Armchairs and ooters take note - A festive feast for "fans" this crimbo

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:36 pm

A bit of good news for some (most) members of this forum who never go the game, with the news that an unbeleiveable 6 of our next 6 games are live on Sky Sports....

Portsmouth         14th Dec      20:00
Newcastle          19th Dec      13:30
West Brom          26th Dec      18:00
Southampton      28th Dec      16:30
Chelsea              1st Jan        12:45
Norwich              3rd Jan        12:45

Armchairs and OOTers can sit back, enjouy and then come on here and start calling for peoples heads if we dont get a good result.......
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:44 pm

Whereas of course, those from Liverpool who go to the game have paid their dues and therefore are allowed to voice an opinion. Everybody else is an idiot, especially females. All forty odd thousand people who will be in the ground at Anfield are of course experts. Just out of interest so we all know, what happens when the match is away and say four thousand Liverpool supporters get tickets. Are they the only ones allowed to have a say or can we all join in on them games?
One last question. Can we all refrain from clambering up our collective bumholes and not take ourselves too seriously? Just thought I'd ask.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:46 pm

:laugh: nice one Mick.. bet Leone's seat is the one with the obscured view .. :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:59 pm

:O  :O  :O  :O  :O
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:02 pm

bigmick wrote:Whereas of course, those from Liverpool who go to the game have paid their dues and therefore are allowed to voice an opinion. Everybody else is an idiot, especially females. All forty odd thousand people who will be in the ground at Anfield are of course experts. Just out of interest so we all know, what happens when the match is away and say four thousand Liverpool supporters get tickets. Are they the only ones allowed to have a say or can we all join in on them games?
One last question. Can we all refrain from clambering up our collective bumholes and not take ourselves too seriously? Just thought I'd ask.

Again Mick, I do think you talk a lot of sense and I do enjoy reading all your posts. It was a bit of a generalisation, however it is true of the majority of members of this forum, rather than the minority. Read posts by redrider, banana, polygemus, pig catcher, redtribe, whelston23 and many others, and you will see what I mean.

Your opinion is that all people all over the world are allowed to be LFC fans, and I share that view.

Your opinion is that people have a right to their opinion, and I agree with that.

My opinion is that a lot of members of this forum know zip all about football, never mind football at Liverpool Football Club. Are you denying me my own opinion?

My opinion is that the vast majority of members on here who do not go the match, know little about Liverpool FC, and therefore are less qualified to comment. However they are free to comment, as it is afterall the internet, and a forum. That is different to thinking that people who do not go the game should not comment upon it.

I do not think everyone else is an idiot, however I do question the views and comments of these people if I disagree.

I take Liverpool FC seriously, I know no other way. I defend my club if a blue nose or a manc slags it, and I do the same, (often a little too much) on here if fellow Liverpool fans slag parts of the club or team.

Zara - why dont you ask Father Christmas to bring you an opinion for Christmas, so you do not have to keep stealing/ agreeing with everyone elses.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:06 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Zara - why dont you ask Father Christmas to bring you an opinion for Christmas, so you do not have to keep stealing/ agreeing with everyone elses.

... why don't you get a personality ... LEONE.. :p

.. no point in reinventing the wheel...  :devil:

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:10 pm

The forum would be a poorer place Leon without the more reactionary members, yourself, A.B., Stu etc etc. I applaud your passion and make no bones about the fact that I can't get as worked up as you guys do about it. I used to but I don't anymore. It probably is that I'm not a scouser, don't live in Liverpool don't get to many games etc etc. It's probably also that I'm a bit older and wiser than I once was, have a couple of kids and other things going on in my life which adds a touch of perspective. I'd love to 'feel' it like you, Stu, Dalglish and Lynds do but I don't. Can't be anymore honest than that.
The bit I object to is people being dismissed for where they live, how much time/money they have, their sex etc etc. You are easily knowledgeable enough yo make your point and be convincing without resorting to such nonsense.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:15 pm

bigmick wrote:The forum would be a poorer place Leon without the more reactionary members, yourself, A.B., Stu etc etc. I applaud your passion and make no bones about the fact that I can't get as worked up as you guys do about it. I used to but I don't anymore. It probably is that I'm not a scouser, don't live in Liverpool don't get to many games etc etc. It's probably also that I'm a bit older and wiser than I once was, have a couple of kids and other things going on in my life which adds a touch of perspective. I'd love to 'feel' it like you, Stu, Dalglish and Lynds do but I don't. Can't be anymore honest than that.
The bit I object to is people being dismissed for where they live, how much time/money they have, their sex etc etc. You are easily knowledgeable enough yo make your point and be convincing without resorting to such nonsense.

Where did I disciminate?

That is my point Mick, I do not say anything other than Out Of Town, this is not meant in a derogatory way, simply an observation. Just as people from Liverpool are scousers, anyone who supports Liverpool who is not from the city is an OOTer.

Maybe I should have made the thread title people who do not go the game? If I had done this then people would start on the argument and defend watching the game on TV versus being at the stadium. (Please dont start on that argument by the way).

No offence to you Mick, but even you will admit that some posters are clueless.....
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 100-1102639321 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:22 pm

going the game is well better.  how can you possibly compare it to watching it on tele, thats just barmy.  the thing anfield needs is a big screen to watch replays on. even goodison park has one

(and no im not a blue, i just think having a screen is well better)
100-1102639321

Postby Ciggy » Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:45 pm

Why do you feel the need to mention everton and goodison in everything you post?
Everton dont get mentioned here its only because we played them saturday and we have forgotten about them already. :glare:
You say your a steward at anfield im sorry but I dont believe you mate.
Your font is BLUE.
And all you do is talk about them ???
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:57 pm

I have to come to the defence of Dapioneer;just because he is a blue-nose,Anfield steward,that doesn't make his opinion any less valid and once the big screen is up we can employ women to walk around the ground and throw sweets at the fans..why not call them sweet ladies.The important things for our club big screen and sweet ladies.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby who the hell is diarra » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:01 pm

zarababe wrote: :laugh: nice one Mick.. bet Leone's seat is the one with the obscured view .. :D

Yeah he's the one with his head up his own @rse :D  :D  :D  :D
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:35 pm

:D oops u agreeing with me Diarra... looks like my opinion has been agreed with... Thanx Santa for answering leone's wish.. :p  Now grant him mine...

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:55 pm

supersub wrote:I have to come to the defence of Dapioneer;just because he is a blue-nose,Anfield steward,that doesn't make his opinion any less valid and once the big screen is up we can employ women to walk around the ground and throw sweets at the fans..why not call them sweet ladies.The important things for our club big screen and sweet ladies.

:D  :D  :D  :D

Yeah, we'll never win the league again until we get sweetladies.
Last edited by JBG on Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 100-1102639321 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:05 pm

supersub wrote:I have to come to the defence of Dapioneer;just because he is a blue-nose,Anfield steward,that doesn't make his opinion any less valid and once the big screen is up we can employ women to walk around the ground and throw sweets at the fans..why not call them sweet ladies.The important things for our club big screen and sweet ladies.

im not a blue
100-1102639321

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion