FABIO BORINI- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ballotelliman » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:55 pm

i carnt believe people are moaning about him staying hes not on 150 grand a week. He has proved if nothing else hes a hard worker. Are te moaners on here gona moan when one of our main strikers gets injured cos its bound to happen. For fecksake were in te champions league aswell.  Not one person on here would of done anything different to what the lad did. All the lad said was ok i will move to a lesser club seeming your pushing me out but on what i consider fair terms.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby eds » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:56 am

devaney » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:01 pm wrote:Eds your suggestion to boo and abuse the lad is utter shight to be honest !! Never boo'ed a player or the team in my life and I never will.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Borini sign a contract with Liverpool FC?

Why the fk should he just agree to go to a god foresaken sh.ithole like Sunderland or worse still QPR. Poyet and Rednap have been around for quite a while and what have they really achieved. Poyet hasn't been in management for that long so I'll give him the benefit of considerable doubt. Rednap has been in management since the eighties and he has managed to win the FA Cup once. He talks a good game as the HMRC are only too aware. So to simply expect Borini to give up on his ambition to play at the highest level is quite frankly downright naive. He had an awful time with injuries and that seems to have been forgotten. Yes he might have to keep the bench warm if he can get on it or he might be restricted to cup competitions. Some of the work he did at Sunderland can't be ignored even if he didn't score a lot of goals he certainly performed when it really mattered and help keep them in the Premiership. If we hadn't slipped up against Chelsea and Palace his contributions against City and Chelsea might just have helped us to win the league.

The lad has gone on record saying he wants to fight for his place. What's so bad about that?

Really shameful stuff Eds.

With his Twitter rant yesterday, I stand vindicated that this guy is an A grade to.ss.er and a disgrace to our shirt:

http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/02/fabio-borini-launches-bizarre-rant-after-failed-liverpool-exit-4854203/

Seriously I can't understand why half of you on here feel the need to back a player that wants to be paid basically to do.......NOTHING.

Rodgers and the rest of our management has made it very clear to him that he isn't good enough and won't get playing time here. It's that simple.

To answer your question mate, he should agree to sign for a "sh.it hole" like Sunderland or QPR because that is BASICALLY his level (if he wants game time).

It's definitely not with us or any other top club in Europe he has delusions about playing for.

This guy puts his ego first before his playing career, and personally I don't have any time for such muppetry, especially when WE are paying them and they are taking up one of our SQUAD places.

The argument that he wants to stay here and "represent the shirt" is also a romantic delusion because players play in this modern age for paychecks not for the loyalty of clubs or us, the fans.

The guy is destined to end up playing for a lower placed club (either here on abroad) like the countless other players that we have moved on over the decades, the only difference is that he doesn't want to accept this and neither do most of you.

I hope you are around in five to ten years time mate, when I come back and post his goal scoring record and what clubs he ended up at, because you and a few others are going to look very stupid.........

:no
Last edited by eds on Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby eds » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:59 am

Reg » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:19 pm wrote:
eds » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:22 am wrote:He is an absolute f**kwit and deserves to be booed mercilessly and fruit thrown at him next time he arrives at Melwood or any of our training sessions.

No time for "these" types of players, $90k seriously what an A-grade c**t!

Needs to have the s**t kicked out of him, another Salif Diao situation unfolding........   :no

You're not the brightest light on the Christmas tree are you son?  :ghostface:

For not wanting a mediocre player that doesn't have a future here?  Like the rest of you lemmings?

Get the f**k out of here Reginald........  :no
Last edited by eds on Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

eds

Postby eds » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:04 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:49 pm wrote:
Santa » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:43 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:18 am wrote:I don't think this is about money, QPR offered him £58k a week which is probably near double on what he is on here, as HB says I think this is about him wanting to play for a high profile club that will be challenging for honours.

The key words here being "wanting to play" and "actually playing" -- these are two separate things?

You want to stay and be seen at a high profile club, then you better work your socks off son and show some quality. If the coach deemed you're not good enough, tough accept it and move on (ever stepping into a new job and you know you just don't fit in? Nothing new here) As a professional and an Italian international at that, staying and train with the reserves will get you squat and you'll soon be lost without a trace.

So my point being...who gave him all these career advice? He clearly came out of this looking like a greedy mercenary and a muck, and will get on a bad side of the manager. He's under contract so the club will have to pay him off but what happened in a couple of season's time when he's 27 and not playing regular top level football for a couple of season...what then? Still dreaming of high profile clubs? Seriously, money aside as a professional footballer do you think spending a couple of season at the reserve while you're at your prime will help your career?

In tonight's echo Borini's agent is saying that Inter Milan wanted to take him on loan but Liverpool weren't interested, the club just wanted to get it's hands on the £14m that QPR and Sunderland had put on the table.
So in other words Liverpool were trying to steer Borini in a direction that was good for the club but not necessarily for the player. In that case you can't really blame the player for playing that game too.

It's not our fault that top clubs aren't breaking down our front door to sign him Yakka.

A loan pretty much means Inter aren't willing to take a long term risk on him either.

Despite the fact that their forward line is pretty average Palacio, Osvaldo and two kids Icardi and Bonazzoli.........they don't want to shell out any money for him  :laugh:

eds

Postby Santa » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:04 am

ballotelliman » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:55 pm wrote:i carnt believe people are moaning about him staying hes not on 150 grand a week. He has proved if nothing else hes a hard worker. Are te moaners on here gona moan when one of our main strikers gets injured cos its bound to happen. For fecksake were in te champions league aswell.  Not one person on here would of done anything different to what the lad did. All the lad said was ok i will move to a lesser club seeming your pushing me out but on what i consider fair terms.

No i would have done things differently. For a start i would have talk about my future with the club. Declare your standing loud and clear (like what Agger & Hendo did previously) Tell them that i would work my socks off and will i even get a stab at proving myself? If my face don't fit then i will disctate my terms to the club and find a suitable solutions to get my way out, protecting both my own interest and the club's...thats the best way to find a quick, amicable and beneficial solution to move forward

I might be guessing here but from what i know Borini wanted a payoff from the club then look for a big money move for himself, that's why he was stringing Sunderland along for months and asking for unrealistic personal terms. To him is either big money or sit tight and collect my Liverpool's paycheck. ffs this guy is 23 years old and was an Italian international surely he will know that playing competitively on a weekly basis will be the best for this long term professional career. Inter's interest might have come too late to be any meaningful when the club have already accepted QPR's bid. What I would do is to properly discussed and work out options with the club's hierarchy, I'm sure something could be worked out to everyone's benefit and move on from this no-win situation...but the fact that he was still in negotiation and spelling out his unrealistic terms to QPR at the very last day would indicate that money and NOT his playing future is more important to him...I might be wrong but that's how I view this looking from outside.

Yes while he's no big money surplus like Glen Johnson is but i think his club's future, options, offers on table etc was properly spelled out to him yet he managed to screw it all up and is now coming out and openly say he have made the right decision for himself...wtf? why didn't he post "I love Liverpool and I want to play here. I want another chance and I will work my a$$ off to fight to be in the squad", and then if the club still wants to sell him then it will be for the club to explain.

It might be ok to keep him at the club but i doubt he'll even be used should one or both of our strikers are injured, so the club is right to cash in now. Just because he's not a high maintenance item does not mean it's ok to keep him, JUST IN CASE! £14M opportunity missed is a £14M loss. If this is your money I don't think some of you will even talk so casually. Now that he is in the club's bad book so chances of him to even get a mention at all this season is very slim and it's not a career risk an intelligent person will take...in the hope that all stars will align and things will work out. And what if come the end of the season the club take another £10M loss, and he'll have even less options are available to move on, do you still think its a good decision for both? Don't forget next season we'll have Divock and Jordan back so he'll be less than useless then. Now hopefully he'll grow a brain come Jan's time.

Some of the people here are good at just looking at things in simple black and white terms and not thinking strategically before letting their fingers loose. Try to run a business in real life and you'll quickly learn the cold hard truth about society and the real world. Bottom line is that club did paid big money to invest on players so the players will always be a disposable asset to the club...simple business and life's reality. Or do some of you guys think we're running a charity here and  good at moaning at the owners when moneys are tight?  :no
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:19 am

Santa » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:04 am wrote:
ballotelliman » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:55 pm wrote:i carnt believe people are moaning about him staying hes not on 150 grand a week. He has proved if nothing else hes a hard worker. Are te moaners on here gona moan when one of our main strikers gets injured cos its bound to happen. For fecksake were in te champions league aswell.  Not one person on here would of done anything different to what the lad did. All the lad said was ok i will move to a lesser club seeming your pushing me out but on what i consider fair terms.

No i would have done things differently. For a start i would have talk about my future with the club. Declare your standing loud and clear (like what Agger & Hendo did previously) Tell them that i would work my socks off and will i even get a stab at proving myself? If my face don't fit then i will disctate my terms to the club and find a suitable solutions to get my way out, protecting both my own interest and the club's...thats the best way to find a quick, amicable and beneficial solution to move forward

I might be guessing here but from what i know Borini wanted a payoff from the club then look for a big money move for himself, that's why he was stringing Sunderland along for months and asking for unrealistic personal terms. To him is either big money or sit tight and collect my Liverpool's paycheck. ffs this guy is 23 years old and was an Italian international surely he will know that playing competitively on a weekly basis will be the best for this long term professional career. Inter's interest might have come too late to be any meaningful when the club have already accepted QPR's bid. What I would do is to properly discussed and work out options with the club's hierarchy, I'm sure something could be worked out to everyone's benefit and move on from this no-win situation...but the fact that he was still in negotiation and spelling out his unrealistic terms to QPR at the very last day would indicate that money and NOT his playing future is more important to him...I might be wrong but that's how I view this looking from outside.

Yes while he's no big money surplus like Glen Johnson is but i think his club's future, options, offers on table etc was properly spelled out to him yet he managed to screw it all up and is now coming out and openly say he have made the right decision for himself...wtf? why didn't he post "I love Liverpool and I want to play here. I want another chance and I will work my a$$ off to fight to be in the squad", and then if the club still wants to sell him then it will be for the club to explain.

It might be ok to keep him at the club but i doubt he'll even be used should one or both of our strikers are injured, so the club is right to cash in now. Just because he's not a high maintenance item does not mean it's ok to keep him, JUST IN CASE! £14M opportunity missed is a £14M loss. If this is your money I don't think some of you will even talk so casually. Now that he is in the club's bad book so chances of him to even get a mention at all this season is very slim and it's not a career risk an intelligent person will take...in the hope that all stars will align and things will work out. And what if come the end of the season the club take another £10M loss, and he'll have even less options are available to move on, do you still think its a good decision for both? Don't forget next season we'll have Divock and Jordan back so he'll be less than useless then. Now hopefully he'll grow a brain come Jan's time.

Some of the people here are good at just looking at things in simple black and white terms and not thinking strategically before letting their fingers loose. Try to run a business in real life and you'll quickly learn the cold hard truth about society and the real world. Bottom line is that club did paid big money to invest on players so the players will always be a disposable asset to the club...simple business and life's reality. Or do some of you guys think we're running a charity here and  good at moaning at the owners when moneys are tight?  :no

At the end of the day mate if he wants to sit on his contract he's perfectly entitled to do so, the club were more than happy to offer him that contract and if they are not satisfied with him they can pay him off and let him leave.
He's under no obligation to go anywhere he doesn't want to, and he's got every right to do what he feels is in his best interests. You may feel he'd be better off at QPR or Sunderland but obviously Fabio and his agent don't agree, and with all due respect they are the ones in possession of all the facts, you, like the rest of us, are on the outside looking in.
Maybe your ire should be aimed at the club for buying a flop in the first place.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ballotelliman » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:02 am

At the end of the day if it was me and manager said to me basically your not good enough and weve had a great offer from bottom 5 club id think feck you  your not getting rid of me and cashing in. Then id think you wanted me now your turning your back on me. i genuinely believe he went to sunderland to prove to brendan how good he was. All im saying is anyone being demoted at work aint gona be happy and say ok boss i know im sh-it  il leave now go to a cr-ap job and l take a pay cut.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby only me » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:10 am

ballotelliman » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:02 am wrote:At the end of the day if it was me and manager said to me basically your not good enough and weve had a great offer from bottom 5 club id think feck you  your not getting rid of me and cashing in. Then id think you wanted me now your turning your back on me. i genuinely believe he went to sunderland to prove to brendan how good he was. All im saying is anyone being demoted at work aint gona be happy and say ok boss i know im sh-it  il leave now go to a cr-ap job and l take a pay cut.

Your post makes no sense....If he stays yes in the near term he earns a higher pay but in the medium-long run he loses value. He will not get the offers he gets today in fact he has a good chances of being forgotten altogether.
My Guess Borini stays because he got another Compatriot joining the team so at least he will have a drinking buddy to pass the long rainy days on the bench or in the stands.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:27 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:19 am wrote:
Santa » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:04 am wrote:

At the end of the day mate if he wants to sit on his contract he's perfectly entitled to do so, the club were more than happy to offer him that contract and if they are not satisfied with him they can pay him off and let him leave.
He's under no obligation to go anywhere he doesn't want to, and he's got every right to do what he feels is in his best interests. You may feel he'd be better off at QPR or Sunderland but obviously Fabio and his agent don't agree, and with all due respect they are the ones in possession of all the facts, you, like the rest of us, are on the outside looking in.
Maybe your ire should be aimed at the club for buying a flop in the first place.

No one is arguing whether he is entitled to do so or not Yakka.

Salif Diao sat on small fortune doing f**k all years ago but was "entitled" to do so because of the way modern contracts are honoured. Does it mean it is ethically or morally correct? F**k no.  :no

That's right he is under no obligation to go anywhere he doesn't want to but as fans WE are also UNDER NO obligation to support this cretin once he decides to make such a morally bankrupt decision.

Best interests for him don't equate to best interest of the club (we support) once he starts make such spectacularly delusional decisions not joining a club where his skill level belongs.

And don't give me that rubbish that him and his hyena of an agent know more than us fans, the guy is a spud and has been one of the worst players we have had in recent history (outside of Aspas last year).

In the past our aim was squarely pointed at Rodgers for bringing in such a flop but with his recent Twitter outburst and egotistically stupid behaviour the f**ker deserves no mercy.  :no
Last edited by eds on Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eds

Postby eds » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:33 pm

ballotelliman » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:02 am wrote:At the end of the day if it was me and manager said to me basically your not good enough and weve had a great offer from bottom 5 club id think feck you  your not getting rid of me and cashing in.

So you are supporting Borini FC instead of Liverpool FC now?  :suspect:

Good for you.

BTW - he was offered more money to join QPR and Sunderland so your argument of taking a pay cut makes no sense at all.  :upside:

eds

Postby Santa » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:34 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:19 am wrote:At the end of the day mate if he wants to sit on his contract he's perfectly entitled to do so, the club were more than happy to offer him that contract and if they are not satisfied with him they can pay him off and let him leave.

Sorry but you're talking crap here mate...who's questioning Borini's entitlement here? Of course he is under contract and he was signed by Brendan...those are facts and that the club can only break this with his consent...is that even a moot point?  :oh: 

What I'm trying to understand is the phyche of a professional football player signed by the club. The fact that you're bringing up the point of me speaking from a position of not having the inside information to justify your argument is just plain lame and taking pIss...how could I forget that all your postings here are always backed by hard truth and official club's information? :laugh:

Maybe we should all just stop posting here since all the digital ink laid here are based on  crap opinion and innuendos. Sure...it's all his entitlement and for his best interest...I get it now  :bowdown

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:55 pm

ballotelliman » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:02 am wrote: i genuinely believe he went to sunderland to prove to brendan how good he was..

...or not LOL 

I'll give you three guesses as to why Brendan wanted o get rid of him  :laugh:

ballotelliman » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:02 am wrote:All im saying is anyone being demoted at work aint gona be happy and say ok boss i know im sh-it  il leave now go to a cr-ap job and l take a pay cut.

What are you a 9 year-old? You obviously someone without a spine who won't understand professional pride. Must be proud to collect your dole money then tell those honest tax payers to shove it up their hole right? Nice...

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:23 pm

Santa » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:34 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:19 am wrote:At the end of the day mate if he wants to sit on his contract he's perfectly entitled to do so, the club were more than happy to offer him that contract and if they are not satisfied with him they can pay him off and let him leave.

Sorry but you're talking crap here mate...who's questioning Borini's entitlement here? Of course he is under contract and he was signed by Brendan...those are facts and that the club can only break this with his consent...is that even a moot point?  :oh: 

What I'm trying to understand is the phyche of a professional football player signed by the club. The fact that you're bringing up the point of me speaking from a position of not having the inside information to justify your argument is just plain lame and taking pIss...how could I forget that all your postings here are always backed by hard truth and official club's information? :laugh:

Maybe we should all just stop posting here since all the digital ink laid here are based on  crap opinion and innuendos. Sure...it's all his entitlement and for his best interest...I get it now  :bowdown

At the end of the day Santa he is a Liverpool player and deserves a certain amount of respect. Do you want this club to turn into one of those no mark clubs who boo their own players or something? Do you want to set up a supporters committee to decide which players get cheered and which ones get jeered? 
The lad turned down a move ffs, hardly a capital offence, it happens all the time in football, yeah it would have been nice to get that £14m but some of the reaction to what is essentially a run of the mill occurence in footy has been way OTT.
He hasn't tweeted anything disrespectful about the club, he hasn't offended the hillsborough families, he hasn't turned up drunk for training and called Rodgers names, he hasn't got into any trouble that's made the front pages of the Sunday papers, he hasn't dragged the clubs name through the mud.......he turned down a move mate, that's all.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:57 pm

Why did he had to entirely capitalize the word "man"  :laugh: ? Does he have some kind of inferiority complex or something? Reading those tweets it seems he feels as if he "won" in a battle against the club. Not exactly a great way to show his great love for the club everyone's talking about.

Anyway, why is this guy our main topic now? Just forget about him, he'll probably be gone come January. And who knows, maybe he'll even prove to us that he's as good as he thinks he is :D
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:41 pm

damjan193 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:57 pm wrote:Why did he had to entirely capitalize the word "man"  :laugh: ? Does he have some kind of inferiority complex or something? Reading those tweets it seems he feels as if he "won" in a battle against the club. Not exactly a great way to show his great love for the club everyone's talking about.

Anyway, why is this guy our main topic now? Just forget about him, he'll probably be gone come January. And who knows, maybe he'll even prove to us that he's as good as he thinks he is :D

The fall out over this Borini business has got everyone coming out and justifying their position, now Kolo is on the back of tonight's Echo explaining why he turned down a move to Turkey.
As you say damjan this is all periphery stuff that we shouldn't get bogged down with, hopefully this topic will drop down the board.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion