Dossena

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LittleHobo » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:20 pm

Ok im all in favour of giving a guy time to settle in and obviously he isnt gonna be at his best now BUT

when you play like jimi troare without the pace you have to worry about the lad.

every performance by him has been 5/10 or 6/10 at best

played for italy though recently which is at least something, but im slightly worried that he will make the grade at LFC, what you reckon?

Do you think he is another case of "the man rafa really wanted he couldnt get so dossena is a panic buy" ?
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby taff » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:25 pm

I think rafa goes for attitude as a main point and I like this guy and think he will be a good buy.  he has to find his feet but immediately he looks up for it and a looks a tough nut, plus he is not afraid to attack.

Solid capable left back and IMO a lot more to come from him
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:25 pm

Too early to judge.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:26 pm

i agree to early to judge but to me he just looks like jimi troare without the pace and a tad better crossing ability

which is worrying cause at least jonny riise offered a goal threat and was a solidish defender, dossena doesnt even look solid
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:27 pm

Its way to early to makes such decisions about foreign lads mmoving to a different country and style of footie. Some adapt quickly (Reira, Reina and Nando), others develop slower (Babel and Keane) and some simply dont adapt (Lucas).

Dossena needs more time. Relax my friend and watch the banks crash.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:27 pm

the guy was first choice left back for the italian national side the other night. if both rafa and lippi both see something in the lad, i'm prepared to back their judgement.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LittleHobo » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:28 pm

stmichael wrote:the guy was first choice left back for the italian national side the other night. if both rafa and lippi both see something in the lad, i'm prepared to back their judgement.

thats what i was thinking

but it worries me how he reminds me of traore  :D
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Number 9 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:35 pm

First signs have not been great in a defensive sense.Going forward he's looked decent at times though.
Saying this I'm not gonna judge him yet as he should be given time to adapt to a new League.He needs games though in my opinion if he is gonna pick things up,being in and out of the team will not help him!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedEire » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:44 pm

He struggled with the pace of Niang and Kone the other night against Marseille - however they are the exception in that they are extremely quick and light footed and any type of contact at all and they were going to ground and I feel he was wary of giving away frees on edge of box or penalty.  However, there is something i like about - something in the Neil Ruddock mode
RedEire

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:44 pm

I agree that it's too early to judge the guy.

However ... the way Aurelio and Riera combined vs Man Utd I reckon they might be the 1st choice pairing on the left side
But ... Aurelio appears to be made of chocolate and is injured more than he is fit
So ... Dosenna will probably get his fair share of football and a chance to prove his worth

Rafa and Lippi are no mugs so he must be a good player. It must be tough playing the odd game here and there. Not only has he had to adapt to new surroundings,  new style of play + new team mates but he's had to cope with sporadic selection. If he gets a run in the team we'll no doubt see what he can do. Then we can judge him!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby ste123lfc » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:45 pm

Not convinced yet, but i'm note goin to slate him yet, give him time to adjust to the pace of the game.
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:48 pm

I think he was first choice at LB for Italy the other night so he must have something. But I havent seen him play enough for us yet.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:56 pm

To be honest, we let a good young English kid who came through the academy in Stephen Warnock go for peanuts, and nobody we've had at left back since is significantly better imo.

At least that's what I said last week before the Blackburn-Arsenal game when he had probably the worst game of his career and was responsible for 3 of the 4 goals. :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Jimmy the Weasel » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:58 pm

I've been reasonably impressed so far - allowing time to settle and all that jazz, he's looked decent on the ball, can cross fairly well.

He's been caught a few times positionally, but I'm putting that down to the fact that he's palying as part of a new defensive unit, so needs time to get used to that.

I also think he'll benefit from having a genuine left midfielder in front of him, which will allow them to combine more effectively, rather than having to worry about Benayoun taking the ball back inside all the time and leaving the space in front of the full-back.
Jimmy the Weasel

Postby metalhead » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:44 pm

Looks like a decent footballer, good crosser and goes forward whenever possible.

What worries me is that his defencive capabilities looks average, he can get skinned really easily, which is a worry.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion