EMRE CAN - official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:54 pm

***** poor performance from him today. Looked completely out of his depth
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:04 pm

Stu the Red » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:54 pm wrote:***** poor performance from him today. Looked completely out of his depth

He's 20 and it was his first ever start in a premier league game
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:00 pm

Wonder if that was the excuse needed for Owen, Gerrard Fowler etc etc.…

Oh wait, no we didn't need those pathetic excuses with those players because they were good enough, he shown absolutely nothing. Joe Allen looked like Xavi by comparison, not to mention he won't play against a worse side all season… worrying
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:17 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:04 pm wrote:
Stu the Red » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:54 pm wrote:***** poor performance from him today. Looked completely out of his depth

Cautiously agree with STU ,20 at this time and age is at least the age your talent shows ,this lad displayed nothing exciting to look for. I really have no idea why we signed him.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:24 pm

only me » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:17 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:04 pm wrote:

Cautiously agree with STU ,20 at this time and age is at least the age your talent shows ,this lad displayed nothing exciting to look for. I really have no idea why we signed him.

I will tell you exactly why we signed him, Rodgers is a clown and has blew all the money he's spent near enough.

We brought in nine players this summer, our best team…

A shocking keeper
An in experienced right back
Lovren
A dodgy partner
Enrique
Gerrard @ 34
Henderson
Allen
Coutinho left
Sterling right
Sturridge up top

Shocking!
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:45 pm

your being very kind to lovren stu  :nod  he's been total gash for 20 million quid and is no improvement on skrtel.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:04 pm

Disagree, Lovren is a good centre half mate, playing next to jokers like Skrtel, Johnson, Moreno and the keeper is doing him no favours what so ever. He is light years ahead of Skrtel and is a pro active defender. Skrtel's embarrassing reading of the game and positioning hangs him out to dry far too often.

Not to compare him to Hyypia as he was a class above, but I remember people saying he was finished playing next to Traore, as soon as he was replaced the fin went back to his old self. Football is a team game mate, most players need help to perform. Lovren has none what so ever.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:26 pm

Stu the Red » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:04 pm wrote:Disagree, Lovren is a good centre half mate, playing next to jokers like Skrtel, Johnson, Moreno and the keeper is doing him no favours what so ever. He is light years ahead of Skrtel and is a pro active defender. Skrtel's embarrassing reading of the game and positioning hangs him out to dry far too often.

Not to compare him to Hyypia as he was a class above, but I remember people saying he was finished playing next to Traore, as soon as he was replaced the fin went back to his old self. Football is a team game mate, most players need help to perform. Lovren has none what so ever.

skrtel is a good centre half as well but unfortunately not good enough, lovren is no better, its just that you haven't been looking at him that long.
i agree that our whole defence and keeper is shaky and not up to the task but i would struggle to pick out the worst. they are all all bad.
hypia's best attribute was his ability to read a game and a passage of play which he did excellently. none of our players lovren included posses that ability.
he might turn out to be the best of a bad bunch given his age but at the moment he hasn't covered himself in any glory. he was supposed to improve our defence this season and he hasnt so now we need to spend on someone else who can.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:36 pm

Completely disagree but don't have a keyboard to explain why. Skrtel is bottom of the premier standard. Never even a half decent after half
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:27 pm

Stu the Red » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:04 pm wrote:Disagree, Lovren is a good centre half mate, playing next to jokers like Skrtel, Johnson, Moreno and the keeper is doing him no favours what so ever. He is light years ahead of Skrtel and is a pro active defender. Skrtel's embarrassing reading of the game and positioning hangs him out to dry far too often.

Sorry but the vast majority of Lovren's mistakes has been solely on his shoulders. His decision making has been poor at best. Weak in the air, and positionally inept frequently.

Skrtel has been no better or worse. They both have been very poor. However there is no defence of Lovren based on who he is playing with. His errors have been individual ones that have no bearing on the players around him.

The whole defence needs a kick up the @rse quite frankly.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:12 am

SouthCoastShankly » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:27 pm wrote:
Stu the Red » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:04 pm wrote:Disagree, Lovren is a good centre half mate, playing next to jokers like Skrtel, Johnson, Moreno and the keeper is doing him no favours what so ever. He is light years ahead of Skrtel and is a pro active defender. Skrtel's embarrassing reading of the game and positioning hangs him out to dry far too often.

Sorry but the vast majority of Lovren's mistakes has been solely on his shoulders. His decision making has been poor at best. Weak in the air, and positionally inept frequently.

Skrtel has been no better or worse. They both have been very poor. However there is no defence of Lovren based on who he is playing with. His errors have been individual ones that have no bearing on the players around him.

The whole defence needs a kick up the @rse quite frankly.

100% Correct,Lovern mistakes which lead to goals rest solely on his wrong positioning and over confidence.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:19 am

What you see as wrong positioning is relative to the other defenders, in that case then I would agree. However one of the other defenders is one of the biggest drop off merchants  I've ever seen in top flight football. Skrtels positional play and lack of team work completely contradicts a pro active defender and the correct way to defend. He hangs every player he plays next to out to dry and he's done it four or five times already this season.

The fact is, we've never been decent defensively with him in the side and never will be
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:23 am

Stu the Red » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:19 am wrote:What you see as wrong positioning is relative to the other defenders, in that case then I would agree. However one of the other defenders is one of the biggest drop off merchants  I've ever seen in top flight football. Skrtels positional play and lack of team work completely contradicts a pro active defender and the correct way to defend. He hangs every player he plays next to out to dry and he's done it four or five times already this season.

The fact is, we've never been decent defensively with him in the side and never will be

The issue isn't Skertel i always claimed he is a goat rapist and shouldn't be part of our team...We are talking about LOVERN ,his positioning when he guards individual opponent players is terrible ,i don't know if he relies on his speed to compensate in case of an error or he is just plain stupid ,but he fails a lot of time to be "Proactive" as you rightly wrote before.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:06 am

Looks a decent prospect. He seems to lack mobility and agility though, or at least it looked that way against Hull. Just a little observation.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby C-R » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:15 pm

RedAnt » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:06 am wrote:Looks a decent prospect. He seems to lack mobility and agility though, or at least it looked that way against Hull. Just a little observation.

Defo see what your saying about the mobility, he looked off the pace tbh, maybe needs time to adjust to the pace of the EPL, makes u wonder why BR makes these type of signings when we could have had an Alex Song or Mo Diame type

Fingers crossed Emre comes good for us
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion