New years questions - A festive 5

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Ace1983 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:25 am

Before we all get drunk at start sing that stupid song that everybody only knows the first two lines of, maybe we should have a year in review (and a look ahead) in the form of these 5 posers:

1. With DIC talking about keeping Anfield if they take over, and making it bigger, which would please you more, a sparkly new 60,000 seater, or an Anfield expansion to slightly less than that? And why?

2. If DIC take over they will undoubtably have some cash to throw around. If you could take one player from the Premiership, on from La Liga and one from anywhere else, money no object, who would be your picks and why?

3. Who has been your favourite LFC player over the last 12 months and why?

4. Who has been your favourite addition to the LFC squad over the past 12 months and why?

5. And finally, What memory will you take away from this year and put in your LFC scrap-book. What moment has made you super-dooper happy?

Bonus: And just to be fair, what player, manager, game or moment will you be trying to forget in the New Year. What don't you want to remember about 2006?

Happy New Year Newkit!
May old aquaintance be forgot, and never brought to bear
May la la la la laa la la Laaaa laaa la la laa laaaa...
Last edited by The Ace1983 on Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:11 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:Before we all get drunk at start sing that stupid song that everybody only knows the first two lines of, maybe we should have a year in review (and a look ahead) in the form of these 5 posers:

1. With DIC talking about keeping Anfield if they take over, and making it bigger, which would please you more, a sparkly new 60,000 seater, or an Anfield expansion to slightly less than that? And why?

2. If DIC take over they will undoubtably have some cash to throw around. If you could take one player from the Premiership, on from La Liga and one from anywhere else, money no object, who would be your picks and why?

4. Who has been your favourite addition to the LFC squad over the past 12 months and why?

5. And finally, What memory will you take away from this year and put in your LFC scrap-book. What moment has made you super-dooper happy?

Bonus: And just to be fair, what player, manager, game or moment will you be trying to forget in the New Year. What don't you want to remember about 2007?

Happy New Year Newkit!

1. I have to say, my head will eventually answer this question. As much as i'd love to see the present stadium expanded and modernised...its not going to happen. The only option therefore is to look forward...that means embracing the new.. so be it. (it will be a sad day) though a necessary one if we are to progress im afraid.

2. PREM:  Thierry Henry..class and would provide much needed craft to the front line.

LA LIGA: David Villa...an out and out finisher. the like of whom we have yet to source, since the departure of Michael.

WORLDWIDE: Kaka: Guile and technically adept. He would grace any midfield with undisputed talent.

3. Steven Gerrard (closely followed by Sami Hyypia) Gerrard lit up the Millenium stadium when even i had given up all hope..a credit to this club. And although not the sides greatest ever Skipper..one who at least attempts to lift the ship through his own example on the park. (does not mean iam ignorant to his flaws though)

4. Im going to take the liberty of rewinding just a little further back to Daniel Agger. And although signed 18 months to 2 years ago, it is only this season that his light has started to illuminate and reveal his potential. A star in the making (if only he'd recognise it himself) which im sure he will.....

5. Again, that supreme strike by the skipper 2 minutes away from time in what proved to be overall, an exhilarating F.A Cup campaign. From the moment where he casually (nonchelantly?) swept in that opening goal at Kenilworth road to the one where he majestically drove home the equaliser in Cardiff. Scrapbook stuff!

BONUS: THE FORGETTABLE: Everton 3:0 Liverpool... i'd have to say for the usual reasons.  I dont want to be reminded of the smug,abhorrant snidey faces of  Chelsea Football club.  From Kenyon, Abramovich right down to Drogba and Cole the whole place has self-adopted an air of quite stenching conceit about its business. Quite aside from the fact they are indeed a technically sound unit...they dont half go out of their way to eschew Humility in favour of self-righteousness.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:18 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:Before we all get drunk at start sing that stupid song that everybody only knows the first two lines of, maybe we should have a year in review (and a look ahead) in the form of these 5 posers:

Bonus: And just to be fair, what player, manager, game or moment will you be trying to forget in the New Year. What don't you want to remember about 2007?

Happy New Year Newkit!

1) For sentimental reasons and if it were possible I'd expand Anfield. If it were any other club, it would be better off to move, ala Arsenal. But Anfield is a special place and the home of footballing history.

2)  From Spain, Alves, one because we could do with cover for Finnan and two he'd offer more of an attacking threat from our fullback position. From the Prem, and if he could be persuaded to sell I'd sign Jose's SWP as we are in need of a top quality RM still. And from anywhere else I take a punt on the German Klose, he looks the type of poacher our current squad needs to up our goals for ratio.

3) Due to his dip in form earlier on in the season I'd of picked MBE boy Gerrard. For me Crouch pips it, he has handled quite well the move up to Liverpool, proved his critics wrong countless times over the year with goals and seems a decent bloke works hard for the team, and he's not one to spit out the dummy and gets on with his teamates.

4) Hard one erm ............. Bellamy I reckon, why I like the type of player he is with his pace and effort, only more goals are required.

5) The F.A cup final !!!!

Losing to Everton and Manyoo and I'd happily forget Jose Mouriniho.
66-1112520797

Postby Smeg » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:54 pm

Bonus: And just to be fair, what player, manager, game or moment will you be trying to forget in the New Year. What don't you want to remember about 2006?

Happy New Year Newkit!

Anfield expansion; because it would be another nail in the coffin of football if we move to a soul-less concrete bowl like arsenal/benfica/bolton/huddsfield etc...Grounds need character, and Im against any move unless the ground is just, well a bigger version of Anfield.
Surely th problem with expanding Anfield is that we would lose alot of capacity whilst buildng is underway. If I couldn go to the match for 1-2 seasons, id be worth it.

Premiership - Henry,La Liga  - Marquez, Seria A - Kaka

MORE LATER AIII
Smeg

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:11 pm

1.  Keep anfield. Some people get a new ground and cant get used to it. also look whats happend with wembley i wouldnt like to take the risk with Liverpool

2. Premiership-Rooney La liga- Ronaldinho french league- Junihio

3. Gerrard. Never once did he moan about being played out of position and he took it with a pince of salt and when he got put back in the centre proved thats where he is best.

4.Kuyt I think this lad is really what we needed he has came and our goals ratio went up from last year and thats really what we needed

5. The Fa cup final

When Reina jumped over over the line with the ball against everton.

Happy new year

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby ConnO'var » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:53 pm

Good list...

1. Keep anfield and expand it.... I don't think a new stadium can ever replicate the atmosphere of Anfield.... It's been a while since I've been on the Kop but memories of it still send shivers down my spine. Heart not head.... I know that we'll eventually have to move but....

2. Fantasy football time.....
based on who i'd love to see and not who we need.....
Henry, Ronaldinho, Nesta....

Based on the current squad needs....
Essien , Zambrotta and Alves...

3. Dip in form or no.... the best player we've had in 2006 is the skipper.... The heartbeat of the team and our best player imo... Lost count of the number of times he's put a massive smile on my face with the performances he's put in for the club....

4. Agree with red37... even though Agger does not quite fall into the category of the addition in the last 12 months, he's impressed me the most to date...

5.  Stevie's equalizer in the FA Cup final..... no contest!

Bonus:
The hearless, gutless, spineless display against the scum.... The poorest LFC display in recent years.. :( ... it took a whole lot of pints to make me forget that......
ConnO'var

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:18 pm

1/ My heart says expand Anfield, but my head says we need the extra revenue that a new stadium would generate if we are going to flourish and maintain our position among the games elite.

2/ premiership - I would pick Ronaldo, I hate the diving cheat but hes the best winger in the world at the moment. La Liga - Villa, I am not sure he could adapt to the Premiership but if he could we would have a great goalscorer again. Worldwide - Kaka, pace, strength and guile, just edges Ronaldinho and Rooney out of my wish list.

3/ Gerrard - he makes dreams come true.

4/ Kuyt - His charactor, work ethic and ability have been outstanding. Needs to work on his left foot more to take him to another level.

5/ FA CUP FINAL

Losing to the Mancs

Happy New year everyone
account deleted by request

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:59 pm

Happy New Year Newkit!

1. Bigger Anfield, as we would have our financial future sorted by such a takeover.

2. Premiership: Andrey Shevchenko. Utter class, currently utilised in a position designed for a meathead, not a footballer. Best striker in the World bar none.

La Liga: David Villa - perfect foil for SHeva, and would mean we get  over 50 goals a season from our front two.

World: Kaka - He'd provide the link between midfield and attack that we've been missing.

3. Xabi Alonso. No question the finest technical footballer we have had in my time as a fan.

4. Probably Agger, seeing as we signed him in January. Top-drawer prospect.

5. Gerrard's cracker in FA Cup final. Best goal of that season, IMHO, and what a time to score it! That, or tw*tting the Mancs and SH*tski in the run up to the final. All 3 are priceless.

"Bonus": I'd have to say losing to the bitters and the Mancs. Moris, Red nose, Moaning Froggy tw*t, Robben, Drogba, Ferdinand, Neville, Fat b*stard Rooney, and every c*nting opposition fan on here.

Ta daaaa!  :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dward » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:58 pm

Happy New Year Newkit!

1. Make Anfield bigger. Would be brilliant to still have the amazing atmosphere for longer.

2. Premiership - C.Ronaldo. He's been one of the best players this season and he is surely going to be even better when he's older.

La Liga - David Villa. Natural goal-scorer, just what we need right now.

Anywhere else - Kaka - utter class. An outstanding player.

3. Gerrard

4. Agger. I really like this guy. I like how he plays and should turn out great.

5. Gerrard's equaliser in the FA Cup Final. What a goal!!!

Bonus: Losing to the Mancs and the Bitters.
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:40 pm

Happy New Year Newkit!

1. anfield expansion without a doubt. however it's a sign of the times now that we need to fill a 60,000 seater stadium week in week out to keep up with the likes of manure and arsenal.

2. premiership- rooney (although ronaldo would push him close on this seasons form). although i can't stand the fat ba$tard, he's a footballing genius, the like of which this country hasn't produced since gazza.

la-liga- samuel eto'o. best out and out "no 9" in europe bar none.

other- kaka. on his day the most gifted footballer on the planet, and yes that includes ronaldihno.

3. gerrard. pfa player of the year 2005/2006. enough said.

4. daniel agger. we've been talking about the need to eventually replace hyypia for going on 18 months now. well i think we may just have struck gold with this lad. could well be one of the best centre backs in europe in a few years time.

5. robbie fowlers press conference on his return to the club. i've literally never seen anyone look so happy. the guy was virtually in tears. a lfc legend. :bowdown

worst memory- losing 3-0 to one of the worst bluesh#te teams in history.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:03 am

Happy New Year Newkit!

1. Difficult question. I don't want Anfield torn down but in today's world we need to start making more profit than we are. If we are going to expend Anfield then it needs to be around 60,000. Can't decide really.

-England: Fabregas [would had said Henry but he's too loyal to them]
-Spain: Daniel Alves
-Italy: Kaka
-Germany: Bastian Shweinsteigger

3. Can't say really. I'm not the type of person who has a favorite player at the club, I care more about the team as a whole than one individual alone. But, I'd say Alonso if I had to make that choice.

4. Another tough one. Has to be down between Daniel Agger and Momo Sissoko. Fantastic young talent imo

5. FA Cup Final

Bonus:
-the defeat to Benfica and Neverton.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion