Postby DAV » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:45 pm

Jimmy the Weasel
if you do something for the wrong reason
for god sake dont make it public
do you see my point
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:45 pm

i hope he didnt mean what he say cos if he did i would boo him everytime he touched the ball.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby DAV » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:49 pm

i have been a member of this players for years and hardley post anymore
but this makes my blood boil
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jimmy the Weasel » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:53 pm

DAV wrote:Jimmy the Weasel
if you do something for the wrong reason
for god sake dont make it public
do you see my point

I see your point. I am also being open minded enough to see his perspective as well.

What if he doesn't think he's made the decision for the wrong reason though?
Jimmy the Weasel

Postby roberto green » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:54 pm

I think everyone is reading too much into it.It has probaly be worded wrong and come out the wrong way,even if he did come for the money how many players that have played for us in the past 5 years have come for the money? the list would be endless.

It isn,t as if Liverpool are giving him mega bucks like a Chelsea or man city cos really he is a unknown quantity im sure if he herd Liverpool f.c were interested in him with their history in Europe that would of went some way towards his move.
roberto green

Postby Jimmy the Weasel » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:56 pm

roberto green wrote:I think everyone is reading too much into it.It has probaly be worded wrong and come out the wrong way,even if he did come for the money how many players that have played for us in the past 5 years have come for the money? the list would be endless.

It isn,t as if Liverpool are giving him mega bucks like a Chelsea or man city cos really he is a unknown quantity im sure if he herd Liverpool f.c were interested in him with their history in Europe that would of went some way towards his move.

Indeed, if you are motivated by money, why does it really make that much difference whether it's public knowledge or not?
Jimmy the Weasel

Postby metalhead » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:58 pm

andy_g wrote:i don't see anything wrong there to be honest - all he says is that he came to liverpool because they offered him the most money. i'm sure that's been the case for a lot of our favourite players over the years.

Not torres, he took a wage cut to join us :)
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:58 pm

i've now read the article 3 or 4 times and i still fail to see what is so wrong with it. he states that he's concerned the credit crunch could affect the premiership, not least because its main sponsor has lost a shed load of money. he also states he wishes he'd have known more about the situation before he came to play here. he also states that liverpool was his best financial offer and that he feels good here.

if you feel that the industry you are in is threatened by the economic climate you have every right to express anxiety about it.

where's the friggin' problem??

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:59 pm

what he thinks in his own mind is one thing
the most recent comment i have read about him is another
if another comment on sky or in press could put this to rest, that would be acceptable.
nothing else is will do for me
Either make a statement saying this is not true or leave the club.
if he now thinks Liverpool FC is the place for him and he loves the history tradition etc that is another topic all together
but as it stands all i can go on is what i read as i dont no the guy personnaly. And i see no such press confrence or artical anywhere else.
please show me a link if you have this info
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jimmy the Weasel » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:01 pm

Possibly because most people think it's something and nothing? I don't know.

Will all the players who are in any way motivated by money please leave the club!!
Jimmy the Weasel

Postby roberto green » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:02 pm

Jimmy the Weasel wrote:Possibly because most people think it's something and nothing? I don't know.

Will all the players who are in any way motivated by money please leave the club!!

yep were playing five a side come Saturday
roberto green

Postby DAV » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:05 pm

so still dont get it jimmy do you
thinking something and saying something are 2 totally different things
surely you see what happens on here , as alot of posts are started by what the press say, not what the player thinks (as we cannot read minds)

"Had I known about certain things before I would have thought twice (about moving to England), I would have asked for more guarantees.

"But I feel good at Liverpool and I chose to move abroad because it was the best financial offer.

this bit i have a problem with, it may be taken out of context by sky but "because it was the best financial offer"
that one comment says alot to me
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:05 pm

DAV wrote:what he thinks in his own mind is one thing
the most recent comment i have read about him is another
if another comment on sky or in press could put this to rest, that would be acceptable.
nothing else is will do for me
Either make a statement saying this is not true or leave the club.
if he now thinks Liverpool FC is the place for him and he loves the history tradition etc that is another topic all together
but as it stands all i can go on is what i read as i dont no the guy personnaly. And i see no such press confrence or artical anywhere else.
please show me a link if you have this info

Maybe you should just wait a little bit mate!
I noticed that none of the "QUOTES" were actually closed apart from the first line.Now call me a sceptic but I dont trust Sky or any reporter one bit.

Could it be selective journalism?
ie taking one piece from the horses mouth and leaving some out?
Id wait a while before Id call for him to be hung drawn and quartered and sent back to Italy!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:09 pm

my first post and alot say the same thing

"If this is true"
and if it is not i expect some further infomation in the news
which i will be happy with
but i can only post on what is available at the time
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jimmy the Weasel » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:10 pm

DAV wrote:so still dont get it jimmy do you
thinking something and saying something are 2 totally different things
surely you see what happens on here , as alot of posts are started by what the press say, not what the player thinks (as we cannot read minds)

"Had I known about certain things before I would have thought twice (about moving to England), I would have asked for more guarantees.

"But I feel good at Liverpool and I chose to move abroad because it was the best financial offer.

this bit i have a problem with, it may be taken out of context by sky but "because it was the best financial offer"
that one comment says alot to me

Yep, I do understand why you're concerned - but that's why I initially suggested that it's a bit naive / ill-advised and possibly lost in translation.

Since when did a Sky Sports "story" suddenly become grounds to call for a player to leave the club though?! More often than not we ignore the :censored: in the press!!

I'm not too concerned, but if you want to break it down a bit...

So he decided that for financial reasons he should move abroad. Not to Liverpool specifically, just abroad, for financial reasons.

Makes sense, no? Who is to say that we then offered him the most money? That some other club abroad offered more, but he came to us because we're Liverpool?

As I said, seems to me he was probably asked a question, answered it, was a bit naive, but nothing more.
Jimmy the Weasel

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion