by Owzat on Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:42 pm

Question: Fourth - will we make it?     :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:44 pm

Dundalk wrote:Question: Fourth - will we make it?     :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dig back through the thread, I originally got stick off at least one person for not putting "higher than fourth" in as a poll option ...................................
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:06 pm

:D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Teshie » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:59 am

The only way to 4th

The hail mary situation

Villa draw to City
Bolton beat spurs (at white hart)

Liverpool beat Chelsea

City draw with spurs

Villa beat blackburn
Spurs beat Burnley
City Beat Westham
Liverpool beat Hull

This would put all 4 teams fighting for 4th on 68 points and I think we would win on goal difference?

In summary Spurs need to lose to either Burnley / WestHam, and when the other 3 teams play each other the result must be a draw.
Teshie

Postby kazza » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:50 am

Teshie wrote:The only way to 4th

The hail mary situation

Villa draw to City
Bolton beat spurs (at white hart)

Liverpool beat Chelsea

City draw with spurs

Villa beat blackburn
Spurs beat Burnley
City Beat Westham
Liverpool beat Hull

This would put all 4 teams fighting for 4th on 68 points and I think we would win on goal difference?

In summary Spurs need to lose to either Burnley / WestHam, and when the other 3 teams play each other the result must be a draw.

Highly improbable, but not impossible. This is why God invented hope, so we have something to think about until then.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:38 am

its important for us to win our games and if we can, we have a tiny chance.  City have to play Villa and Spurs and hopefully they are draws. 
but i think we need Spurs to drop points against either Bolton or burnley.  Shame arsenal or chelsea couldnt beat em. 

BUT.. how can we beat Chelsea without Torres and possibly no kuyt or ngog.  Will Babel play up front lol.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:47 am

jacdaniel wrote:its important for us to win our games and if we can, we have a tiny chance.  City have to play Villa and Spurs and hopefully they are draws. 
but i think we need Spurs to drop points against either Bolton or burnley.  Shame arsenal or chelsea couldnt beat em. 

BUT.. how can we beat Chelsea without Torres and possibly no kuyt or ngog.  Will Babel play up front lol.

My nightmare scenario is beating Chelsea only to miss out on fourth due to one of the other teams winning on the last day and Utd take the title (come on Sunderland!). But we have to be positive and go for the win, which I think we can do.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:54 am

we need manc utd to slip up on their own accord , then it wont matter that we beat chelsea.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:01 am

Lee J wrote:we need manc utd to slip up on their own accord , then it wont matter that we beat chelsea.

They play after us on Sunday.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:25 am

Owzat wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
zarababe wrote:
Owzat wrote:
Judge wrote:shameful position we are in

we'll finish 7th this year (looking likely), and probably a point above the bitters :(

Don't worry though, we can paint a silver lining on it by winning a mickey mouse cup and call it "successful" !

Mickey Mouse Cup - which one are you alluding to MR?

Surely not that Europa Cup - if so I tell ya this place is far too up itself !

Good enough for Shanks, good enough for me. Simple as that. He'd probably clock someone for calling it a micky mouse.

Come join us in C21, it's a whole different tournament now with much less of the top sides of Europe in it.

I do so hate people who compare two massively different eras in such a blasé fashion, throwing in a legend as if that makes it a valid comparison or adds some weight to it!

oh i see - so in the C21 - coming 4th earns ya a medal ay - a title ay ? oops missed that one.

ASK YERSEKF THIS FOR ALL THE 4TH PLACES YOU FINISH IN ONLY THE ISTANBUL WIN MATTERS HISTORICALLY AND THE MEDLAS THAT WERE GIVEN COUNT- FOR ALL THOSE CITY, VILLA AND SPURS PLAYERS DREAMING OF 4TH, what will they show they're grand kids.. look this newsppaper cutting proves i finished 4th one season? or look this is my medal for wiining a cup in Europe?

No comparison - football is about winning trophies and medals.. at the start of every season there are 4 to win - 3 domestically and one in europe ( and World Club where applicable) - Liverpool as usual (and Fulham) carry the flag for Englerland - and we are proud and hopeful of winning this comp.. otherwise what the hell are we here for.. ay  ???
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:27 am

kazza wrote:
jacdaniel wrote:its important for us to win our games and if we can, we have a tiny chance.  City have to play Villa and Spurs and hopefully they are draws. 

My nightmare scenario is beating Chelsea only to miss out on fourth due to one of the other teams winning on the last day and Utd take the title (come on Sunderland!). But we have to be positive and go for the win, which I think we can do.

Not a chance that raging shirtlifter Bruce WON'T do Whiskeynose a favour if he can help it...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Bermenstein » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:03 am

Personally I dont want those Mancs laughing at us for gifting them the title this year, and handing them the King of the Castle crown.

What would feel better?
A Us beating Chelsea. Very slight possibilty of CL. The Mancs winning the Prem as a result of this.
B Us Rolling over. Europa league more than likely.
The Mancs loosing Prem.

Sods law would have us beat Chelsea and loose to Hull on the last day, with the Mancs lovin it.

Look our season this year is a mess. Man City & Spurs wont both mess up.

A season out of the CL is probably the best thing for the club.
The club needs to be cleansed and purged, from Owners to new players and whatever else needs correcting
And next season concentrating soley on the league is probably the best thing thats needed.

So yeah, i think the club should do an Obi Wan Kenobi and let Darth Chelsea chop our friggin heads off next sunday. We'll come back even stronger.
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:01 pm

Gawd Bernie - you need to be starting threads again lar ... next season MODS one house RULE - Bern to start game threads :angry:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rockthekop » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:57 pm

If 4th was still in our hands then of course I'd want Liverpool to win.  I don't think it matters now what we do, 4th isn't going to happen bar a miracle. 

We will determine who lifts the title at Anfield unless there's a surprise in the other fixtures, I'd be sick if we handed it to the mancs.

I would gladly take a defeat and a season in the EL if it means Utd don't win a 19th title and four in a row. 

Ferguson wants this one so so bad, we have to make sure the tw@t doesn't get it!
Rockthekop

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion