Emre belozoglu

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:04 am

Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester United are all ready to hand Emre Belozoglu the chance to play in England next season.
The player has confirmed he is leaving Internazionale in the summer with The Premiership and La Liga his two preferred destinations.
The 24-year-old is not yet ready to move back to his native Turkey and his agent has admitted to skysports.com that England is where he wants to be.
"I have told the Nerazzurri's officials that I'll leave in June because I want to play in another country," Emre told Lig TV.
"I don't want to come back to Turkey. I've received many offers both from Spain and England and I hope to go in one of those countries.
"I have another two years' contract with Inter, but I hope there won't be problems."
Both Arsene Wenger and Sir Alex Ferguson are known to be long-term admirers of the diminutive Turk - who arrived at Inter in a £5 million treble deal which also saw Okan Buruk and Hakan Sukur transfer from Galatasaray.
Liverpool were also interested when Gerard Houllier was in charge and now it can be revealed that Rafa Benitez made a move for Emre in January - which confirms his interest.
While his fellow countrymen failed to find their feet in Serie A, Emre has flourished and shown what an adept player he is.
However, despite having two years left on his current deal - he is now ready to move on.
His agent Ahmet Bulut - who in November told skysports.com that Emre would quit Inter this summer - has again confirmed his client is looking to move.
Bulut still feels that England is the most likely destination for Emre.
"Emre wants to leave at the end of the season," he told skysports.com.
"I am now waiting for the offers and expect to receive them over the next few weeks.
"We expect that only the top clubs in England could afford Emre's salary and we know there has been a lot interest there.
"Liverpool tried for him during the transfer window, so that is something we may look at again - but we are still looking at the offers."
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:21 am

kazza wrote:"We expect that only the top clubs in England could afford Emre's salary and we know there has been a lot interest there.

He's 24 ,playing for one of Italy's top clubs,still has 2 years left on his contract and from the quote above is obviously on a good wage .What's his problem ?
I smell another mercenary.  :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:31 am

He 's a good player but I don't think he wants to play with Liverpool.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby kazza » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:33 am

woof woof ! wrote:I smell another mercenary.  :(

The thing is, if you listen to the Agents they will make anyone look like a Mercenary even Mother Theresa
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:59 am

woof woof ! wrote:
kazza wrote:"We expect that only the top clubs in England could afford Emre's salary and we know there has been a lot interest there.

He's 24 ,playing for one of Italy's top clubs,still has 2 years left on his contract and from the quote above is obviously on a good wage .What's his problem ?
I smell another mercenary.  :(

he isn't satrting week in week out, and a guy of his quality wants this.

He would be a good signing IMO, very tricky player, good with ball at his feet, agile, good passer and quite strong for a little guy.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:17 pm

Nah dont fancy signing him

Turks with good reputations have come to the premiership before and been pretty average.

Tugay, Alpay and hakan Sukur spring to mind.

I think that most turkish players are technically very good but maybe its their mentality or the physical side of the premiership that makes them struggle.

I know this doesn't necessarily apply to every Turkish player, but its worth a thought
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:40 pm

Tugay has been very good for Blackburn up until this season, and Alpay was decent for Villa until sold.

I think Emre is the sort of player who would cut it in England, he is very determined and strong for a little guy and has the skill and ability to match.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:52 pm

how much would he go for?
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Nando » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:20 pm

The Canadian Red Army wrote:how much would he go for?

id say about £5 million, shouldnt be any more than that
Nando
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:24 pm

for 5 million thats not bad at all
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:11 am

The Canadian Red Army wrote:for 5 million thats not bad at all

defo, CRA.

IMO he would be a steal at 5 million, he is a quailty player and with such a long time left on his contract Inter have time to do some major negotianting in the market.

If he wants to come to England, I say that he is defo worth consideration.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:22 am

how good is he at tackling and defence, im not saying rid him of his offensive qualities. Im thinking of someone with hamanns qualities but with attacking abilities of gerrard. For the future when hamann decides on what hes going to do next. For 5 million i say that would be a steal and we should go straight for him. Which foot is he?
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:44 pm

left
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:11 am

The Canadian Red Army wrote:how good is he at tackling and defence, im not saying rid him of his offensive qualities. Im thinking of someone with hamanns qualities but with attacking abilities of gerrard. For the future when hamann decides on what hes going to do next. For 5 million i say that would be a steal and we should go straight for him. Which foot is he?

he's not much like Hamann, he's a very creative player and gets fouled a lot cos of his low centre of gravity, agility and skill on the ball.
Although he does cover the pitch well and is never afarid to go in for a tackle, a bit like Stevie really in that sense.

I think himself and Alonso would pair up quite well actually.
Last edited by LFC #1 on Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:17 am

LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion