Do you think that the boardroom shennanigans... - ... have affected performances ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Do you think that the boardroom shennanigans... - ... have affected performances ?

They have been effected to the detrement- (WORSE)
61%
No there has been no effect (THE SAME)
31%
The performances have been better due to the boardroom wrangle (BETTER)
8%

Total votes : 61

Postby redhayesy » Fri May 02, 2008 11:54 pm

i really think that performances, have been good overall, since the boardroom bullsh1t
because despite what has gone on from when it origanilly started, (let"s not forget that)
raffa,the coaching staff, the sqaud have shown fantastic team spirit!! they have stuck
together & played some great football, shown passion which has got us some great
results!! people on here can argue they are paid a fecking lot of money to do a job etc
but for me, they have been professional in doing what counts, & that is to try
& perform to the best of their ability, win games etc depite what is going on
around them. look at the last few mounths, if any of you where at the demonstraitions
in the last few mounths, you will know what i mean! the team where fully aware of
what was going on, but still tried their best for the manager,fans, etc. i still say
that taking everything into account (& i don"t say it lightly) the team have done
well, because i for one will & never have looked for excuses, the blame if that is what
anyone wants to call it, is that during any part of the season, a manager is treated
the way raffa has ben treated (fecking discustingly) then that will effect the team
however, as i have said i think it is a credit to raffa & the squad the way they have
responded! feck off you y@nk :censored:, you have tried to gain what you think is
control of our club, but you will never take control of our belief in what is important
our history, respect & love for this great club of ours.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Sat May 03, 2008 12:34 am

I voted no. It isnt helping the name of Liverpool FC having two bickering ole f@rts at the club but when it has come down to footballing matters, rafa has got what he wanted. He got mascherano. Many people doubted they would cough up but they did. We also got torres. As con has said, the worst they have done is drag our name through the mud. As for our performances they have been good, even when severely rotated the 2nd string have put in some good performances.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat May 03, 2008 12:44 am

Scottbot wrote:Fair enough if you have that opinion but you've turned into the grumpy grandad that no-one wants at family parties. If you were a pundit it would definately be Mark Lawrensen.

:D
112-1077774096

Postby LFC2007 » Sat May 03, 2008 2:36 am

There are two questions here i) Have boardroom shenanigans affected our performances detrimentally this season?, and attached to the first question ii) What, if anything, has the net impact of this been on our season?

My view is that, yes, off-the-field activities have affected our performances to our detriment, the extent to which has been greater than negligible, yet ultimately below 'determinative' - esp. regards our title challenge. Would we have made a better challenge for the title but for off-the-field shenanigans? Possibly given that it was probably at its most severe in that period where we drew too many games, which effectively put us out of the race. Whilst I feel we may have sustained a challenge for a longer period, I don't think we'd have managed to sustain it. Ultimately, it's very difficult to assess the extent to which it has affected our performances, because there simply isn't a way of measuring it - we can only make reasoned judgements as to how we think it has affected Rafa's job, the players, and in turn our performances. Even still, how do you translate the effect on the manager, and his players into points, and an ability to challenge for trophies?

It's virtually impossible and we can only make reasoned judgements, but I'd imagine, given that most acknowledged earlier in the season that Rafa's job had become 'impossible' or at least significantly more complicated on a 'week-to-week' basis, they'd also acknowledge that the effect on our performances has been greater than 'negligible'.

Essentially, I just don't think the effect on the team and manager should be downplayed, as if the actions of our owners somehow bear little or no significance to our team and manager, and subsequently their performance. Beyond that, I don't really mind what judgements people come to - so long of course that it's not the reverse i.e. that board-room shenanigans have affected our season to the greatest extent possible, or around about that.
LFC2007

Postby Kharhaz » Sat May 03, 2008 3:15 am

There are two questions here i) Have boardroom shenanigans affected our performances detrimentally this season?, and attached to the first question ii) What, if anything, has the net impact of this been on our season?

My view is that, yes, off-the-field activities affected our performances to our detriment

No we have failed because of rafa, the attitude of the players and because we have lost out to teams who have simply wanted the match more. Yes there are arguments amongst the board members but when it comes to the team both chairmen have delivered. We have what we want. We have team wise, the team we wanted. We always want better players, but this season you cannot blame the chairmen. Yes they are bickering, yes they are making themselfs look like fools but rafa controls the team, the chairmen are in a different debate. Who has gained credit? rafa of course, he has got on with his job. Its easy as supporters to say the boardroom saga has had an effect but lets look at reality. It hasnt.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sat May 03, 2008 3:16 am

Kharhaz wrote:

My view is that, yes, off-the-field activities affected our performances to our detriment

No we have failed because of rafa, the attitude of the players and because we have lost out to teams who have simply wanted the match more. Yes there are arguments amongst the board members but when it comes to the team both chairmen have delivered. We have what we want. We have team wise, the team we wanted. We always want better players, but this season you cannot blame the chairmen. Yes they are bickering, yes they are making themselfs look like fools but rafa controls the team, the chairmen are in a different debate. Who has gained credit? rafa of course, he has got on with his job. Its easy as supporters to say the boardroom saga has had an effect but lets look at reality. It hasnt.

I refer you to my previous post.
LFC2007

Postby Kharhaz » Sat May 03, 2008 3:20 am

LFC2007 wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

What previous post would that be?
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sat May 03, 2008 3:22 am

Kharhaz wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

What previous post would that be?

The one above my last one which refers you to it.
LFC2007

Postby Kharhaz » Sat May 03, 2008 3:25 am

So when I said before that you take in what you say as gospel and why you bother replying on this forum because you are right regardless I would be right. What better way to answer a reply. Refer to my previous post.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sat May 03, 2008 3:28 am

LFC2007

Postby Kharhaz » Sat May 03, 2008 3:35 am

LFC2007 wrote:I refer you to my previous post.

I thought you had an answer for most who disagreed, guess your talents lie only with correcting the words you incorrectly spell.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sat May 03, 2008 3:38 am

LFC2007

Postby Kharhaz » Sat May 03, 2008 3:44 am

You have already answered. You cannot answer those who question your mind. Its better to insult them or look down on them. As I do you. You are shallow, pathetic and consider yourself perfection. Good thing too, as no one else does. Take your opinions as gospel, your the only one who does. To me you will always be an idiot.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sat May 03, 2008 3:51 am

???
LFC2007

Postby Kharhaz » Sat May 03, 2008 4:17 am

LFC2007 wrote: ???

Ohh the questioning? you take on board what the regulars say, you also take on board what the newer members say but take it as your own, you then take in your WUMS and add that to your reply. What you have then is a reply that is all round. The rest of us dont try so hard, we just speak as it is but it is much more to you, you have to be there dont you? You have to be an all rounder and hop on the bandwagon. Look at peewee, look at GBJH, you are always there stirring. And then sit back and watch the fireworks.Like I said. You are an idiot, you are there simply there because you have no other significance in life.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion