Festive period . . . . . . - Time to climb into the top four ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:30 pm

kenco wrote:that must be some strong stuff your smokin dave.if your takin about playin a more attacking style,well thats all he's achieved at the moment.or do you know something i dont.sure i'am a lot happier goin the game these days.but your a bit premature to be talkin about achievments,he man hasn't been here six months yet!!!!!!!!!!

yes but what he's achieved WITH THE RESOURCES HE'S GOT is an acievement in itself. he had a highly demoralized squad coming to the end of its tether with Hollier. he's managed to:

1)  clear some dead wood
2) make previously "******" looking players look good.
3) got the youth involved
4) changed our mentality
5) made people watching them at Anfield happier than they've been for years

all this without strikers for most of the campaign so far, and only a handful of his own players.

considerin we are still in with a shout in every competition, this to me is a major achievement.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:44 pm

Well said Jim, took the words right out of my mouth.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby kenco » Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:35 pm

jim_morrison_supported_liverpool wrote:
kenco wrote:that must be some strong stuff your smokin dave.if your takin about playin a more attacking style,well thats all he's achieved at the moment.or do you know something i dont.sure i'am a lot happier goin the game these days.but your a bit premature to be talkin about achievments,he man hasn't been here six months yet!!!!!!!!!!

yes but what he's achieved WITH THE RESOURCES HE'S GOT is an acievement in itself. he had a highly demoralized squad coming to the end of its tether with Hollier. he's managed to:

1)  clear some dead wood
4) changed our mentality

all this without strikers for most of the campaign so far, and only a handful of his own players.

considerin we are still in with a shout in every competition, this to me is a major achievement.

thats excatley what you would expect off any new manager, considering the mess houllier left us in he's done well,but even with the squad thats been vastly trimmed,we'd expect to have been higher in the league than what we are, we were one of the favorites to qualify from the champions league group we were in, and if we hadn't of qualified it would have been a massive set back.the league cup semi is hardly a massive acheivment as most of the top sides play their reserve teams anyway.i think benitez is a top class manager i  really hope he's the man to take us the summit at home and in europe and we dominate for years to come under is managment,but in this forum people seem to go over the top.its early days,the man needs time to build his own side to develope is style to convey is ideas to a side he has put together himself.you are expecting to much to early.he will only acheive things given time,to talk of acheivments in december is much to soon. :p  :p
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:42 pm

Considering in what kind of form we were under Houllier the past two seasons, it is a big difference imo with Benitez.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby kenco » Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:46 pm

thats taken a lot thought a b. if my missus had taken over from houllier we'd be better off !! :p :p
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:52 pm

kenco wrote:

1)  clear some dead wood
4) changed our mentality

thats excatley what you would expect off any new manager, considering the mess houllier left us in he's done well,but even with the squad thats been vastly trimmed,we'd expect to have been higher in the league than what we are, we were one of the favorites to qualify from the champions league group we were in, and if we hadn't of qualified it would have been a massive set back.the league cup semi is hardly a massive acheivment as most of the top sides play their reserve teams anyway.i think benitez is a top class manager i  really hope he's the man to take us the summit at home and in europe and we dominate for years to come under is managment,but in this forum people seem to go over the top.its early days,the man needs time to build his own side to develope is style to convey is ideas to a side he has put together himself.you are expecting to much to early.he will only acheive things given time,to talk of acheivments in december is much to soon. :p  :p

what on earth do you mean? how am I the one who's expecting too much. i'm the one who's sayin that he's already done a marvellous job, and if we dont win anything this season i wont be hurt as i also know Benitez is the man. i can see his progress and am happy with it.

and what do you mean that you would expect this off any new manager? tell me who else apart from the manaagers of the top 2 teams in each great League could do what he has with his limited resources??  even then there would be some that couldnt do it.

we were not one of the favourites to qualify from champs league. Deportivo were favourite and the rest were evenly matched, and out of them 3 Monaco got to the final last year and are proven. new teams with new managers, with new players, with new strategies, with new tactics, with new EVERYTHING are not expected to do that well straight away.

only pessimists would be saying Benitez isnt doing a good job.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
LFC Super Member

Postby kenco » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:05 pm

so you'd be happy if we didn't qualify for the chapions league? don't reach the final in the league cup? don't progress any further in the champions league? don't have a decent run in the f.a. cup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  your easily pleased then jim!!!!!!!!!! :p :p
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:11 pm

kenco wrote:so you'd be happy if we didn't qualify for the chapions league? don't reach the final in the league cup? don't progress any further in the champions league? don't have a decent run in the f.a. cup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  your easily pleased then jim!!!!!!!!!! :p :p

lets not put words in my mouth. of course it would gut me if we didnt progress in what you mentioned. but if we never i would not be laying blame at Benitez' door. like i said. i dont expect much this season. its not Chelsea where he can but who the f*ck he wants and work miracles right away.

you tell me another manager that had it sorted in the first season - with such a shambles of squad to work with.
LFC Super Member

Postby ronmeister » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:20 pm

Heya guy's My first post here.
What i think is more promising than anything else is we are starting to see more pass and go football, Its the liverpool way and thats good enough for me at the moment .I still think we will be in the top four come the end of the season and to be hohnest its a absolute must really.Anything else on top of that is a bonus Lets all enjoy the ride and see whats waiting through the tunnel hopefull the the title will be home within two years Its a hope and when we have hope we have a chance.
ronmeister

Postby kenco » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:25 pm

kenco wrote:so you'd be happy if we didn't qualify for the chapions league? don't reach the final in the league cup? don't progress any further in the champions league? don't have a decent run in the f.a. cup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  your easily pleased then jim!!!!!!!!!! :p :p

lets not put words in my mouth. of course it would gut me if we didnt progress in what you mentioned. but if we never i would not be laying blame at Benitez' door. like i said. i dont expect much this season. its not Chelsea where he can but who the f*ck he wants and work miracles right away.

you tell me another manager that had it sorted in the first season - with such a shambles of squad to work with.

none jim, thats excately what iv'e been trying to say!! were expecting to much to soon!!!!!!!!!!!
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:34 pm

kenco wrote:this will happen that will,we should we will we might.if my aunty had balls she'd be my uncle. our away form this season as been a disgrace,and should have been addressed an solved by now.i for one don't feel confident about playing anyone away from anfield.its a bit like when houllier was in charge last season, but then i didn't feel confident when we played at anfield.when we play away,half the team think they have gone on their holidays.

if your takin about playin a more attacking style,well thats all he's achieved at the moment.

ok i give in. but the tone of these posts looked like you were sayin you're not too happy with at the moment and that he hasnt done a good job since he's been here.
LFC Super Member

Postby kenco » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:44 pm

no no jim, i'm as pleased as anyone were trying to play attacking flowing football.to finnish in the top four is a must, and a day out at cardiff would be nice.to reach the semi in the champions league would be amazing.and a good cup run will put the cream on the top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  then i rolled over fell out of bed and woke up!! sh*t i was enjoyin that!! :D :D
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:46 pm

kenco wrote:no no jim, i'm as pleased as anyone were trying to play attacking flowing football.to finnish in the top four is a must, and a day out at cardiff would be nice.to reach the semi in the champions league would be amazing.and a good cup run will put the cream on the top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  then i rolled over fell out of bed and woke up!! sh*t i was enjoyin that!! :D :D

first things first tho. lets get that shower of blue b*stards out of the way (and in a lower league if possible)
LFC Super Member

Postby Devestatin Dave (yeah) » Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:27 pm

Kenco if you think Rafa hasnt achieved anything in the 6 months hes been here then youre more of a fool than i thought u were and Jim glad to see someone else spottin what good work hes done so far and how things are slowly changing and begining to fall into place....And Kenco u say all hes achieved in 6 months is the ability to play attackin football, well Houllier couldnt work out attackin football in 5 years at Anfield so hes not doin that bad
Devestatin Dave (yeah)

Postby kenco » Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:26 pm

if you have been watching liverpool as long as i have dave,you'd know acheivement is counted in silverware not in december. and by the way,i'am nobodys fool !!!!!!!!! :p :p
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion